"The FLASH" Season 3, official thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That is what I thought but the hints that it was someone we would know by the ens of the season in ine of the earlier episodes and arrow doing the same shyt makes me believe it was just bad writing.

I agree It was just bad writing .. I'm still pissed flashpoint (the episode) was only 1 episode... that should've been at least 4..

the thing is season 1 was just the scrapped flash movie reworked into 23 episodes so the thought and outlines were there... since then, going from scratch, i think they don't outline even plot points for an entire season ...

Im still trying to figure out how "Jay" had no speed in his system but "Zoom" was fast as hell

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yea hes done the fact that he posed the biggest threat to all of reality and flash conpletely ignored tells me he isnt that important anymore
lets bet all your coli cash. bet we see him next season

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_inline_oipm09XU0f1s6ti9s_400.jpg

RIP the man, the myth, the legend :wow:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to say this and I could be completely wrong but I don't think the writers knew who they wanted Savitar to be initially. Maybe it was always supposed to be some form of Barry but some of the stuff that was said and ignored towards the end is kind of mind boggling in retrospect. The Philosopher stone, Savitar having the ability to give people powers, his alleged need for Jessie Quick, going to the past and being worshiped as a god, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other stuff. Its like it was either planned for it to be someone else completely or they had no plan at all but wanted to create a more powerful speedster. Only reason I'm saying this is cause at the beginning of the season, he looked borderline unfukkwitable and by the end we watching him work on his suit in a garage like its a old car he trying to fix up. The visuals ain't syncing up if that makes sense.

Edit/Other Unexplained Questions:

Savitar had some type of mind control

It's funny you say that. I forgot which episode I watched back. I think maybe it's the one when savitars blade was clipped off him. I just remember him yelling and disappearing. But the funny thing is, when he yelled, his mouth moved. Mind you, he's in his "suit" but his mouth opens up like a insect when he yells. I'm like wtf I thought he was a man in a suit? They were all over the place with Savitars character.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
because honestly Barry will always become savitar at some point. iris dying here pushed him the first time ... maybe she dies in the future and that pushed him then ..

Just like His mom has to die ... Iris' death will always cause savitar
So is this how it is in the comics? cause I dont get the point of this Barry will always be doomed angle that looms over the show. Let someone else become the bady guy Barry just isnt believable as ever being that evil... However if at some point in the show they start showing thw slow heel turn and we get atleast a half a season of him being the villian that would be gold.. But its TV they have to follow the formula of good guy vs bad guy

On another note, I cant understand how barry goes from being ready to get married to without thought allowing himself to be taken into the speedforce. Like he didnt even seem mad about it he just was like alright I gotta go forever peace... that was horrible writing, this show needs a strong season 4 to stop from turning into Arrow..

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
They fukked up the:
Savitar character
Godspeed character
Flashpoint story
Future Flash story
Invasion! story

all in one season, they must know they don't have that many years left.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Season was cool, not great. Like others said, pacing was off this season and the Savitar reveal could have been done better. I know the show has dealt with time travel since the beginning with RF but they may need to ax that theme come next season. I can understand with RF it working since he is so far from the future and not really connected to Barry but this just left to many plot holes and gaps in logic especially for a villain who should know all his moves for it to really be effective. I can't watch Arrow with Prometheus making Ollie look silly being only 10 steps ahead and a villain who should be way farther ahead be almost mediocre at his job. Also they might need to dead those crossovers or find a better way to incorporate them for their own sake. This season crossovers really only benefited or moved Supergirl's story lines forward at a hinderance to them. Can't be in the middle of dealing with extremely serious arc, just so another show can work out relationship issues on yours.

Hopefully with a new type of villain come next year, they can get out of the speedforce and time travel arcs and try something interesting and different with the show.
I was like :martin::comeon::shaq2: this is how you write the crossover show? these dudes was in the middle of a heated serious situation and they spent a whole show singing and dancing in a dream world.. that completely ignores why a crossover show is dope, if they just going to do more shyt like that then there is no need for a crossover.. like why didnt Ollie try to recruit any of his other super hero friends before going straight to all his enemies? and the timing of it all was just so random.. Even on Arrow Prometheus always conveniently was chilling while arrow stopped to go fight aliens..