2306ba3d29a7ffe1df9592822bef352c6cea248a.gifv

Not only that but he stole Edge's camo gear :hhh:

6819518.jpg

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
copy/paste from Impact thread my thoughts on the Impact/AEW affiliation:

As for the crossover, AEW was already running a feud with their own talents with Kenny, so that has to take priority over RIch Swann/Impact, on their own TV program. Is is Impact afterall, you don't shut down all angles to pull this "crossover" off. They did bring in Gallows/Anderson for the Bullet Club tease, which was an attempt to make something cool come out of the affiliation. And it tied into the AEW storyline with Young Bucks.

Impact really punked themselves, they should have never allowed the Tony and Tony "commercial" skits, it ruins the whole angle and buries your own product on your own TV show. Khan didn't pay for those, that was part of the Impact broadcast and it was part of creative that all parties agreed to and planned from the rip. It also allowed Khan to practice/establish an on-screen character while not plaguing his own show with "Diddy all up in the video" criticism.

I mean "our champ will come down and make appearances and carry your belt for awhile" seems like a short term positive. It wasn't "our champ will get your belt and will parade it on our main tv show on TNT", but still a positive. They just didn't plan the storyline well, pick the players well (Rich Swann should not be your heavyweight champ), and probably bent more to AEW's wishes than they should have.

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
Good or bad..... this shyt did put attention, awareness and eyes back on Impact that haven’t been on them for years.

Hell before the invasion shyt..... no one was really even talking about Impact yet alone thinking about them:yeshrug:
Impact ratings got worst when they partner with aew

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
WWE-NJPW DISCUSSING PARTNERSHIP, NO INDICATION OF CURRENT STATUS

WWE president Nick Khan has been in talks with New Japan Pro Wrestling about WWE becoming NJPW's exclusive American partner.

Dave Meltzer reported in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter that talks regarding the potential partnership date back to March or early April, but there's no indication where the discussions are currently at. If talks go anywhere, the deal would include WWE sending talent, including top stars, to work in NJPW.

NJPW has normally worked with Ring of Honor as their American partner. During the pandemic, however, NJPW has also formed relationships with All Elite Wrestling and Impact Wrestling. Yuji Nagata appeared earlier this month on AEW Dynamite and Satoshi Kojima appeared on this week’s episode of Impact Wrestling.

Meltzer wrote the following:

In what could end up being among the biggest wrestling stories of the year, or a non-story, depending on the end result, Nick Khan has been in talks with New Japan Pro Wrestling about WWE being the exclusive American partner with the promotion. Right now New Japan has been working with AEW (KENTA, Yuji Nagata, Rocky Romero and Ren Narita plus Jon Moxley working New Japan Strong) and Impact (Juice Robinson, David Finlay, El Phantasmo and Satoshi Kojima) and has had a relationship with CMLL and ROH, but things have slowed down with those companies since COVID.

Obviously there are a million questions regarding such a deal if it was to happen, and there are no indications where talks are at past they date back to late March or early April. But it would include WWE sending talent and WWE top stars being allowed to work in New Japan if talks go anywhere. With Khan, the former isolationist attitude of WWE vs. everyone is changing with the idea WWE is part of the wrestling landscape and not separate from the pro wrestling landscape. Obviously it’s also to keep New Japan, which pre-pandemic was the third strongest company in the world, away from working with other companies which could strengthen the opposition and also be a factor with WWE gunning for the same talent as other companies because there is a percentage of younger talent that grew up on watching New Japan either via tape or YouTube where working there is a much bigger part of their career goals than the prior generation, and AEW talent has been willing to allow its talent to work outside its walls and Impact would allow talent to work with other promotions

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Don't know how to feel about a NJPW/WWE partnership :patrice: one of the reasons I started watching NJPW in 2018 is because I had been given up on WWE around 2014/2015 and Jericho punk ass going there who was alright at that time.

I'm really not trying to tune back in to WWE TV even for NJPW :francis:

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Don't know how to feel about a NJPW/WWE partnership :patrice: one of the reasons I started watching NJPW in 2018 is because I had been given up on WWE around 2014/2015 and Jericho punk ass going there who was alright at that time.

I'm really not trying to tune back in to WWE TV even for NJPW :francis:

Gonna have Corbin feuding with Fale :russ: