"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This shows finale (and hell entire season) was so damn good.
It had tons of character moments, cool fan service stuff, major stakes, death and a humongous cliffhanger.
And with the way things are going we have the possibility for next season of getting Tom Cavanaugh back as the real Dr. Wells and Matt Letscher or Rick Cosnett as The Reverse-Flash.
And just knowing that Jay Garrick is out there somewhere had me hyped because you know this show wouldn't have included that helmet scene if they didn't plan on revisiting it down the line.
This is the best super-hero show on TV no question.

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
:mindblown: Someone explain to me wtf is earth 2 and this flash with a helmet shyt and how did yall know that was hawk girl in the simplest way possible

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:mindblown: Someone explain to me wtf is earth 2 and this flash with a helmet shyt and how did yall know that was hawk girl in the simplest way possible

Earth 2 is an alternate Earth where the silver age (1940-1960ish) characters existed. That helmet belongs to that Flash.
HAwgirl ... because we read the new DC show info.

I wonder if the showrunners gonna use this event to make more metahumans?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I thought that too. There's still an Eddie, Wells and a particle accelerator in other timelines though - including the one Barry originally came from.

They demonstrated how it works when Wells killed Cisco before Barry ran back in time after trying to save the city from the tidal wave.

With Eddie getting sucked into the wormhole I wonder if he's gonna exist outside of time.. since technically thats where he is now.. what if he ends up in the future .... or what if He is Eobard...

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Earth 2 is an alternate Earth where the silver age (1940-1960ish) characters existed. That helmet belongs to that Flash.
HAwgirl ... because we read the new DC show info.

I wonder if the showrunners gonna use this event to make more metahumans?
Does anybody else remember the end of the Arrow episode with Deadbolt, where Ray and Cisco are talking and they find out Deadbolt was nowhere near the particle accelerator when it blew up so he had to get his powers from somewhere else? I can't imagine that was just a throwaway scene.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
So if the multiverse is confirmed, that means they could crossover into the films....:lupe: DC may actually hav a chance at coming for that Marvel movie throne, through TV.

Wally West is confirmed for season is confirmed for season 2. :wow: Barry got into dem West guts and produced a real nikka. :wow:

Barry has a black father, a black bad he was to marry and fathers a black kid. He's doing more for the black community than the average coli negro, including me :to::salute:

Kd35brah

All Star
Daps
This shows finale (and hell entire season) was so damn good.
It had tons of character moments, cool fan service stuff, major stakes, death and a humongous cliffhanger.
And with the way things are going we have the possibility for next season of getting Tom Cavanaugh back as the real Dr. Wells and Matt Letscher or Rick Cosnett as The Reverse-Flash.
And just knowing that Jay Garrick is out there somewhere had me hyped because you know this show wouldn't have included that helmet scene if they didn't plan on revisiting it down the line.
This is the best super-hero show on TV no question.
Don't forget all the Easter eggs of Hal Jordan on the Flash and Arrow.

If he was going to appear on a show it would be the flash 1st.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Does anybody else remember the end of the Arrow episode with Deadbolt, where Ray and Cisco are talking and they find out Deadbolt was nowhere near the particle accelerator when it blew up so he had to get his powers from somewhere else? I can't imagine that was just a throwaway scene.

You know what... I bet alot of villians are gonna pop out the wormhole when Barry fianlly closes it.. That includes killer frost, wally, maybe bart... we already know Jay's there... It would be nice if John Shipp played Jay... or we can now say that the OG flash show might be another universe

And Cisco is the only one who can sense which earth a person is from and Barry can take them home.. This is sounding like Smallville when Clark let those villians out the Phantom Zone except Barry let a bunch of worlds collide and Rip Hunter has to fix things...

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn Eddy is such an idiot, he could have at least shot at wells instead of himself.:mjlol: He wanted to be the hero so much couldn't even think straight

this isn't like when every man pretended to be wells. RF could easily avoid bullets before they hit him.

eddie would have been better off turning the gun on his testicles

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

'The Flash' EP on "Heartbreaking" Finale Death, Season 2 Speedsters and Villains

A member of Team Flash's has made the ultimate sacrifice.

Eddie (Rick Cosnett) took his own life in order to stop his descendant Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash (Tom Cavanagh) in Tuesday's finale of The Flash, realizing if he killed himself, Eobard wouldn't be born. The plan worked, and Eobard vanished from existence after Eddie shot himself, leaving Barry (Grant Gustin), Eddie's former girlfriend Iris (Candice Patton) and the rest of the team to mourn.

Eddie wasn't the only one to sacrifice. Earlier, Barry made the decision not to prevent his mother Nora's (Michelle Harrison) death, because doing so would prevent him from becoming The Flash and would mean all the good he's done as the hero would be undone. It's a monumental decision, meaning Barry will go forward fully embracing his identity as a hero.

The finale leaves plenty of questions, among them: Will Eddie or Eobard be on the show in the future?

In a chat with The Hollywood Reporter, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg reveals that Cavanagh will remain on the show as a series regular, weighs in on Eddie possibly returning, and teases "a bunch more villains" as well as additional speedsters for season two.

When did you know Eddie would make this sacrifice?

When we decided to name him Thawne, we hoped the audience would suspect Eddie was the Reverse-Flash because of his last name. We always knew Eddie would be his ancestor, but we weren't quite sure how we would end the season. The way things were moving forward, it felt like it was the best thing to do for his character. Like with Colin Donnell [whose character Tommy died in Arrow's season one finale], it was literally the worst thing we could do to ourselves as writers, producers and friends, because we all love Rick so much both personally and professionally, and we think he's crushed it as Eddie all season. We've all become very close. It's one of those terrible things. The story sort of tells you what it wants to be and as much as it broke our hearts, we knew this was the way the season needed to end.

What was Rick's last day on set like?

Usually the last day on set tends to be something very mundane. The last day on set turned out to be his death scene. It was a very complicated day, visual-effects-wise because of all the things that were going on. It was also a difficult day emotionally. Not only was it the end of the season, and everyone from the crew to the cast have just been killing themselves to make this show as good as it could be, it was also incredibly emotional. Just like Collin Donnell, Rick was told about the plan way in advance, because obviously we didn't want him to read it and be surprised. As soon as he found out, he kicked up his acting level a notch. It was almost subconsciously — his performance got even stronger, which again makes it even worse emotionally for us. Rick has been turning in his best work of the year in these last few episodes just like Colin did. I literally can't say enough about Rick Cosnett.

Will Eddie be back?

The great thing with our show — you saw it with Colin Donnell and with Caity Lotz [whose deceased Sara isreturning for spinoff Legends of Tomorrow]— is just because you are dead doesn't mean you're not coming back. Especially in the world of The Flash, which involves time travel and real hardcore science fiction, there's always a way for Eddie to return and we hope Rick will.

How does Eddie's sacrifice works? Eobard disappears — but everything he did up until the finale still happened?

Our time travel, hopefully holds together as much as it can. It doesn't completely obliterate all of their memories of Eddie and everything, but it has the desired effect of "harm to Eddie means harm to Tom Cavanagh's character."

How did you lay the groundwork for Eddie to make this choice?

Eddie has been struggling these last few weeks hearing about the future and about how there is no place for him in the future. He wasn't going to believe in Wells' interpretation of the future. He was going to make his own decision and he basically decided to recommit to Iris, which only makes his sacrifice that much more heartbreaking. He didn't do it because he didn't have anything to live for. He did it because he had everything to live for.

What does this mean for Tom Cavanagh's future on the show?

Tom Cavanagh will be back. That is not in question. Tom Cavanagh will continue to be a regular.

This season was so well planned out in advance. Is that the approach you will take with season two — constructing a big master plan like you had for season one?

Not to pat ourselves on the back too much, but if you watch the pilot, there are clues that got laid out throughout the season. We've done the same thing for season two and hopefully we've created a structure and a scenario for season two that people will find equally compelling and equally interesting. Some of it has already been set up in the events of season one. Just like we do on Arrow, where without even realizing it toward the end of the season we're setting up the next season. Once people come back in season two, they'll look back at some of these episodes in season one and go, "Oh wait a minute, I see where this came from."

You've said season two will introduce more Speedsters. Is that going to be a major theme akin to the Rogues in this season?

Yeah. We are going to introduce a few more speedsters next year and a bunch more villains. How they and those villains come about is part of the surprise of season two. We're really excited. [Executive producer] Greg[Berlanti] and myself and [executive producer] Geoff Johns and the writers, the cast, the crew, the directors — we are so proud of this season of television. It really is a high mark for all of us and we feel a great deal of pressure and anxiety to live up to it, because it's been so well received. As proud as excited as we are about everything we've done this year, we really are just as proud and excited for all the things we are planning coming up and hopefully people will continue to take this ride with us.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
So if the multiverse is confirmed, that means they could crossover into the films....:lupe: DC may actually hav a chance at coming for that Marvel movie throne, through TV.

Wally West is confirmed for season is confirmed for season 2. :wow: Barry got into dem West guts and produced a real nikka. :wow:

Barry has a black father, a black bad he was to marry and fathers a black kid. He's doing more for the black community than the average coli negro, including me :to::salute:

Wally is his nephew breh :lupe: