The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Damn this shyt is trash. They should make a film about mid 90's South BX, when the UBN first hit the city. That era after the origins is easily the most influential in NYC Hip-Hop history. But this garbage right here is horrible, only accurate thing is the ricans talking that struggle spanish.
:russ::russ::russ:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
no wonder why this shyt feel fufu, some Australian cac made this

stay eating off the culture like bosses :wow:
a cac made public enemy and NWA too what I don't understand is Shawn ryan/nasir Jones exec credits. And how you can have grandmaster flash and kurtis blow on your payroll and this is what we get?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
a cac made public enemy and NWA too what I don't understand is Shawn ryan/nasir Jones exec credits. And how you can have grandmaster flash and kurtis blow on your payroll and this is what we get?
they most likely already had the vision and package but just need some authentic co-sign with the finish work. i just feel like its just white characters in black faces black film lane, its the same old same old but repackaged in black , need to be more organic .. need a “black” perspective.

NWA Dre & Cube was already cool with F. Gary when making SOC. Pubic Enemy

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I still haven't watched this. I can't get past the first few minutes of the first episode

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
they most likely already had the vision and package but just need some authentic co-sign with the finish work. i just feel like its just white characters in black faces black film lane, its the same old same old but repackaged in black , need to be more organic .. need a “black” perspective.

NWA Dre & Cube was already cool with F. Gary when making SOC. Pubic Enemy
was talking about as a group not straight outta compton

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I didn't care for it much. Luhrman's style is weird and hard to get into and episodes dragged on but there's potential. Good to see Kevin Corrigan still getting odd ball roles.

Plus Books annoyed the f*ck outta me.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
all tree uh dem
full

:russ: Beat me to it