The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy legs complaining lack of Latino representatives .

Main character..half Latino
Main chick ..Latino..
One of her best friend.. Latino..
Dude running the underground city development...Latino...

I guess the real problem.
Lack of white Hispanics...
:dwillhuh:

:mjlol:

Like people have said, there's no white savior so people are upset.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just finished and I loved it :blessed:

I probably have more of an emotional attachment because I grew up in NYC in the 80's. Everyone knows about the graffiti on the train but inside the cars were completely covered in it. Little details like that hit me. In grammar school we all had Pilot markers and black books and practiced writing tags even though Ed Koch was hell bent on shutting down graf. Every kid was writing, practicing B-boying, writing rhymes, or trying to get DJ equipment. Hip hop was life then:wow:

The families eating together reminded me of living in the projects and going upstairs to break bread with the Afro Columbians or downstairs to eat with the Puerto Ricans:feedme:. There was a lot more black & brown unity then there is today.

There were some great performances all around. Jimmy Smits was incredible. Giancarlo Esposito and him going at it:wow:. Mylene:takedat:. Mrs. Cruz looked like a Rican Claire Huxtable:ohlawd:. The whole crew at Les Inferno, especially Cadillac, did their thing. Shaolin Fantastic:myman:. The cast seemed to really be 100% into it.

There's a lot more I could get into but watching this and Stranger Things got me missing my childhood:mjcry:

8/10

Daps
Watched episode 1 last night, it was cool, different, I like where this is going.

Kinda crazy I heard nothing about this prior to it being dropped.