The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
Dude professed his love for her and she told him he was gonna stop her from being successful, then the next time she sees him, she asks if he can play piano on the demo:dahell: then asks if he can come out to meet the producer :dahell:

Books should've dropped her. How u gonna sneak into a club play your crush favorite song, save her from a shootout then get the friend zoned :stopitslime:. He finally gives up on her and on the next sign of her showing any interests he's back to his old ways looking like :gladbron:even when he realized she was using him for her church performance to impress a producer.. :snoop:smh ..
Besides he should've messed with Ra's sister :shaq:

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
But the the black girlfriend has both of her parents at home, they run like 2-3 stores and the family seem to be happy as fukk.
Yea I know I'm just saying it was slick.. even though she went out of her way to party with people who might be considered "cafre"

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I know I'm just saying it was slick.. even though she went out of her way to party with people who might be considered "cafre"
Eh, but Shao was literally, living in an abandoned building that was lucky enough to still have running water, she showed up to his place in the 2nd or 3rd episode.

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
Eh, but Shao was literally, living in an abandoned building that was lucky enough to still have running water, she showed up to his place in the 2nd or 3rd episode.
Lmao yea but still she hated that dude from the Jump even though he was part of the incrowd she needed to get noticed.. plus the "cafre" comment wasn't cuz of his living conditions. Cuz he's a black guy that interferes with her plans and has a huge influence on Zeke/Books. And you remember when they were at the new music spot when they used her song to scratch and Shao said he's not using the "wackness" part she got mad and was saying to her friends "those little nikkas don't kno music"

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Yall catch the scene where she's riding with her uncle and her friend.. she's explaining how Zeke is a good kid and is getting bad influences from Shao who she called a "cafre" and needs her uncle to get Zeke away from his friends.:mjpls:

But he is low class :dwillhuh:

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
But he is low class :dwillhuh:
what makes her highclass tho?:comeon: she got a uncle whos shady af, she sneaks into grown folks clubs and basically put on a lowkey strip show in church . plus Cafre in that scene meant lowclass/nikka:mjpls: :martin:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
3 eps in and I'm not feeling this
I'm 3 eps in also but I'm going to stick it out. Its pretty good, nothing special. Is it me or is this show more like a musical stage play.. not to mention its on the corny side. If it had a more serious tone to it and tame some of the more outlandish characters a bit I could get into it more

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm 3 eps in also but I'm going to stick it out. Its pretty good, nothing special. Is it me or is this show more like a musical stage play.. not to mention its on the corny side. If it had a more serious tone to it and tame some of the more outlandish characters a bit I could get into it more
Yeah it comes off like a hood Glee at times, but then someone will do or say something really fukked up and take it to Rated R levels. The tone is very inconsistent.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
My homie said it reminds him of empire....I've never watched that gay corny shyt so I don't know

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm seeing mixed impressions.

Can someone give me an idea of the tone/direction/plotting of the show? Or just compare it to existing shows? Is it Empire meets Vinyl, more or less? Completely different than that?

Trying to decide if I'm going to watch it this weekend or one of the other shows on my to-watch list.:patrice:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm seeing mixed impressions.

Can someone give me an idea of the tone/direction/plotting of the show? Or just compare it to existing shows? Is it Empire meets Vinyl, more or less? Completely different than that?

Trying to decide if I'm going to watch it this weekend or one of the other shows on my to-watch list.:patrice:
It's right in the middle of those two shows with theatrical like visuals.