WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Major Mixed-Use Project Bound for Atlanta's Southside

Jodeco_20Atlanta_20South_20Birdseye_20Rendering_20_5B570983_5D.0.jpg

While a steady stream of OTP mixed-use developments have cropped up north of Atlanta in the last few years, the south side of the Perimeter has yet to see significant investment, beyond the occasional major movie studio. But now RCP Companies— an Alabama-based developer — is aiming to change that. On Wednesday, the firm dropped a bombshell announcement of their intentions to build a massive mixed-use project in McDonough. According to the press release, the Jodeco|Atlanta South project is slated to bring $300 million of investment to Henry County.

Jodeco_20Atlanta_20South_20Mt_20Olive_20Market_20_5B570984_5D.0.jpg

[View of the markets in the development. Image via RCP.]
RCP envisions a high-end development to include all the trappings of the latest mixed-use centers. With restaurants, retail, entertainment — including an amphitheater — and an "amenity-rich urban district," Jodeco|Atlanta South is a sizable undertaking. Encompassing some 500,000 square feet, the proposal could have two "upscale" hotels and around 600 units of housing.

All of the development is planned to be interlinked by a 30-acre park system with natural wetlands, a perimeter bike path, boardwalk bridge and natural hiking trails. And, of course, no new development would be complete without a food hall; the Mt. Olive Market, in this case, will feature dining options from "the best local and regional chefs" in a 12,000-square-foot facility.

Designed by Urban Design Associates out of Pittsburgh, the project will get underway later this year, with the goal of a phased opening beginning in 2017. The name, by the way, is a reference to Jodeco Road.

· RCP Announces New Developement – Jodeco | Atlanta South in Henry County[RCP Companies]

2153 Jodeco Rd, McDonough, GA 30253

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Y'all tryna do a meet up at like a Hawks game? I like @Warren Moon suggestion of a cookout, everybody bring somethin, we can play spades, dominoes, etc

Only thing would be if we're trying to meet up at somebody's house or go to a park. I'd be open to either one

I fukk with the cookout idea. I'll pull up on y'all brehs for some spades. Put a few in the air and eat some good food.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I fukk with the cookout idea. I'll pull up on y'all brehs for some spades. Put a few in the air and eat some good food.

Yep :win: (even tho I don't smoke :lolbron:)

What park would y'all want to do?

I'm partial to the Westside so I'm gonna go with my home park at John A White Park or Adams Park

For my Southside brehs how about Welcome All? :ld:

For my :wrist: brehs, we could do Piedmont :heh:

If we do a park keep in mind we may have to rent a gazebo or section and it is concert season/festival season so the parks could be packed depending on what's goin on that wknd

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater

Jodeco_20Atlanta_20South_20Birdseye_20Rendering_20_5B570983_5D.0.jpg

While a steady stream of OTP mixed-use developments have cropped up north of Atlanta in the last few years, the south side of the Perimeter has yet to see significant investment, beyond the occasional major movie studio. But now RCP Companies— an Alabama-based developer — is aiming to change that. On Wednesday, the firm dropped a bombshell announcement of their intentions to build a massive mixed-use project in McDonough. According to the press release, the Jodeco|Atlanta South project is slated to bring $300 million of investment to Henry County.

Jodeco_20Atlanta_20South_20Mt_20Olive_20Market_20_5B570984_5D.0.jpg

[View of the markets in the development. Image via RCP.]
RCP envisions a high-end development to include all the trappings of the latest mixed-use centers. With restaurants, retail, entertainment — including an amphitheater — and an "amenity-rich urban district," Jodeco|Atlanta South is a sizable undertaking. Encompassing some 500,000 square feet, the proposal could have two "upscale" hotels and around 600 units of housing.

All of the development is planned to be interlinked by a 30-acre park system with natural wetlands, a perimeter bike path, boardwalk bridge and natural hiking trails. And, of course, no new development would be complete without a food hall; the Mt. Olive Market, in this case, will feature dining options from "the best local and regional chefs" in a 12,000-square-foot facility.

Designed by Urban Design Associates out of Pittsburgh, the project will get underway later this year, with the goal of a phased opening beginning in 2017. The name, by the way, is a reference to Jodeco Road.

· RCP Announces New Developement – Jodeco | Atlanta South in Henry County[RCP Companies]

:ohhh:

Good look bruh. I actually work down in Hampton and I've been teasing with either moving closer down there or staying near the city. I wouldn't mind being over there right off 75 too. That traffic is going to be serious down there too.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Yep :win: (even tho I don't smoke :lolbron:)

What park would y'all want to do?

I'm partial to the Westside so I'm gonna go with my home park at John A White Park or Adams Park

For my Southside brehs how about Welcome All? :ld:

For my :wrist: brehs, we could do Piedmont :heh:

If we do a park keep in mind we may have to rent a gazebo or section and it is concert season/festival season so the parks could be packed depending on what's goin on that wknd

I'm like you breh, Washington Park or JA White would be my first choice. But I think most of the brehs on here stay out east.
I'd say Grant Park. Good central location. And a meetup during one of those festival weeks would be dope too. That way we ain't gotta worry about inviting females so brehs ain't gotta complain about it being a sausage fest.

Edit- Piedmont during the Jazz Fest Memorial Day wknd wouldn't be a bad look tho

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Any brehs eating off of the Broner bros Hair Show this weekend.

That event brings plenty of fine women to the city. :takedat:

Too bad I'm out of town right now :francis:

Last edited:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
I'm like you breh, Washington Park or JA White would be my first choice. But I think most of the brehs on here stay out east.
I'd say Grant Park. Good central location. And a meetup during one of those festival weeks would be dope too. That way we ain't gotta worry about inviting females so brehs ain't gotta complain about it being a sausage fest.

Edit- Piedmont during the Jazz Fest Memorial Day wknd wouldn't be a bad look tho
They still allow tent set ups during the jazz fest?