The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
You sure about this.. Netflix has been on a constant rising wave for years now. I never heard about no "all types of financial problems" a few years ago. Now their stock might dip here and there on occasion but they're straight.. been straight since day one. Plus they're adding new countries every other month seems like.

Maybe not financial problems ( and honestly I'm too lazy to look it up right now ) but I remember the huge backlash with Qwikster.

Netflix's lost year: The inside story of the price-hike train wreck

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/25/t...bers-with-price-rise-and-split-plan.html?_r=0

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Spoonbread is closed on Lenox and 138th. It's like a fake Dallas BBQs now. Is there another one? Melbas is cool, I like red rooster better. But yeah it deserves a mention. Mannas the buffet spot? I'm not a huge fan. It is OK but I wouldn't recommend it tho. Harlem!
when I lived in the Bx i used to hit up Hot Pot all the time on Frederick Douglass just looked it up and see its closed :to:

Get ya bobby womack on its 110 n columbus

Family Man

Banned
Daps
putting 2 and 2 together I say Mylene is his... He said some things during the blackout that lead me to think he hit it before the brother or during .. and then the argument where he exposed the brother .. and then the end ..

said he sacrificed a lot for his family. said the girl of his dreams was stubborn .. said he slept alone since 1960 ... they all juniors or seniors in HS so Mylene would be 16/17 in 1977 ... do the math from 1960 .. the fact he grabbed her leg at the dinner table and the end she was like we shouldn't be doing this.....
he's only going ALL out for Mylene cause that is hid daughter.. they got 2 kids.. Tio aint going gung ho for the other its only Mylene..... 1960 was probably when the brother got home from jail and papa fuente stopped hitting Lydia.. she turned up pregnant.. said it was the newley reformed preacher man but deep done she knows its not. They promised not to tell and he stopped fukking with her for family sake..
Damn. bytches ain't shyt.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I wonder why Shaolin hates Mylene so much. It has to be more than when he saw her play him first hand.

Hes jus lookin out for his boy, he knows mylene gon fukk up their dreams

IDK maybe because he sees mylene fukking with his plans?!!? :yeshrug: or maybe he jealous???

Could be both

His consistent p*ssy is an old fat woman

Shao sees this as his only way out.. Going by what Flash said and his reaction to the fire I think he lost his family in a fire. I mean he was living in an abandoned building like they did for Ramon in Beat Street.. he had nothing this is all he got..
I think his hate for Mylene comes from him thinking Books gonna get played... like he been getting played... Books on his Tom and Jerry "Is you is or is you aint my baby" and her mouth says no but her brain and heart and body language says yes...Shao shes she aint shyt (maybe from his moms, the club, or annie or the hooker he routinely sees from OJ) but he doesn't trust her..

And honestly she is too wishy washy .... She flat out told Books he was a road block to her dreams .... but then she in turn wants to be a block in his..
shyt she don't even know it was Books and his crew (well the free spirited one anyway) that got her record popping cause Homie (the gay DJ) already said no based off Leslie...

the lesson we learn from Jackie ... be careful what you do to others and don't burn bridges... BTW.. it wasn't 100% clear to me.. but did leslie have a dikk and she made Jakie suck..

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yoooo!!

I was like "who is this Jaden Smith lookin niqqa"

Then I had to Google it like "Noooooo!!!"

But I didn't hate him in this. That in and of itself was an amazing feat of media making.

I LOVE this show. Gonna save it for my lady so I can't watch ep 2 yet, but I am ready. I won't even mind watching ep 1 again.

luckily jaden is only a supporting character and not the lead actor. he's not that bad. still, not sure why they had to make him go the :wrist: route tho.