"The FLASH" Season 3, official thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The reveal wasn't shocking, especially after reading the comments here but it was good to see finally. Like everyone has mentioned, they better have a good motivation for Savitar wanting to kill Iris and an explanation behind his origin :francis:. Even if that turns out to be the case, he will still be the weakest of the villains the show has done. I'm just not a fan of his look/suit and he hasn't had a moment as good as Zoom putting Barry on that Central City Screen and breaking his back.

Killer Frost's new attire looked good :ehh:and nice to see her use more of her powers.

Would an HR action figure come with drumsticks and a cup of coffee :lupe:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
negged

don't ever try to limit the screen time of the greatest black father on television since Uncle Phil :ufdup:
:stopitslime:
Really my nikka. It's all jokes in here and you go neggin me? And don't you dare compare him to Uncle Phil. Uncle Phil was out here changing black lives raised and groomed Will to be one of the greatest actors ever and held it down as a black judge. *as a disclaimer this is all jokes*

Last edited:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally I liked the Savitar and Killer Frost episodes this season, and overall I'd still consider it good.

The main problem is just that there were just too many filler and crossover episodes (especially that trash musical) that could've been used for something better. But the Savitar reveal was on par with what I expected. I'll reserve further judgement until they explain his backstory, but I'm fine with Barry being the villain this season, especially since we never got an evil Earth-2 Barry in Season 2 and Zoom ended up being somebody else.

The biggest thing they need to explain (aside from Savitar's motives) is why nobody in 2024 seemed to know aside from Killer Frost. Only explanations I can think of are -

1. The timeline already changed
2. The future characters were lying for some reason
3. The future characters (aside from Killer Frost) somehow had their memories of Savitar's identity erased
4. It's not the same Flash from 2024, which kind of goes back to Time Remnant theory where one of the Time Remnants Barry will create ends up surviving and becoming Savitar
#4 still has me confused

He made a bunch of time remnants to beat Savitar and Savitar kills them all... yet 1 ends up becoming Savitar?

Savitar might've been created from whatever crisis happened in 2024... yet the article was written by Iris..... hell im confused guess I'll just wait for the remaining 3 episodes

The philosopher's stone plus the suit plus future Barry's face need to be explained amongst other things like the 2024 crisis.. Barry killing Iris.... no one knowing, etc within 3 episodes smh

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Still don't understand the WHY would Barry Allen in any timeline kill the woman he loves?!?:mindblown:

Producers said explained next week

Tonight's episode of The Flash revealed that a future version of Barry Allen is, in fact, Savitar, but it's a twist which leaves us with more questions than answers. For example, why would he want to kill Iris West? What led to him being so heavily scarred and embarking down a villainous path? We'll be waiting until next week to learn more and a first look at the episode can actually be found down below.

In the meantime, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg has confirmed that we'll learn why this future version of Barry wants to kill Iris. "You get that in the next episode, and the mystery is ongoing, but obviously Savitar is a version of Barry Allen, a heavily scarred version." He then went on to elaborate on why the decision was made to make Barry Allen the big bad of season three as Speed God, Savitar.

"What’s really cool for anyone who thought that there wasn’t a plan, or we didn’t know, or we were making this up as we go, this was always where we were heading. The idea that the darkest villain we could come up with was actually a very damaged version of our hero was interesting and fresh to us. We’re not only competing with all the stuff that we’ve done on Flash, but we’re always competing with everything we’ve done on all the other shows. So to have our lead actor be both the hero and the villain isn’t something we’ve done before, so that was exciting for us as storytellers."

It's an interesting move, but also a very confusing one. The death of Iris West clearly pushed this Barry over the edge, though it's also possible he's one of the time remnants who managed to survive as we've been into the future and seen that the Scarlet Speedster ultimately overcomes his grief and returns to being a hero. Of course, that's just one possible future and if this emphasises anything, it's that time travel is seriously confusing! As always, be sure to share your thoughts in the usual place.

Isn't the suit the boost he needs, the explanation for this needs to be A1

the suit keeps his body intact... Tracy explained already he goes so fast that the suit stabilizes his body..

From this moment on .. THE TEAM HAS TO DEVELOP A PLAN ON THEIR OWN AND NOT TELL BARRY .....

that how the hologram takes Iris' place , that's why he runs like its real ... HE CAN NOT KNOW

Last edited: