The Gang Can't Get Canceled (Culture): Season 16 of Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seasons off to a better start than last years. Hopefully they keep it up. The Kardashian binder was classic sunny.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Sunny will forever be 2nd GOAT behind Seinfeld but it’s time to wrap it up. Show feels super cringey now. The comedy is way too forced. Nothing is nuanced. The dialogue is what made the show so great and now they rely mainly on cheap gags. Dee gluing herself to everything. Mac's whole head swelling up from eating nuts:comeon:

When dude they all become so dumb?.....it's like they're all complete buffoons now. Just doing retarded shyt for no reason. They lost the touch. But it makes sense if you watched the podcast. They regret a lot of the earlier episodes. Even saying it was hard for them to watch the "Dee is dating a retarded person" episode:childplease:......they're all in Hollywood now so they gotta play it safe or possibly get cancelled. But it is what it is. They gave us some great years. But they need to close this shyt out next season. Go out with a bang.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Second episode had me dying. Mac & Charlie's moms are so hilarious to me. I'm actually rewatching the series in parallel and they finally circled back to Charlie having sisters :russ:

Mac's utter disgust at his gay relatives while also being gay will always be funny too :mjlol:
The fact that uncle Donald McDonald ( :dead: :mjlol: ) is basically asking to be the father Mac never had and has always wanted only for him to give him the :dame::hubie:at his advances was great.

Charlie's twin sisters being rich off ASMR and using the family's teeth :pachaha:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Mac is so fukking gross in ep 1 :laff:

I probably only seen like the first 4 seasons of this show over a decade ago, someday i'll watch the rest. :ld:

They got BANGERS throughout each season lol, maybe 10/11 and up, fewer and further between but if you like the show, you like the show.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It's dumb and immature, but it makes me laugh with the character development over the years. They push the limits and some of the early stuff would probably not make it on tv now.

It's funny because while it is dumb and immature, it's actually a very smart show in the same breath, moreso than Curb even when you zoom out.

Because if you're just dikking around there's plenty of surface level gags to keep you entertained but like you said, the character development mirrors the writers/actors and serves as a vehichle for them to actually express what they think about certain topics.

Last edited:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
It's funny because while it is dumb and immature, it's actually a very smart show in the same breath, moreso than Curb even when you zoom out.

Because if you're just dikking around there's plenty of surface level gags to keep you entertained but like you said, the character development mirrors the writers/actors and serves as a vehichle for them to actually express what they think about certain topics.

Off the top they've done episodes on

Gun control
Abortion
Homeless
Addiction
Depression
LGBTQ+ Acceptance
Mental Illness
Welfare
Racism

Even with all the crazy over the top there usually is a message in the episode.