"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Barry always got his powers, Wells/Thawne just made it happen sooner. The :whoa: makes me think that it might not be an alternate Flash but an older current Barry that knows the timeline must be kept intact.
yeah, we'll see that barry fight eobard in the future.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
So many timelines my head hurts

- RF1 goes back into time to kill PresentBarry but Flash1 prevents it and Nora ends up getting killed

- Flash2 ends up saving Nora and Flashpoint starts.

- PresentFlash goes back to save his mother but Flash1 says :whoa:

- Timeline where Wells kills Cisco and escapes, Barry kisses Iris and Weather Wiz possibly destroyed the city

Many other ones :mindblown:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can someone explain to me how old the Flash who saved child Barry is when Current Flash goes back to save Mom Dukes? Wells said that he wouldn't be born for 120+ years when talking to Barry. So does Barry/ Flash not age/ age slower or something to that effect? How or which Flash has Eobard been fighting with this entire time. I am hella puzzled about that part of the story/ timeline.

@Jello Biafra
The Flash who saved Barry would likely be in his mid to late 30s since in that timeline the particle accelrator accident happened around 2020.
And Wells/Thawne was born 100 plus years in the future but as The Reverse Flash he would travel back in time to fight The Flash.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
A Time Machine could be Dangerous if in The Right Hands or it could very well be
1382547516_batman__arkham_origins_promo.gif

Life Changing.:mjcry:

1 Man's Tool Is Another Man's Weapon.:beli:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Flash who saved Barry would likely be in his mid to late 30s since in that timeline the particle accelrator accident happened around 2020.
And Wells/Thawne was born 100 plus years in the future but as The Reverse Flash he would travel back in time to fight The Flash.
Alright. @Atsym Sknyfs was on the money.

So why is Eobard so hell bent on killing Barry? Barry would be dead by the time of his birth correct? IIRC, he has hated "The Flash" for as long as he's been able to hate someone. So The Flash has been sonning Reverse Flash damn near every time he came at him. I don't have much knowledge about the Flash and their take on timelines/ multiverses etc. so I don't want you to break your back trying to avoid spoilers as I will wait to see where they take the story.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Last night, on the season finale of “The Flash,” Barry Allen got a glimpse of the future seeing both a hint at Caitlin Snow’s super-powered alter ego, Killer Frost, and a statue of himself in front of The Flash Museum (both pictured below). Now, series executive producer Andrew Kreisberg is offering fans a look at the future with some special teases for the second season.

“We’re mapping out the (second) season,” he tells EW. “The circumstances in which we come back will hopefully be surprising and entertaining. There are a bunch of questions that were left unresolved at the end of the season and they’ll be resolved in the premiere. But how that happens won’t quite be the way people expect. Hopefully the unexpected is what people have come to expect from us.”

The episode ended with a massive black hole preparing to consume Central City with Barry leaping inside it to save the day before cutting to black, and Kreisberg teases that not everything while be the same in the timeline after Barry returns.

“When you open a singularity above a city, you should be worried about anything and everything that happens. Part of the fun of The Flash is when you have people dabbling in sci-fi physics, they’re significantly altering the world. We established in the finale that the entire series of The Flash is, in itself, an alternate timeline that’s been skewed from the real one. Wells setting off the accelerator created all the metahumans, and the results of the singularity will also have long-term effects.”

Kreisberg also went on to note that despite Rick Cosnett’s Eddie Thawne taking his own life, which caused the Reverse Flash to also disappear, we may not have seen the last of him.

“While Rick won’t be a regular, Flash is the kind of show between hardcore sci-fi and time travel that I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t the last we’ve seen of Eddie Thawne….On Flash, you’ve never seen the last of anybody, no matter what happens to them.”

He also went on to confirm that Tom Cavanagh will “continue to be a regular” on the series, and we imagine that will be possible thanks to yesterday’s revelation that the series will explore the multiverse in season two.

One of the biggest hints about the population of multiple earths in the series was the inclusion of Jay Garrick’s helmet, pictured below. In the comics, Garrick was the original version of “The Flash” from the golden age of comics, and was the direct inspiration for Barry Allen to adopt the name as his own superhero identity after he read an issue of “The Flash.” Eventually the pair would meet, where it was revealed that they populated parallel Earths, Earth-1 and Earth-2, respectively, and the two would go on to become good friends

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/19/flash-season-1-finale-eddie-death-rick-cosnett-spoilers

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
@Hades .. besides the stadium lights you can check my posts in this thread... I been pretty spot on with predictions. I'm surprised you remembered I said that

and like I said last episode they did run around the top of the stadium or whatever that was so it actually is plausible.

And to everybody else... check the pose Barry made when he vanished. Its the same as the newspaper except this symbol is not white. And the future Barry in the house suit was Redder...

plus they also explained how he vanished. When they fought, probably running in opposite directions, they both hit MACH 2, colided and then BOOM .. wormhole and they both vanuished

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Yeah
A friend of mine pointed out that Barry in CW was given his power not by the particle accelerator, but by a future Barry. Right before the lightning strike happens in episode 1, the liquid starts to defies gravity, which is evident of the presence of a speedster in close proximity (an observation made by Cisco) and the lightning that struck Barry is yellow-ish in color (only Flash’s lightning is yellow). My friend also pointed out that in one of the comic book, Barry gave his past-self powers by travelling through time as a lightning bolt.

:whew:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I also dont think the events of the Flash effect Arrow as much as we think.. unless its a crossover I think its assumed the the flash stuff happened and arrow is happenning. Arrow doesnt know about the daily Flash problems so all we see is what happens on Wednesday on Arrow.
Arrow and Flash are still 2 separate shows and handled as such. Its similiar to the MCU movies.. things affect everybody in the Avenges movies but in their respective individual films it only affects them. Thats how I see Flash... Crossover eps deal with both shows (and maybe Supergirl ... What if she popped out the wormhole) while the routine 20 or so separate eps are just that