The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Skimmed through it and on second thought it's not really all that good. I wanted to like it so bad and for it to be a classic, but nah.

It had its moments but it doesn't compel me to watch it over and over.

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
i downloaded the epsiodes is there a reason why ep 5 is only 155mb while the rest are 700mb and up?

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lmao yea but still she hated that dude from the Jump even though he was part of the incrowd she needed to get noticed.. plus the "cafre" comment wasn't cuz of his living conditions. Cuz he's a black guy that interferes with her plans and has a huge influence on Zeke/Books. And you remember when they were at the new music spot when they used her song to scratch and Shao said he's not using the "wackness" part she got mad and was saying to her friends "those little nikkas don't kno music"
My man and the rest of you there is clearly sexaul tension between mylene and Stalin. I can't believe y'all don't see it :what:. Just waoit in part 2 they will end up fukkin. In fact I believe at the DJ battle when she is saying that Zeke is fine she is really talking about shaolin but of course she couldn't say it in front of her friends. Just watch :sas2:

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lmao yea but still she hated that dude from the Jump even though he was part of the incrowd she needed to get noticed.. plus the "cafre" comment wasn't cuz of his living conditions. Cuz he's a black guy that interferes with her plans and has a huge influence on Zeke/Books. And you remember when they were at the new music spot when they used her song to scratch and Shao said he's not using the "wackness" part she got mad and was saying to her friends "those little nikkas don't kno music"
My man and the rest of you there is clearly sexaul tension between mylene and Stalin. I can't believe y'all don't see it :what:. Just waoit in part 2 they will end up fukkin. In fact I believe at the DJ battle when she is saying that Zeke is fine she is really talking about shaolin but of course she couldn't say it in front of her friends. Just watch :sas2:

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
Crazy legs complaining lack of Latino representatives .

Main character..half Latino
Main chick ..Latino..
One of her best friend.. Latino..
Dude running the underground city development...Latino...

I guess the real problem.
Lack of white Hispanics...

Honestly this is one of the best shows that speak to the Latino experience in the US. We dont all achieve the American dream. Sometimes our parents have dark past they run away from and we aren't all English speak nor spanish speaking people. Books and Mylene are influenced heavily by their PR roots but it doesn't dominate their identity.

Last edited:

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
damn i watched this shyt too quick now im feinin like jodeci I love it because it's different never been a show like this. as far as jaden well that was authentic as far as the disco scene went. nikkas act like gay dudes wasn't around back then 3 brothers and 1 being gay is not a stretch. Mylene the dream :wow: . Books aunt reminds me of j lo like that would be her if she wasnt famous. Leslie lesco makes me think angela yee for some reason :patrice:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
i love this show.

i can't believe they've cancelled it.

It amazes me how well they captured the essence of hiphop culture.

I also do find it funny that the show didn't rate so well.

I'm of the belief that the fakkitru aspect that was promoted kept viewership low.

I know personally that's why i held off from watching it until yesterdaay. i thought it was going to be another show peppered with the homosexual agenda, and not the brief look into that aspect of the new york art scene.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i love this show.

i can't believe they've cancelled it.

It amazes me how well they captured the essence of hiphop culture.

I also do find it funny that the show didn't rate so well.

I'm of the belief that the fakkitru aspect that was promoted kept viewership low.

I know personally that's why i held off from watching it until yesterdaay. i thought it was going to be another show peppered with the homosexual agenda, and not the brief look into that aspect of the new york art scene.
It's not cancelled.
A few articles are reporting a rumor or just praying it does get cancelled.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The show cost 120 mill and the 1st weekend it was out the talk around it was lukewarm at best. I had my personal problems with it (not enough not to watch the final 6 episodes if they were ever released).

If it is done I will put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the person who decided on the lack of melanin in the creative process. Baz luhrman and hip hop was always going to be a strange mixture. Lol at they captured the essence of hip hop culture though

Ps not sure I am feeling this new Netflix which cancels shows now yet still won't release the metric they are gauging these shows off of

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The show cost 120 mill and the 1st weekend it was out the talk around it was lukewarm at best. I had my personal problems with it (not enough not to watch the final 6 episodes if they were ever released).

If it is done I will put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the person who decided on the lack of melanin in the creative process. Baz luhrman and hip hop was always going to be a strange mixture. Lol at they captured the essence of hip hop culture though

Ps not sure I am feeling this new Netflix which cancels shows now yet still won't release the metric they are gauging these shows off of
Nelson George was the head writer, Grand Master Flash and Kool Herc were consultants. And Nas was also an executive Producer with Baz. Still not enough melanin?