The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Have we talked about why Zeke holds his pencil so fukking weirdly
Bruh, that shyt bothers me every time he writes something down. :stopitslime:

Mylene was looking right in that dress :whew:
Which one tho? :sas1:
Man fukk Mylene, that black girl with the lil gap got me feelin some type of way :noah:

If she's 18 or older of course:sitdown:
She's 26 IIRC
-----------------
The first episode was all over the place. One minute you here, the next elsewhere. Who the hell edited this shyt??? :why: I'm glad they slowed it down, I understand you gotta make a first impession on the pliot, but damn Netflix wanted to make the get they $120M worth. :sas2:
Shao is my favorite character. I thought he was gonna off that edge, shyt looked almost too real. :mjcry:He called Zeke's girl, Mylene, a bytch multiple times, and in front of Zeke ruthlessly. :whew: Not to mention, he put Zeke in his place multiple times too. This fool fukking Fat Annie and Cadlliac feeling real salty about it. I give him props for swallowing that L tho. :manny:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Which is funny because a few years ago, Netflix was having all types of financial problems. I think them not cracking down on sharing user accounts really helped them out.
You sure about this.. Netflix has been on a constant rising wave for years now. I never heard about no "all types of financial problems" a few years ago. Now their stock might dip here and there on occasion but they're straight.. been straight since day one. Plus they're adding new countries every other month seems like.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They should've split it into 2

first episode was already almost 90 minutes... you wanted it to be another 90?
i think what hurt the "tone" was the fact it was 6 episodes.. because it was so short.. we expected a better start.. if it dropped as 12 or 13 episodes we probably wouldn't be complaining about the first episode as much

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
that is a TON of money for something that doesn't involve lots of special effects and CGI. I'm guessing daredevil and jessica jones cost less to produce than this.

there were hundreds paid union extras in some of the scenes not to mention the costumes and set designs. I appalud the effort, this is the once of the first black shows ive seen where they tried to cheap out.