The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How'd he fight himself then?

:why:

Let me explain this a different way.

There is no Jay Garrick that's separate from Zoom. "Jay" was never anything other than an identity that Zolomon made up when he broke out of prison. The "Jay Garrick" that everybody (Wells, Team Flash, people on Earth-2, etc.) knew was always just Hunter Zolomon pretending to be a hero. No time travel involved. One day the portal opens to Earth-2 and Zolomon finds out there's another Flash there. He decides to steal his speed an uses his "hero" identity Jay Garrick to infiltrate the team and earn their trust.

Later on in the season, Team Flash starts closing the portals between Earths. Since there's not that many portals for him to use now, he can't easily jump between Earth's without anybody noticing. So he makes a quick trip to, say, yesterday and grabs himself from then, and has that version of himself stay on Earth-2 and act as Jay so that Team Flash doesn't get suspicious about his absence. And he eventually kills that version of himself.

You get what I'm saying? Jay Garrick was always Zoom. The time remnant was just a recent thing he thought of to throw team Flash off, not something he'd been doing before then.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_o5yihwnXTp1ryj6d5o3_250.gif
tumblr_o5yihwnXTp1ryj6d5o2_250.gif
tumblr_o5yihwnXTp1ryj6d5o1_250.gif

For the lovers of fine quality :salute:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
:why:

Let me explain this a different way.

There is no Jay Garrick that's separate from Zoom. "Jay" was never anything other than an identity that Zolomon made up when he broke out of prison. The "Jay Garrick" that everybody (Wells, Team Flash, people on Earth-2, etc.) knew was always just Hunter Zolomon pretending to be a hero. No time travel involved. One day the portal opens to Earth-2 and Zolomon finds out there's another Flash there. He decides to steal his speed an uses his "hero" identity Jay Garrick to infiltrate the team and earn their trust.

Later on in the season, Team Flash starts closing the portals between Earths. Since there's not that many portals for him to use now, he can't easily jump between Earth's without anybody noticing. So he makes a quick trip to, say, yesterday and grabs himself from then, and has that version of himself stay on Earth-2 and act as Jay so that Team Flash doesn't get suspicious about his absence. And he eventually kills that version of himself.

You get what I'm saying? Jay Garrick was always Zoom. The time remnant was just a recent thing he thought of to throw team Flash off, not something he'd been doing before then.
I get that. I mean before the portals when Zoom and Jay would fight. I'm sure it was said that Jay and Zoom fought all the time.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Zolomon didn't go get his time remnant until after Team Flash started closing the breaches, so the "remnant" was just Zolomon getting himself from a couple days/weeks ago when he had already infiltrated Team Flash. The "past" Zolomon wasn't from long ago.

It's like if I went back in time a week ago, then brought him to the present and had him go to my job. The you from only a week ago would not have that hard a time blending in.

I don't remember Zolomon saying the remnant was from a couple of days/weeks ago, you are kind of throwing that in on your own. I mean we all get it breh, but its still poor writing, and it would have helped had they introduced the concept prior in this series. Really just feel like they made some shyt up at the last second.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Exactly. If he killed his past self he would have disappeared. Fukkin time travel

I don't believe it's a literal past self of Zoom but after criss-crossing the timestream a few times a version is created that pretty much exists outside of it. I can only assume that what they mean by a "remnant"

It's kind of nonsense, but I think I figured out their "time remnant" rules:
If Zoom were to travel to the past and kill his past self there, then he would disappear (like Reverse Flash did).
However, if Zoom were to travel to the past, the pull his past self out of the past and into the present, then both of them would exist in the present. From his past self's point of view, he's traveling into the future and meeting his future self. Since the past self is out of his timeline, he's a "time remnant". I guess their logic is that a death in the future can't affect the past, so Zoom doesn't disappear.

At this point I'm pretty sure the guy in the mask is a version of Hunter Zoloman pulled from the past after he got out the orphanage but before he became a serial killer. He liked being a hero as Jay Garrick too much, so Zoom locked him up.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Iris:fire: is The Lady in the Red Dress:ohlawd: Joe made room for Wally:to: Barry's Speedster:cape: injections on a hundred, thousand, trillion:gladbron: Cisco's foamposite goggles unleashed the breach:ohhh: HOH past FUKKERY made Hunter:evil: Go HAM:demonic: Convo with your arch-nemesis:lupe:, instead of ending his chapter:huhldup: Speedforce giveth away that easy:what: Wells doesn't even use AK 47 Zap:leon: for this straight up jack move:birdman: Now Caitlyn's the next contestant:usure: on that Zoomer Jam Screen:francis: No more breaks, tho:blessed:

Last edited:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I didn't recognize how easily Barry got picked up last night

tumblr_o5yhnvFcDq1qio8hpo1_400.gif

He's so fukking flimsy :mjlol:
Even though I'm sure there was some f/x assistance he's a pretty small dude. I think people would be shocked if he stood next to Ezra.

tumblr_o5yihwnXTp1ryj6d5o3_250.gif
tumblr_o5yihwnXTp1ryj6d5o2_250.gif
tumblr_o5yihwnXTp1ryj6d5o1_250.gif

For the lovers of fine quality :salute:
I feel like she's put on about 5 extremely well placed pounds this season....:takedat: