"The Flash" Season 2 thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The only problem I now have with this Jay/Hunter crap is this.

E1 Jay (the one the team knows) has a science background. He also had speed force but lost it. How did he get the time to do ALL this science if he was out serial killing people and in jail?

And I agree with everybody else.. If he killed a past self he would cease to exist. logically he should have got a future version and killed him. this way when the future version gets to that point in time when his past self tries to talk to him he can refuse and still exist. But then this is probably why he took a past version so he would be stupid.

The only way for this to work is if hunter exists out of time ... but the barely explained shyt correct yesterday for them to try to explain that would fail

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
well there's a real one in the comics
i think the dude in the mask is jay garrick
he spelled out jay
im thinking he accidently split himself into 2 people or went back in time and its his father before he went crazy
idk breh :dame: but this could be an epic season finale lined up :gladbron:

He only spelled the J - A .. the team assumed JAY but then he started getting mad and shaking his head .. so it wasn't JAY he was spelling

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I don't believe it's a literal past self of Zoom but after criss-crossing the timestream a few times a version is created that pretty much exists outside of it. I can only assume that what they mean by a "remnant"
That's a better explanation. I was wondering why he used the word remnant instead of saying "past self" or something to that effect.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The only problem I now have with this Jay/Hunter crap is this.

E1 Jay (the one the team knows) has a science background. He also had speed force but lost it. How did he get the time to do ALL this science if he was out serial killing people and in jail?

There is no Earth-1 Jay. In fact there's no Jay period.

It was all just a Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon pretending. Jay's whole backstory about being a scientist and all that was just BS that Zolomon made up.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Safe to assume writers haven't done a great job this season since everyone is confused as shyt:mjlol:

Honestly it's not that confusing, just seems like people are kinda dense today. Then again it is 4/20 :ehh:

What the episode told us is that there is no such person as Jay Garrick on either Earth and there never was.

Jay Garrick was never anything more than an identity Zolomon made up so he could pretend to be a hero. That's why there was no Jay Garrick on Earth-1, because it was always just a fake identity that Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon made up when he escaped prison. Nothing more. Since Earth-1 Hunter Zolomon is just a regular guy and not a villain, he never made up the "Jay Garrick" alias.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
There is no Earth-1 Jay. In fact there's no Jay period.

It was all just a Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon pretending. Jay's whole backstory about being a scientist and all that was just BS that Zolomon made up.

I know that. that's why in parenthesis I said the person the team knows. I just didn't know what to call him.. Past Hunter E2?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly it's not that confusing, just seems like people are kinda dense today. Then again it is 4/20 :ehh:

What the episode told us is that there is no such person as Jay Garrick on either Earth and there never was.

Jay Garrick was never anything more than an identity Zolomon made up so he could pretend to be a hero. That's why there was no Jay Garrick on Earth-1, because it was always just a fake identity that Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon made up when he escaped prison. Nothing more. Since Earth-1 Hunter Zolomon is just a regular guy and not a villain, he never made up the "Jay Garrick" alias.

I'm starting a theory that the "JAY" was a nod to his father's name being James.. I mean I know the name is made up but the specific names didn't just pop out of thin air. The JAy or James or JAson or whatever he used came from something he encountered in his life and so did the Garrick.. Plus the Man in the Iron Mask tapped out JA ... so the "name" means something to somebody somewhere

Those are only my opinions and not those of the CW writers or their staff.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I know that. that's why in parenthesis I said the person the team knows. I just didn't know what to call him.. Past Hunter E2?

That's probably what I'd call him. :ehh:

All I'm saying is that there's not that much of a distinction. The guy that Team Flash knew was always Zoom. The fact that he went back a few days to get a slightly older version of himself doesn't change that they're the same person. In fact Zoom didn't even get the past version of himself until late in the Season when Team Flash started closing the portals. Before that it was the exact same person they're talking to now.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm starting a theory that the "JAY" was a nod to his father's name being James.. I mean I know the name is made up but the specific names didn't just pop out of thin air. The JAy or James or JAson or whatever he used came from something he encountered in his life and so did the Garrick.. Plus the Man in the Iron Mask tapped out JA ... so the "name" means something to somebody somewhere

Those are only my opinions and not hose of the CW writers or their staff.

I actually agree with this, in fact I'd say it's implicit. :ehh:

The whole "Jay Garrick" identity was probably a homage to his father and that's why "Jay" wears the helmet his father gave him. A man that's supposedly a hero but really is a monster...just like his dad. :wow:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That's probably what I'd call him. :ehh:

All I'm saying is that there's not that much of a distinction. The guy that Team Flash knew was always Zoom. The fact that he went back a few days to get a slightly older version of himself doesn't change that they're the same person. In fact Zoom didn't even get the past version of himself until late in the Season when Team Flash started closing the portals. Before that it was the exact same person they're talking to now.

OH yea. that's right. he didn't get him until after they closed ALL the portals.. which begs to differ.. why did Jay even help to close them.. If anything he should've kept one secretly open for himself..

I like my twin theory better .. right now it seems like they didn't completely think this through and are copping out

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The thing that bothered more than anything in yesterday's episode was Barry not mentioning Supergirl at all. He comes back then just goes back to Zoom. Him visiting Supergirl's Earth was the first time that he visited a Earth beyond E-2 so I would think Cisco and Cait would've liked to know.

BARRY probably didn't fully realize what happened himself. I mean he almost said something but ... nevermind .. you're right

DAMN.. I know the crossover was an after thought for both shows but TEAM flash could've addressed it a little better than that