The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I think the special effects are cheap. its just the sheer number of sets they gotta build to replicate the 70's cost a grip. I'm seeing a lot of scenes that take place outside.
The effects are cheap ?? The sets , music rights , special effects and costumes are super expensive. Just cause no one flying or blowing shyt don't make it cheap. Those building burning alone cost them a grip.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder why Shaolin hates Mylene so much. It has to be more than when he saw her play him first hand.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The effects are cheap ?? The sets , music rights , special effects and costumes are super expensive. Just cause no one flying or blowing shyt don't make it cheap. Those building burning alone cost them a grip.

I didn't say the effects are cheap. I said that CGI effects are cheaper to produce than having to build elaborate period sets. thats all. and on this show, they did a combination of both.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Yoooo!!

I was like "who is this Jaden Smith lookin niqqa"

Then I had to Google it like "Noooooo!!!"

But I didn't hate him in this. That in and of itself was an amazing feat of media making.

I LOVE this show. Gonna save it for my lady so I can't watch ep 2 yet, but I am ready. I won't even mind watching ep 1 again.