The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Took almost a week to get through the 1st episode.
Hot.
Garbage.
Ima try to get through a couple more episodes, but the lack of jive talk and the college-grade proper English mainly kills the authenticity for me
Characters talk like they from the late-2000s burbs.

Edit: this shyt was directed by an Australian?!? No wonder it sucked...

Last edited:

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
10 minutes into the first episode and I'm not sure I can do this :yeshrug: I know it's two different eras but I think Paid In Full did a better job at recreating a gone era of NYC :francis: As a nikka who wrote graf, that first scene at the writer's bench made me cringe:huhldup:Jaden Smith walking around the Bronx sounding like a cac from Malibu :why:Everyone on here is looking mad happy and fadable :snoop: This is the supposed to be the Bronx in the 70's, ish was NOT sweet:pacspit:Mess around and catch a slug from a zip gun or a beercan bazooka:leon:

I second the motion for a 90's based series. Wild Puerto Ricans with razor blades riding around in Geo Trackers playing K7 mad loud, Bloods on the block fresh outta Rikers, nikkas writing graf on the Manhattan Bridge :blessed:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ursula-Lady-Gaga.jpg

tgd-fat-annie.jpg
she is basically the Luke Cage villain "Black Mariah" look it up BBW lady crime boss

images
images
images

695447-blackmariahcage1.jpg
1141998-mariah_732220.jpg
images
latest

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This show is good. I'm on episode 5. Mylene is such an annoying selfish bytch though. Hope she gets offed or gets a drug habit and dies or some shyt. Her friends are badder anyways specially that chocolate broad.

Only thing annoying enuff to make me say sum bullshyt like that,,is the fact she aint pulled them titis out yet....She always got them thighs out like she dont know what it is though:pachaha:

I actually gave it a second chance and it got better,not great but okay...think im on like the 4th episode,i think ol boy Shaolin gon fukk Mylene by the time the season is over....i respect the Zeke dudes hard on hos stance,but he mighta kept it going a lil too long:mjcry:...and the mama a ho too it looks like,always gotta be the women of the church,damn:snoop:

Smh at nikkas expecting some gritty NY drama,nikka this aint supposed to be The Wire:dahell:

This is more in the vein of a play/musical without as much music.