The Galaxy Note series has become pointless

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Still rocking the Galaxy Note 9. No sense upgrading now, although it did stop vibrating when I get text messages. Not sure how to fix that though. Had to download an app where my light goes off when I get a text.
You aren't missing much. Hole punch camera for more screen and under the glass fingerprint scanner on the 20 and above you get the 120hz display and more cameras. Nothing game changing but nice comforts. I still was more satisfied with the 10+ than I am with the 20 Ultra. I haven't put my sim card back in that 20 Ultra since the iPhone 12 came out but I still use the 20 Ultra every day as a small tablet in bed and a remote for my smart home devices.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
No expandable storage on any S21? I'm out. Won't even consider the Note 21 if that's the case.

It's an easy pass. How is this considered an upgrade especially with this being the flagship model? Downgrade to 1080, no headphone jack and no expandable storage (my music and images are on my Micro SD). At least they didn't take away being able to make phone calls smh.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's an easy pass. How is this considered an upgrade especially with this being the flagship model? Downgrade to 1080, no headphone jack and no expandable storage (my music and images are on my Micro SD). At least they didn't take away being able to make phone calls smh.
It also has a gimped Samsung Pay that lacks MST so it's NFC only. Definitely not getting it now. I live in the US and a lot of places block NFC.

The Galaxy S21 doesn’t support Samsung Pay’s most convenient feature

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
phone manufacturers are about to do away with both of these very soon.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So what's the incentive to upgrading your device?
I've gotten used to using the iPhone as my daily driver. One of the biggest draws to using Android was Samsung Pay with MST so I could leave my credit cards at home. With MST officially being dead on all Samsung phones going forward and no expandable storage on many flagship Android phones I'll probably stick with the iPhone going forward and this Note20 Ultra could be my last Android phone for the foreseeable future.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Preordered the S21 Ultra today to replace my S10+, never saw the appeal of the Note phones
The Note phones have the S-Pen and usually have more and better features than the S line. I converted to the Note line after the 5 and don't really mess with the S line that much anymore.

That being said we've reached the stage in the game where Samsung is taking features away on the phones now. The no Micro SD slot is really messed up. They tried that on the S6 and it didn't go well.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
The Note phones have the S-Pen and usually have more and better features than the S line. I converted to the Note line after the 5 and don't really mess with the S line that much anymore.

That being said we've reached the stage in the game where Samsung is taking features away on the phones now. The no Micro SD slot is really messed up. They tried that on the S6 and it didn't go well.

Following Apple's lead no doubt, with that being said I haven't used a micro SD in probably 8 years and I was shocked for a minute that the S21 didn't have a headphone jack but then realized I haven't used wired headphones in 2 years, so at this point I'm like

:yeshrug:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
So the Note is canceled again?

Was never cancelled before it was always just rumors, the expectation is this time the Note is in fact done.

Next flagship announcement with a s-pen should be the Fold 3, it and new Z Flip will be announced in the Note's usual slot, late summer/fall.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Was never cancelled before it was always just rumors, the expectation is this time the Note is in fact done.

Next flagship announcement with a s-pen should be the Fold 3, it and new Z Flip will be announced in the Note's usual slot, late summer/fall.
I guess it doesn't matter. Now that the MST and Micro SD slot are gone I wasn't gonna get the new Note anyway. Makes sense to phase it out and switch the focus onto newer better tech like the folds. Next year they need to put the S-Pen slot in the S22.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I guess it doesn't matter. Now that the MST and Micro SD slot are gone I wasn't gonna get the new Note anyway. Makes sense to phase it out and switch the focus onto newer better tech like the folds. Next year they need to put the S-Pen slot in the S22.
I'm not getting that fukking s21 with no SD card slot..unlessthey practically give away to me. That's a downgrade...you know that.