O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Major Mixed-Use Project Bound for Atlanta's Southside

Major Mixed-Use Project Bound for Atlanta's Southside

Jodeco_20Atlanta_20South_20Birdseye_20Rendering_20_5B570983_5D.0.jpg

While a steady stream of OTP mixed-use developments have cropped up north of Atlanta in the last few years, the south side of the Perimeter has yet to see significant investment, beyond the occasional major movie studio. But now RCP Companies— an Alabama-based developer — is aiming to change that. On Wednesday, the firm dropped a bombshell announcement of their intentions to build a massive mixed-use project in McDonough. According to the press release, the Jodeco|Atlanta South project is slated to bring $300 million of investment to Henry County.

Jodeco_20Atlanta_20South_20Mt_20Olive_20Market_20_5B570984_5D.0.jpg

[View of the markets in the development. Image via RCP.]
RCP envisions a high-end development to include all the trappings of the latest mixed-use centers. With restaurants, retail, entertainment — including an amphitheater — and an "amenity-rich urban district," Jodeco|Atlanta South is a sizable undertaking. Encompassing some 500,000 square feet, the proposal could have two "upscale" hotels and around 600 units of housing.

All of the development is planned to be interlinked by a 30-acre park system with natural wetlands, a perimeter bike path, boardwalk bridge and natural hiking trails. And, of course, no new development would be complete without a food hall; the Mt. Olive Market, in this case, will feature dining options from "the best local and regional chefs" in a 12,000-square-foot facility.

Designed by Urban Design Associates out of Pittsburgh, the project will get underway later this year, with the goal of a phased opening beginning in 2017. The name, by the way, is a reference to Jodeco Road.

· RCP Announces New Developement – Jodeco | Atlanta South in Henry County[RCP Companies]

2153 Jodeco Rd, McDonough, GA 30253
2153 Jodeco Rd, McDonough, GA 30253
Gotdamn south side traffic is about to suck even more:beli:

And anybody going to the TI concert tonight?

Thinking about hitting up the UBar tomorrow too

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Also Fulton County brehs make sure to go out and vote on March 1st.

Not for presidential purposes, which I wouldn't even be mad if y'all didn't vote at all:manny:but because there's a vote on there for the county to add an extra 1% to sales tax for the purpose of water and sewage projects.

shyt may be lowkey important, and they not gettin more taxes outta me :jawalrus:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
:ufdup: I'm only dapping because you from Atl. Thought about taking it back since you a Warriors fan :birdman:

lmaooo I see you bro:salute:

I'm definitely not a Warriors fan, love my Hawks no matter how boring they are to watch, but I'll be damned if I can't appreciate greatness like that :banderas:

I whipped out my phone to take a couple pics and vids towards the end of the game, and of course the one time I take my phone and video was that play they ran for Steph in the corner when he quick popped it right in Teague:damn::damn: I think Ima be shown that shyt to my kids brehs

But the stadium was full of people in Warriors gear, and people were cheering them on a good bit. When the buzzer sounded it was more cheers than groans, why is our city full of hypebeasts :snoop:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also Fulton County brehs make sure to go out and vote on March 1st.

Not for presidential purposes, which I wouldn't even be mad if y'all didn't vote at all:manny:but because there's a vote on there for the county to add an extra 1% to sales tax for the purpose of water and sewage projects.

shyt may be lowkey important, and they not gettin more taxes outta me :jawalrus:

Naw we need that tax breh

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Naw we need that tax breh

What are they gonna use it on? I tried doing some research on current major water projects they got going on, but I didn't find much other than an old project to save a water treatment facility up in John's Creek.

Me personally I don't wanna give cash up to save OTP parts of Fulton, not that that one project is indicative of anything as a whole, but I would like to see more explanation as to what it'll be for. If voted through, the tax can continue until up to 750 million in collected tax.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What are they gonna use it on? I tried doing some research on current major water projects they got going on, but I didn't find much other than an old project to save a water treatment facility up in John's Creek.

Me personally I don't wanna give cash up to save OTP parts of Fulton, not that that one project is indicative of anything as a whole, but I would like to see more explanation as to what it'll be for. If voted through, the tax can continue until up to 750 million in collected tax.

Kasim cut it after he got elected (dont quote me on that)

2016 Keep Atlanta's Water Clean March 1st Vote

Theres the fb opage

u can listen to his reasons tomorrow as well
Honorable Mayor Kasim Reed / M.O.S.T Kick Off / #PoliticsAfterDark