The future is here: Apple announces AR/VR headset the Apple Vision Pro

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Which service allows for sideline view?

Your post sounds like amazing demo content but missing real life use cases outside of the Apple store
I dunno. They had this immersive demo app that showed it's capability. I saw a short clip of baseball and soccer where u are damn near on the field. It's a very cool premise

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Most of this shyt can be done on the Oculus 3 right? Can't you set up your house and all that with a clear visual and add screens and decorations?

You could do it in custom environments in Steam VR for years and I've set up some cold shyt in there, just not relevant to my house set up, though it's some type of feature like that on 2 but I'm sure not like the Apple shyt.

Can you do most this shyt on Oculus 3 since it offers the full area scan and real time visuals?
It's not like oculus cuz u cannot see out the Oculus as it's straight vr. On the apple, you see thru the headset using the front cameras as your eyes. That's why u can walk around wearing it and won't bump into things.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It's not like oculus cuz u cannot see out the Oculus as it's straight vr. On the apple, you see thru the headset using the front cameras as your eyes. That's why u can walk around wearing it and won't bump into things.
Oculus has the same

You’ve been able to see out of the oculus since Oculus 2.

Last edited:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Yea, I thought the Oculus could use the camera to display real life visuals too. I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, I'm sure the tech can take real time visuals and display them in VR.

I wonder if it's something they can add in the near future.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Oculus has the same

You’ve been able to see out of the oculus since Oculus 2.
Yes but they just now got color on the 3... and apples is a way high def and clarity.

There's nothing new in AR/VR eyeball tracking is in the psvr2.. AR has been out for years even on phones.. They are just getting better at it. But as long as you have to wear a helmet for hours, it's still not gonna take off

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yes but they just now got color on the 3... and apples is a way high def and clarity.

There's nothing new in AR/VR eyeball tracking is in the psvr2.. AR has been out for years even on phones.. They are just getting better at it. But as long as you have to wear a helmet for hours, it's still not gonna take off
It is

But is it worth 3.5k?

Im aware this is nothing new, I had the PSVR as well. To say its heavier even without the battery inatalled tells me this will not take off.

The tech will improve, but for now this aint gonna be it

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It is

But is it worth 3.5k?

Im aware this is nothing new, I had the PSVR as well. To say its heavier even without the battery inatalled tells me this will not take off.

The tech will improve, but for now this aint gonna be it
Take off? Nah.. VR is a niche market.. I'd say 70% of oculus are collecting dust and as a matter of fact, oculus says about the same. People love it for a while then it collects dust like every VR system ever

If we could even get a lightweight visor or glasses, then it's going to be OVER OVER

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Take off? Nah.. VR is a niche market.. I'd say 70% of oculus are collecting dust and as a matter of fact, oculus says about the same. People love it for a while then it collects dust like every VR system ever

If we could even get a lightweight visor or glasses, then it's going to be OVER OVER

yup i have a oculus 2 and a psvr2

both collect dust, at first you are wow and its amazing then you get to meh and why did i waste my money.

I only use my oculus for quick cardio workout

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO

They see something "Insane"... I see more data being obtained by a Tech Company to market me b.s. like a new pillow or sofa.

I also think... can't this be used in a subpoena? If so they now have the layout of my home and etc if I used this in the timeframe they seek.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

It’s almost 4000 dollars with tax, it’s just too much for a fun little thing to have around. The technology of VR/AR is just too costly for most people and the cheaper stuff on the market is just far less impressive.

If they could have got this somehow down to 999 it would probably be flying off shelves.

Spence

Superstar
Daps

It’s almost 4000 dollars with tax, it’s just too much for a fun little thing to have around. The technology of VR/AR is just too costly for most people and the cheaper stuff on the market is just far less impressive.

If they could have got this somehow down to 999 it would probably be flying off shelves.

Doesn’t help it’s broken, having to be tethered to the wall and it not being fully developed hurts badly. Also because Apple fkd over a lot of companies with the Apple Store there’s an active corporate revolt to not develop shyt for Apple on some revenge tip or something. Spotify & Netflix for sure are 2 companies I know that said they openly refuse to develop anything for Apples device.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

The fukk they expect?! :mjlol: Drop that shyt to like 300 or lower and I bet they fly off the shelves lol. The stuff you can do with it is not worth it to me. I’ll just use my phone or iPad :yeshrug: