"The Flash" Season 2 thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
After catching up and really thinking about it, I honestly think the writers threw us a red herring and Zoom actually is Hunter Zolomon/Earth-1 Jay. They knew us comic book nerds would see that reveal and just think it's an Easter egg but honestly, the level of intricacy we're going into just figure out Zoom's identity is comparable to The Shining :heh:

You know what...I think you on to something. To just randomly have dude there to throw us off the scent. :patrice:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
You know what...I think you on to something. To just randomly have dude there to throw us off the scent. :patrice:

If we look at the bigger picture, introducing the character Hunter Zolomon purely as a fan service Easter egg would be ridiculous. He's one of the most known characters in the Flash lore so it's safe to assume that the writers would have something in store for him without the whole convoluted multiverse/doppelgänger/twin stuff.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If we look at the bigger picture, introducing the character Hunter Zolomon purely as a fan service Easter egg would be ridiculous. He's one of the most known characters in the Flash lore so it's safe to assume that the writers would have something in store for him without the whole convoluted multiverse/doppelgänger/twin stuff.

He, maybe, maybe not.

I don't think it'll be Hunter Zolomon, I might be wrong but I think there was an interview where the writers said Zoom's identity would be different than the comics. Plus, remember, in the comics Hunter Zolomon/Zoom was actually a Wally West villain (former friend of Wally that turned evil after a tragedy), not a Barry Allen villain. His costume, personality, and motives are already nothing much like the comic anyway (in the comics his costume is almost the same as Reverse Flash's and he wants to make Wally a better hero by showing him tragedy) so I don't see why they'd keep the same identity.

But this show tends to go it's own way anyway. Harrison Wells doesn't even exist in the comics but he's pretty much the breakout character in the show.

I do agree that Zoom has something to do with Jay Garrick though. I'm sort of still on the theory that the Jay we know is Hannibal Bates/Everyman of Earth-2 or some other shapeshifter that's working for Zoom and Zoom has the real one hostage (in the mask).

Caitlin's reaction when she finds out she's been dating a shapeshifter the whole time. :wow:

She might legit turn evil after that.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
He, maybe, maybe not.

I don't think it'll be Hunter Zolomon, I might be wrong but I think there was an interview where the writers said Zoom's identity would be different than the comics. Plus, remember, in the comics Hunter Zolomon/Zoom was actually a Wally West villain (former friend of Wally that turned evil after a tragedy), not a Barry Allen villain. His costume, personality, and motives are already nothing much like the comic anyway (in the comics his costume is almost the same as Reverse Flash's and he wants to make Wally a better hero by showing him tragedy) so I don't see why they'd keep the same identity.

But this show tends to go it's own way anyway. Harrison Wells doesn't even exist in the comics but he's pretty much the breakout character in the show.

I do agree that Zoom has something to do with Jay Garrick though. I'm sort of still on the theory that the Jay we know is Hannibal Bates/Everyman of Earth-2 or some other shapeshifter that's working for Zoom and Zoom has the real one hostage (in the mask).

The writers have taken a lot artistic licence with the characters so I'm not too sure where here gonna go but I'm not putting past them to point us in the wrong direction by telling us that Zoom from the show is not the same as Zoom from the comic just to make their job easier.

I think the Everyman theory is too comic book centric for them to pull that off. Everyone I know that watches this show doesn't read the comics at all so that plot twist would leave most people like :dwillhuh:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Why even come in a thread knowing the conversation is in regards to a critical plot point if you haven't caught up yet :patrice::martin:

:skip:
:ufdup:
I didn't read or reply to anyone chump

if anything I made the statement saiyan I am catching up then said how he ain't hit yet:rudy: