The General Mills Chronicles.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
We were supposed to break down the Diesel and put it back together. My partner broke it down. I was putting it back. . I placed the head on the diesel and stepped back. .

I did it! I think. :ld: The teacher is now making his rounds. Going to each team and having them fire up the diesel and listening to it run. . We were last. I was mad uncomfortable. . :skip: BUT. . It looked like the other Diesels. I had only 4 or 5 parts left over. . . . :snoop:

Teacher comes up to us. As he is getting ready to turn it on. . I have already faded to black. . I dipped behind them about 5 paces and had my body twisted to run in case this all went south. . He flicks the ignition. . NOTHING!!

I was so relieved brehs! WHEW! :whew: But then he said. . OOPS! And he flipped another switch then I heard the engine coughing to life. . . Then I heard a WOOOOSHHHHHHHH

:mindblown: all parts came out, all parts need to go back in :russ:

:deadmanny:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
SOOOOO This is the day of the inspection. I decide to just chill in the barracks. I had nothing going on.

I go down to the lil rec room to play Mortal Kombat when I walk past the front lobby and nikkas are having a discussion. Now the lobby of the barracks was set up like a ships quarterdeck. There was a podium and there was always two guys on "watch" Anybody who came in they would ask them to show their id. If it was an officer they would also salute them. :salute:

They two guys on watch today were really nervous. The Admiral was coming by the barracks and they would have to greet him when he comes in. :mjpls: They were brand new out of bootcamp and they had no idea if the Admiral needed some kind of special protocol.

As I was breezing thru one of the nikkas stopped me.

Navy nikka - Hey General! I need help breh! :sad:

Me - Whats up my nikka. :win:

Navy nikka - Aiyo. The Admiral is coming by. . .How do I look? :sadcam:

Me - Put another layer of shine on them boots nikka. Do what I do. Heat up the polish with a lighter. Look at my boots. Liquid crack. :youngsabo:
280px-Bull_polished_drill_boots.JPG

Navy nikka - :wow: Also. . How should I greet him?

Me - ( Now I am totally joking right here. I was saying this part with a sarcastic tone and I was laughing the whole time so I assumed he knew it was a joke. )

Ok. . He is a 4 star Admiral right? Now with Four Stars you have to give a Quadruple salute. :youngsabo:

Navy nikka - Word?:ohhh:

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Navy nikka - Quadruple salute? :blink:

Me - OMG breh! Nobody told you? Do you even know about the Double salute???? :damn:

Navy nikka - NOOOOO :sadbron: Help me. :(

Me - Look. :lolbron: For every star you give one salute. For a Two Star Admiral you give a Double salute. Which is a salute with both hands. Like this.
AD201010707099894AR.jpg

A Quadruple salute. Or as it is know. . A Quattro Salute. . You do a double salute twice. . . :troll:

Navy nikka - :whew: I am so glad I ran into you! THANK YOU!

There were other nikkas in the lobby too and they were :gladbron: I then dipped and went and got my ass whipped in some Mortal Kombat. :to: I actually forgot all about that convo until about two hours later. . . It came back up. .

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I just got done getting my food ate in old school MK.

BADASS.gif

I decided to head back to my room. I had some snacks in the room on deck and Raw was coming on tonight. I decided to pass thru the lobby to holla at the nikkas on watch. . As I step in I see the man coming thru the front door.

tumblr_ls1qvvCrvy1qzbwkjo1_500.jpg

I freeze in the doorway. . . I see the my homie step forward. . . And pop off the crispiest Double Salute known to man.

article_S_Double_Salute.jpg

:no: AW shyt. :skip:

The Admiral was getting ready to breeze past him. . He stopped. . Backed up and was

david-robinson.jpg

Admiral - Hey sailor! What was that? :beli:

Navy nikka - Sir! It was a Double Salute! SIR! I apologize Admiral. .:yeshrug: Then he resets and pops off a QUADRUPLE SALUTE. . .

Me in the background behind the door. - :noah: :snoop: