The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Shao sees this as his only way out.. Going by what Flash said and his reaction to the fire I think he lost his family in a fire. I mean he was living in an abandoned building like they did for Ramon in Beat Street.. he had nothing this is all he got..
I think his hate for Mylene comes from him thinking Books gonna get played... like he been getting played... Books on his Tom and Jerry "Is you is or is you aint my baby" and her mouth says no but her brain and heart and body language says yes...Shao shes she aint shyt (maybe from his moms, the club, or annie or the hooker he routinely sees from OJ) but he doesn't trust her..

And honestly she is too wishy washy .... She flat out told Books he was a road block to her dreams .... but then she in turn wants to be a block in his..
shyt she don't even know it was Books and his crew (well the free spirited one anyway) that got her record popping cause Homie (the gay DJ) already said no based off Leslie...

the lesson we learn from Jackie ... be careful what you do to others and don't burn bridges... BTW.. it wasn't 100% clear to me.. but did leslie have a dikk and she made Jakie suck..

You are 100% on point.

And no Leslie is a real woman. He just ate the box

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You are 100% on point.

And no Leslie is a real woman. He just ate the box

OK.. I thought maybe she had a strap on or something.. I don't see eating the box as revenge. especially with her sticking fingers in his mouth and that black girl in the background and him saying he was raped.
I just figured more had to be going on especially since the record pool was full of the gay DJs

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
this shyt is piff :wow:

regina :noah:

did someone say they wasnt breakin in the 70's? :ufdup:

i aint got to episode 6 yet...but i saw how jaden left the train after swappin blackbooks :scust:

that was me... I'm just saying I remember breakin being more 81/82/83 than '77 ... I always though the pop-locking (rerun) was '77... I don't thing I remember them breakin in the rapper's delight video..

the pop-locking was in 77 but to me (or my young mind at the time) I thought breakin came after.. Breakin evolved from lockin

I could be wrong.. but that's just how I remember what I was doing back in day

Last edited:

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
that was me... I'm just saying I remember breakin being more 81/82/83 than '77 ... I always though the pop-locking (rerun) was '77... I don't thing I remember them breakin in the rapper's delight video..

the pop-locking was in 77 but to me (or my young mind at the time) I thought breakin came after.. Breakin evolved from lockin

breakin was already old by 83, the movie flashdance brought it to the forefront and it blew up from there.

poppin/lockin came from the west coast/funk era

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
breakin was already old by 83, the movie flashdance brought it to the forefront and it blew up from there.

good look on the video .. like I said I'm going off memory and what I remember seeing from my young eyes.. I didn't start breaking my neck and fighting for card board boxes until '81, 82..

to me breakin was backspins, windmills and headspins... everything else was poppin or uprocking

I'm from BK and around me most people was poppin ... there was the big borough divide back then too..

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

Nah, started in the early 70s, got really big right around the same time as the emergence of hip hop.

The movie Breakin came out in 84 too, T-K-O....turbo kelly ozone, where they wedged a white chick into it, so you know it had been around for some time if they were making movies with white saviors about it in 84. :russ:

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Shao sees this as his only way out.. Going by what Flash said and his reaction to the fire I think he lost his family in a fire. I mean he was living in an abandoned building like they did for Ramon in Beat Street.. he had nothing this is all he got..
I think his hate for Mylene comes from him thinking Books gonna get played... like he been getting played... Books on his Tom and Jerry "Is you is or is you aint my baby" and her mouth says no but her brain and heart and body language says yes...Shao shes she aint shyt (maybe from his moms, the club, or annie or the hooker he routinely sees from OJ) but he doesn't trust her..

And honestly she is too wishy washy .... She flat out told Books he was a road block to her dreams .... but then she in turn wants to be a block in his..
shyt she don't even know it was Books and his crew (well the free spirited one anyway) that got her record popping cause Homie (the gay DJ) already said no based off Leslie...

the lesson we learn from Jackie ... be careful what you do to others and don't burn bridges... BTW.. it wasn't 100% clear to me.. but did leslie have a dikk and she made Jakie suck..
I agree with all that. Just another thing I noticed about Shao and Mylene, they are so much alike despite being almost completely opposite.

They want to make it big doing the music they love and they both need Zeke to do that. Classic tug-a-war that neither will win.
Mylene and Zeke break up and Shao prolly dies :mjcry:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I agree with all that. Just another thing I noticed about Shao and Mylene, they are so much alike despite being almost completely opposite.

They want to make it big doing the music they love and they both need Zeke to do that. Classic tug-a-war that neither will win.
Mylene and Zeke break up and Shao prolly dies :mjcry:

going by the concert in '96 and tone and some of the lyrics Nas .. I mean Books was saying ..
I think somebody is dead.. or they had a bad break up and finally reunited..

in this tug-a-war ... books chooses books

I was so hoping Books would've written Mylene's song ...

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
I wonder why Shaolin hates Mylene so much. It has to be more than when he saw her play him first hand.
Yall catch the scene where she's riding with her uncle and her friend.. she's explaining how Zeke is a good kid and is getting bad influences from Shao who she called a "cafre" and needs her uncle to get Zeke away from his friends.:mjpls:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Cp566-XXYBwF21M.jpg
LMFAO. I thought the same god damn thing breh but I'm from kentucky so I just thought it was me :russ:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yall catch the scene where she's riding with her uncle and her friend.. she's explaining how Zeke is a good kid and is getting bad influences from Shao who she called a "cafre" and needs her uncle to get Zeke away from his friends.:mjpls:

cause she got 2 parents and doing good in school and has dreams .. she think she above Shao case he from the streets...

now that I think about it Books and Shao are the same person ... Zeke grew up with his aunt while Shao learned in the streets..
Its like batman man and damn .. I forgot my analogy..
Oh.. Flash and Zoom

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude professed his love for her and she told him he was gonna stop her from being successful, then the next time she sees him, she asks if he can play piano on the demo:dahell: then asks if he can come out to meet the producer :dahell:

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
cause she got 2 parents and doing good in school and has dreams .. she think she above Shao case he from the streets...

now that I think about it Books and Shao are the same person ... Zeke grew up with his aunt while Shao learned in the streets..
Its like batman man and damn .. I forgot my analogy..
Oh.. Flash and Zoom
Yea I see that but it's funny how they show this scene when shes not with her black other girlfriend , kinda like they're free to talk so the scene is still :mjpls:.
Still a good show tho Netflix tripping with this split season shyt:beli: