The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
putting 2 and 2 together I say Mylene is his... He said some ley things during the blackout that lead me to think he hit it before the brother or during .. and then the argument where he exposed the brother .. and then the end ..

said he sacrificed a lot for his family. said the girl of his dreams was stubborn .. said he slept alone since 1960 ... they all juniors or seniors in HS so Mylene would be 16/17 in 1977 ... the fact he grabbed her leg at the dinner table and the end she was like we shouldn't be doing this.....
he's only going ALL out for Mylene cause that is hid daughter.. they got 2 kids.. Tio aint going gung ho for the other its only Mylene..... 1960 was probably when the brother got home from jail and papa fuente stopped hitting Lydia.. she turned up pregnant.. said it was the newley reformed preacher man but deep done she knows its not. They promised not to tell and he stopped fukking with her for family sake..
One of the last scenes of the final episode, while talking to her mom, he called Mylene "our girl"

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
One of the last scenes of the final episode, while talking to her mom, he called Mylene "our girl"

of course it can be taken 2 ways..
our girl as in the family.. from the Bronx.. our community, etc..
the other way is what I think and said in the spoilers

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
man netflix must have spent a FORTUNE on this series given the high production value of the show.

Which is funny because a few years ago, Netflix was having all types of financial problems. I think them not cracking down on sharing user accounts really helped them out.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
this shyt is full of effects... that 70s feel costs money.. let alone digging up those old video clubs, paying for them, and also making them blend seamlessly into the show.. I was around during that time .. although young I remember some and the early 80s moreso .. a lot of that footage in the clubs and commercials and tv and just neighborhood shots was real actual footage from back then .. although I do believe more early 80s than late 70s..
that breakdancing wasn't late 70s .. but its cool

I think the special effects are cheap. its just the sheer number of sets they gotta build to replicate the 70's cost a grip. I'm seeing a lot of scenes that take place outside.