Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
My thoughts -

Original timeline
  • Nora Allen does not die during Barry's childhood
  • Barry is still involved in an accelerator accident that causes him to become the Flash. However, this doesn't occur until 2020 and it was completely accidental on Wells' part
  • After becoming the Flash, Barry and his allies eventually develop the "cosmic treadmill", which, for anybody who doesn't know, is basically a time travel device that only the Flash can use. He uses it to prevent evil speedsters/speedsters from the future from altering the timeline
  • There is a Red Sky crisis that happens in 2024, it ends with the Flash disappearing/dying. Possibly something Flash accidentally caused and had to sacrifice himself to stop.
  • Centuries later, Eobard Thawne is born.
  • At some point, he's able to give himself superpowers in a similar way that the Flash got his (though less stable) and decides to travel back in time and prevent the Red Skies crisis by killing Barry Allen, so he travels back to the days of Barry-as-the-Flash and tries to kill him
  • He tries for years, but Barry always wins in the end and prevents him from changing the timeline
  • After years of losing to the Flash, Thawne decides to stop bothering with adult Barry and just kill him as a child, and goes back further to when Barry was 10.
  • Flash in the normal timeline gets wind of this and chases him to the past

New Timeline
  • Flash/Reverse flash arrive in the past and fight it out
  • Reverse Flash (Thawne) tries to kill kid Barry but Nora gets in the way and gets killed instead
  • Due to this happening, the Flash that was fighting Thawne ceases to exist since his timeline was erased. Thawne is immune to this, probably because of his time travel device.
  • Unfortuantely (for Thawne), jumping that far back in time and then getting into a long fight with Barry drained his powers, so he's stuck in the past
  • Since he drained his own speed, Thawne's only hope of getting back to the future is to wait for Barry to grow up (and become the Flash) and then drain Flash's powers and use them to go back to his own time
  • Obviously he doesn't want to wait 20+ years for Wells' accident to happen, so he body switches with him and speeds things up as much as he can, and eventually causes the accident to happen five or six years sooner than it did originally

That's all I got. :manny:

I probably got some of the details wrong about why Thawne traveled back in time in the first place, but I bet it's something like that.

Only thing i would add is that future Barry didnt cease to exist he became part of the speed force and the lightining that struck Barry in this timeline

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...inally-ties-knot-Robbie-Amell-rehearsals.html

NO DR WELLS

But it might be an APril's Fools Joke..

Last edited:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Episode 19 description (The next crossover epi)
JOE AND CISCO TRAVEL TO STARLING CITY FOR ANSWERS ABOUT DR. WELLS — Joe(Jesse L. Martin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head to Starling City to continue their investigation ofDr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). While in town, the duo enlists the help of Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and Cisco meets the Black Canary (Katie Cassidy), who asks him for afavor. Meanwhile, back in Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) races to catch a meta-human named Hannibal Bates (guest star Martin Novotny) who can transform himself into every person hetouches – which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker)and even The Flash.

Explains that scene of him shooting those cops.

that explain that scene:ohhh:

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
Flash really got us debating the physics of time travel :russ: GOAT show

These different time theories in here have me
ndgoingin.gif

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i think wells will succeed in going back to the future. then we'll have a season of young thawne. then we'll eventually get back to what wells is up too.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I knew I saw that device before somewhere. I was thinking it was "The 4400", but it was Fringe.

Just finished this esp and that's the first thing that came to my mind. I though he was about to put it in the root of his mouth at first..lol

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Episode 19 description (The next crossover epi)
JOE AND CISCO TRAVEL TO STARLING CITY FOR ANSWERS ABOUT DR. WELLS — Joe(Jesse L. Martin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head to Starling City to continue their investigation ofDr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). While in town, the duo enlists the help of Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and Cisco meets the Black Canary (Katie Cassidy), who asks him for afavor. Meanwhile, back in Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) races to catch a meta-human named Hannibal Bates (guest star Martin Novotny) who can transform himself into every person hetouches – which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker)and even The Flash.

Explains that scene of him shooting those cops.
500px-Robert_Queens_Book_Arrow_TV_Series_001.jpg

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
My thoughts -

Original timeline
  • Nora Allen does not die during Barry's childhood
  • Barry is still involved in an accelerator accident that causes him to become the Flash. However, this doesn't occur until 2020 and it was completely accidental on Wells' part
  • After becoming the Flash, Barry and his allies eventually develop the "cosmic treadmill", which, for anybody who doesn't know, is basically a time travel device that only the Flash can use. He uses it to prevent evil speedsters/speedsters from the future from altering the timeline
  • There is a Red Sky crisis that happens in 2024, it ends with the Flash disappearing/dying. Possibly something Flash accidentally caused and had to sacrifice himself to stop.
  • Centuries later, Eobard Thawne is born.
  • At some point, he's able to give himself superpowers in a similar way that the Flash got his (though less stable) and decides to travel back in time and prevent the Red Skies crisis by killing Barry Allen, so he travels back to the days of Barry-as-the-Flash and tries to kill him
  • He tries for years, but Barry always wins in the end and prevents him from changing the timeline
  • After years of losing to the Flash, Thawne decides to stop bothering with adult Barry and just kill him as a child, and goes back further to when Barry was 10.
  • Flash in the normal timeline gets wind of this and chases him to the past

New Timeline
  • Flash/Reverse flash arrive in the past and fight it out
  • Reverse Flash (Thawne) tries to kill kid Barry but Nora gets in the way and gets killed instead
  • Due to this happening, the Flash that was fighting Thawne ceases to exist since his timeline was erased. Thawne is immune to this, probably because of his time travel device.
  • Unfortuantely (for Thawne), jumping that far back in time and then getting into a long fight with Barry drained his powers, so he's stuck in the past
  • Since he drained his own speed, Thawne's only hope of getting back to the future is to wait for Barry to grow up (and become the Flash) and then drain Flash's powers and use them to go back to his own time
  • Obviously he doesn't want to wait 20+ years for Wells' accident to happen, so he body switches with him and speeds things up as much as he can, and eventually causes the accident to happen five or six years sooner than it did originally

That's all I got. :manny:

I probably got some of the details wrong about why Thawne traveled back in time in the first place, but I bet it's something like that.
Why would Thawne go back to in time to prevent the event if he wants it to happen