Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Wild. People are already mobilizing for the 2nd round though. We always knew this could happen but now it seems way too real. I really do not want to see what France under an extreme-right regime looks like.

voters will have multiple choices in the 2nd round right ?

Vichy France wasn't that long ago? I fully expect concentration camps, extrajudicial killings, and mass expulsions if they're able to secure power.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

Vichy France wasn't that long ago? I fully expect concentration camps, extrajudicial killings, and mass expulsions if they're able to secure power.

Yeah they get to choose between the 2 that got the most votes in the first round.

Vichy was less than 100 years ago indeed...

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The left/center-left coalition has pledged to drop out and support the centrists for seats where they came in third. They are doing this to block the far-right.

Will the center reciprocate and drop out in order to support the left/center-left and block the fascists for seats where they came in third? For some reason, I doubt it.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The left/center-left coalition has pledged to drop out and support the centrists for seats where they came in third. They are doing this to block the far-right.

Will the center reciprocate and drop out in order to support the left/center-left and block the fascists for seats where they came in third? For some reason, I doubt it.
Tonight, at best, they gave half-assed support to the minor parties of the leftist coalition while maintaining their condemnation of its more radical main powerhouse.

And it makes sense since they spent the campaign trying to depict this major leftist block as antisemitic and radical Islamist, with the help of the rightwing media. How could they then endorse them? They can't go back on the propaganda and they stood on business tonight.

As they showed and said during the campaign, a leftist project is as dangerous to them, if not more, than a fascist far-right one.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Macron's Civil War comment might actually come true. It's most likely going to be a far right government or a far left coalition to keep the far right out. However, theFar left in France is as feared and contraversial:jbhmm:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Wild. People are already mobilizing for the 2nd round though. We always knew this could happen but now it seems way too real. I really do not want to see what France under an extreme-right regime looks like.

I feel for brehs and brehttes in France right now. How will the Caribbean departments fare?

Last edited:

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tonight, at best, they gave half-assed support to the minor parties of the leftist coalition while maintaining their condemnation of its more radical main powerhouse.

And it makes sense since they spent the campaign trying to depict this major leftist block as antisemitic and radical Islamist, with the help of the rightwing media. How could they then endorse them? They can't go back on the propaganda and they stood on business tonight.

As they showed and said during the campaign, a leftist project is as dangerous to them, if not more, than a fascist far-right one.

Yeah, you are right. They would not have campaigned against the left in such a way if they weren't prepared to enable the far right over them.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Indians were slanging corn amd water at all the tourist traps, the African brehs had the small eiffel tower trinket market cornered, Afghans and some other Arabs were pushing the cigarettes........ :russ:

Yea before I went I wanted to try amd go to Red Star Paris's club shop. Then I googled the area and saw it was in the "outside ring" of Paris. I read about how things are organized with the outside ring like you said. Saw some google map pics and could see that shyt was on some Banileau shyt and I hit the....:whoa:. . that trip gonna have to wait until I am more comfortable on the turf..:lolbron:
Nah, don't be too afraid of the banlieues (outside the Peripherique), there are some rough parts obviously but they are localized around the high rises estates (cité). Many towns are fine overall but do have one or a couple of cités because town are legally required to have at least 20% of housing estates. And not all of them are bad, some are simply just poorer than the town they are in .

Daps
Nah, don't be too afraid of the banlieues (outside the Peripherique), there are some rough parts obviously but they are localized around the high rises estates (cité). Many towns are fine overall but do have one or a couple of cités because town are legally required to have at least 20% of housing estates. And not all of them are bad, some are simply just poorer than the town they are in .
In truth I'm semi joking cause I was already explorimg that area at least nearby. I had walked up close to the outer ring and walked over to Rue Pajol and walking across back I was passing through some buildings. I don't rock jewellery anyways so the only thing of value I got on me is my phone. Plus I got a look where it is probably not in their interest to try me if they are looking for an easy lick. Regardless enjoyed the place, but gonna have to see what happens with this LePen front..... :francis:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
sounds like turnout was high at least

Yeah, I'm reading it's like 65% which is really high.

I do wonder how scary is the fact that with such a large turnout, the Far Right still leads like this @Liu Kang :feedme:
Yes, turn out was high which usually means the left fares better which happened. However, part of the youth is also right wing. Bardella is young (28) and the heir to Le Pen and has a real appeal to the under 25 who are on tiktok or twitch... Dude has 1.7m followers on tiktok

He obviously is inexperienced and fumbled several times in debates, however he does talk like he's 30+ and looks professional which made the RN more appealing overall.

That's one of the mistake LFI made 2 years ago compared to RN : they went to the parliament being too rowdy while RN looked proper and that started backfired so much that they toned it down this year but it was too late smh.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Come on man, let's not be too extra :lolbron:

First, they would need absolute majority at the parliament and that's not a given. Second, in the next presidential elections, they would still need 50+% in the runoff which is also not a given.

Right now, the floor for RN/far right is 30% and its ceiling is around 40%. They need to work on the remaining 10 and that's their hardest part.

If you add all that is right of Macron bloc, they total at 45% and on that right there are conservatives that would never align to the far right (the Gaullists who are around 5%).

So RN needs to work on a way to being less scary than LFI to moderate conservatives and even to centrists which is not at all easy for them.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I feel for brews and brunettes in France right now. How will the Caribbean departments fare?
Well... Overseas territories do vote RN :francis:

Because French overseas territories have higher standards of living than their neighbors (because it's technically "France"), they attract plenty of immigrants (legal or not) and therefore xenophobic sentiment is... strong.

Ask Guadeloupeans and Martinicans about Haitians, Dominicans or St Lucians... Ask Mayotteans about Comorrans and so on... You might hear some disturbing stuff.

Now the RN vote is also an anti-Macron/establishment vote but since 2019, that vote is slowly starting to be an ideological vote. And on top of that, the far right candidates are black !

EDIT : a good article in French where you can see charts at the end
Présidentielles, européennes... Pourquoi les territoires d'Outre-mer votent-ils de plus en plus pour l'extrême droite ? - Outre-mer la 1ère

2017 and is when there is a strong rise but 2019 is when it explodes