The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boo Boo with the MJ harmonies!:banderas:

When he started singing the love you save and had everyone like:dwillhuh::whoo::whew::ooh::ohlawd:

fakkit ass Jaden Smith man. I can't stand that fukk nikka. :scust:

Watch that nikka get that house in Virginia. How you got a fine ass bytch right there and you choosing the next man?:ld:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man netflix must have spent a FORTUNE on this series given the high production value of the show.
120M :wow:

It's been in production for two and a half years, bunch of delays, changes in the show runners. That's why Netflix and Sony said fukk it, we're splitting this shyt up, just so we can get something out there

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
120M :wow:

It's been in production for two and a half years, bunch of delays, changes in the show runners. That's why Netflix and Sony said fukk it, we're splitting this shyt up, just so we can get something out there

that is a TON of money for something that doesn't involve lots of special effects and CGI. I'm guessing daredevil and jessica jones cost less to produce than this.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
that is a TON of money for something that doesn't involve lots of special effects and CGI. I'm guessing daredevil and jessica jones cost less to produce than this.

this shyt is full of effects... that 70s feel costs money.. let alone digging up those old video clubs, paying for them, and also making them blend seamlessly into the show.. I was around during that time .. although young I remember some and the early 80s moreso .. a lot of that footage in the clubs and commercials and tv and just neighborhood shots was real actual footage from back then .. although I do believe more early 80s than late 70s..
that breakdancing wasn't late 70s .. but its cool

Last edited:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Papa Fuerte' planted them seeds in mom head a while before they started having the affair "I got a woman :shaq::win:"

I think he hit that/ was hitting that back in the day and Mylene is his daughter. Moms chose the preacher brother for whatever reason. He said something to her during the blackout to the effect of "haven't I kept my mouth shut all these years?"

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think he hit that/ was hitting that back in the day and Mylene is his daughter. Moms chose the preacher brother for whatever reason. He said something to her during the blackout to the effect of "haven't I kept my mouth shut all these years?"

putting 2 and 2 together I say Mylene is his... He said some things during the blackout that lead me to think he hit it before the brother or during .. and then the argument where he exposed the brother .. and then the end ..

said he sacrificed a lot for his family. said the girl of his dreams was stubborn .. said he slept alone since 1960 ... they all juniors or seniors in HS so Mylene would be 16/17 in 1977 ... do the math from 1960 .. the fact he grabbed her leg at the dinner table and the end she was like we shouldn't be doing this.....
he's only going ALL out for Mylene cause that is hid daughter.. they got 2 kids.. Tio aint going gung ho for the other its only Mylene..... 1960 was probably when the brother got home from jail and papa fuente stopped hitting Lydia.. she turned up pregnant.. said it was the newley reformed preacher man but deep done she knows its not. They promised not to tell and he stopped fukking with her for family sake..

Last edited: