The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just finished it Sun, I wouldn't call it dope in fact sometimes the 60 mins felt arduous but I was entertained for the most part and there were some good aspects. Like Shameik Moore, shaolin fantastic and his whole arc was the best aspect of the kids crew.If this dude doesn't turn into a star it will be a travesty. Jimmy smits's character/arc (sans myleene) no matter how hammy was another aspect of the series that was largely entertaining.

Was disappointed in skylan brooks he was so good in the inevitable defeat of mister & Pete but here he's shyt. And lol at how intricate his flow was, even the most illiterate music historian would know flows and rhymes were basic in those days like a nursery song.

I knew jaden's character was priming us for some Sodom Gomorrah filth I just knew something wasn't right there. Funny it seems the Smith family have come full circle that was his 6 degrees of moment

Was not really a fan of the lead but it wasn't enough to hurt the show I also got to :salute:all the unknown talent getting their shot but I feel like I was sold down the river. Show is more of a human story about struggle, hip hop is just a side dish

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I know cats in here are simping Mylene but man... to me the girl I'm jonesing on is Mylene friend Regina played by (Shyrley Rodriguez)

tgd-yolanda-regina.jpg
She bad, want her to put some ice on my balls :noah:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Can't wait for part 2

Wonder if he Rawed Mylene?:jbhmm:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Damn this shyt is trash. They should make a film about mid 90's South BX, when the UBN first hit the city. That era after the origins is easily the most influential in NYC Hip-Hop history. But this garbage right here is horrible, only accurate thing is the ricans talking that struggle spanish.