The Gang Can't Get Canceled (Culture): Season 16 of Always Sunny in Philadelphia

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I feel like this season is paying homage to earlier seasons like S3-S5 with the fukkery. It has a real old school vibe to it.

Maureen coming back as a black cat to curse Dennis because he wouldn't bury her in a pet cemetery :dead:

Everyone just assuming he killed her for her ashes to serve as his trophy :pachaha: :mjlol:

Dope seeing Danny's wife make a cameo. All of their wives have been characters now :ehh:

Danny/Rhea Perlman's daughter was also in the show back in like S2. She was the waitress at Guigino's that he was creeping on while on the date with that old lady after divorcing Dennis/Dee's mom.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
You all listen to their podcast too? It's a great listen. They go back and talk about old episodes, their writing process, what happened on set that they remember and talking about some of the minor characters/actors in detail.

Glenn Howerton getting annoyed by little things like Dennis is also hilarious :russ:
Glenn seems the most like his character minus the rapeyness (though Glenn is partially playing it up lmao. He'll say "I'm nothing like my character" and immediately follow it up with a Dennis-like outburst :lolbron:). Rob is prolly closer to early season mac before they really started ramping up the closet homo antics.
I feel like this season is paying homage to earlier seasons like S3-S5 with the fukkery. It has a real old school vibe to it.

Danny/Rhea Perlman's daughter was also in the show back in like S2. She was the waitress at Guigino's that he was creeping on while on the date with that old lady after divorcing Dennis/Dee's mom.
I think doing the podcast made them rediscover the magic

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Glenn seems the most like his character minus the rapeyness (though Glenn is partially playing it up lmao. He'll say "I'm nothing like my character" and immediately follow it up with a Dennis-like outburst :lolbron:). Rob is prolly closer to early season mac before they really started ramping up the closet homo antics.

Someone asked the question on the podcast, and just listen to their response saying Glenn is the closest to Dennis :mjlol:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It’s given them time to reflect on what made some of those earlier seasons after 1-3 absolute magic. The podcasts give insight to who was writing/directing those episodes. Fred Savage had some definite classics but a writing team they had just interviewed on a recent ep that’s two guys named Marder and Rosell really gave the show its stride. Those two alone invented so many comedic devices that have given the show cult status.

And one of their dad’s back stories have been turned into Frank stories

Last edited:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, I was thinking that too. A ton of references to prior seasons/episodes. I hope they keep that vibe throughout the season.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
The D.E.N.N.I.S. System lives :blessed:

PXL-20230622-045512581-MP.jpg

Mixed with a little bit of Charlie Goes America All Over Everybody's Ass, Being Frank, Old Lady House, The Gang Group Dates, The Gang Goes to Hell, Ass Kickers United and The Gang Gets Trapped. It's The Gang Recycles Their Trash: Part Two. :wow:

Uncle Jack with the spy equipment and the ice cream truck for his "side business" that doesn't have ice cream. :sitdown:

:dead:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn…I’m have to get hulu…I thought it was over for this show…didn’t really like the season in ireland…but it sounds like this season is funny

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I still think the first two episodes were garbage but they picked it up big time in 3&4. Felt like old school sunny again

Uncle jack riding around in an ice cream truck with no ice cream. Charlie and Frank being disgusted but not even surprised:dead:

Uncle jack taking snapshots of the kid at the chess game :deadrose: