The Galaxy Note series has become pointless

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I like the Galaxy Note and don't like the Galaxy S series. :yeshrug:

Won't go back to an S, so I'd prolly bush Samsung if the Note gets discontinued. Other Android phones do the same shyt as the S for less money.:ehh:

(Also have an iPhone as my burner, which I hate. :scust:)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I like the Galaxy Note and don't like the Galaxy S series. :yeshrug:

Won't go back to an S, so I'd prolly bush Samsung if the Note gets discontinued. Other Android phones do the same shyt as the S for less money.:ehh:

(Also have an iPhone as my burner, which I hate. :scust:)
Eventually there will just be the S line and the foldable phones. The main difference between the S and Note was the pen so if the S can use that then it's not a big deal. Seems like the S-Pen is intended to work on all their flagship level phones.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Eventually there will just be the S line and the foldable phones. The main difference between the S and Note was the pen so if the S can use that then it's not a big deal. Seems like the S-Pen is intended to work on all their flagship level phones.

Then I'll move on to another brand. :hhh:

Never liked the S so if they discontinue it I'll rock something else.

(FWIW I'm not a phone guy, so I wouldn't replace it that often anyways. :flabbynsick:)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
wasn't this the phone that was blowing up on airplanes :mjlol:
That's like 4 generations ago. The Note7. Loved that phone too. Hate to have to give it up.
Then I'll move on to another brand. :hhh:

Never liked the S so if they discontinue it I'll rock something else.

(FWIW I'm not a phone guy, so I wouldn't replace it that often anyways. :flabbynsick:)
If they can make the S-Pen work on the foldable I think thats better than the Note. I can't see myself using another Android phone without Samsung Pay until NFC is universal.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I feel the note has run its course. They should release the S device along with an "Ultra" which is a note, but under a different name

then release their foldable devices in the summer.

in the spring release the Galaxy S and S Ultra(bigger screen and an s pen)

But still.. imagine the fold with an s pen. Holy hell. Game changer.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Doing that and expecting fans to love the S eries and Fold stuff is a major risk that will lose money. Note users love the Note
If you give the S21 Ultra the S-Pen it's pratically a Note. The main difference is the boxy edges instead of the rounded ones and inserting the pen instead of having it on a case.

Samsung appears to be going all in on foldables so this does make sense. Roll the Note and S line into the same phone since they're almost that and make the new top end phone the foldable.

When the foldable gets the S-Pen it's a much larger canvas for users anyway. I'm betting in 3 years foldables will be the new normal. This is probably the last year we get a Note proper.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If you give the S21 Ultra the S-Pen it's pratically a Note. The main difference is the boxy edges instead of the rounded ones and inserting the pen instead of having it on a case.

Samsung appears to be going all in on foldables so this does make sense. Roll the Note and S line into the same phone since they're almost that and make the new top end phone the foldable.

When the foldable gets the S-Pen it's a much larger canvas for users anyway. I'm betting in 3 years foldables will be the new normal. This is probably the last year we get a Note proper.

I think you right. I'm going back to the Xperia line until the foldable note comes with a pen standard.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The Note line has been my phone since 2013 w/ the Note 3. The writing is on the wall though and the Note is definitely on its' way out. My boys wife has the fold and I'm actually digging it. I'll likely switch to that, and if they add an S Pen to it, all the better. Gonna be tough to let the Note go either way, but its served a huge purpose regardless and helped push innovation forward. I distinctly remember when the screen was mocked as a "Phablet." Nobody wanted a screen that big.

Times change. :sas1:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I got a Galaxy Tab. The pen is dope. Hoping these S21s show up on Google Fi so I can cop.

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
There is a new trend in the smartphone industry that many manufacturers may follow. This is releasing a smartphone without a charger which was started by Apple. After the iPhone 12 series, the Xiaomi Mi 11 series also comes without a charger. However, that will not be the only intentional omissions from smartphones. According to recent reports, the Samsung Galaxy S21 will not come with a micro SD card slot. In addition, some markets will include chargers , and other markets will not include chargers with their packaging.

https://www.gizchina.com/2021/01/02...rd-slot-some-markets-will-have-a-charger/amp/