"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part of it doesnt make sense because what would future Barry merge with... his 10 yr old self? if thats the case barry wouldve been called crazy having all those future memories..

I agree Barry ceased to exist... but I dont know how yet.. Maybe he merged with Eobard and Barry's positive speed force cancelled out his negative speed force.

Or what if Saving his younger self changed the timeline then he ceased to exist... But then Eobard created a new timeline when he found Wells and created the particle accelelator earlier...

I wouldn't think a 10 year old mind would completely understand what just done happened, and when Barry at age 10 tried to explain it, people thought he was crazy. It's different from modern day Barry who was aware of who he is, and already had knowledge of the possibility of time travel and only going back a day. Those things are still fresh in his mind, but trying to do that as a 10 year old., I doubt it.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. I don't think a person can exist 2x in the same timeline and when Future Barry saved Young Barry it actually merged them together, similar to how when he went back and time and phased his future conscious into the past timeline.

This is why the future flash has gone missing because he actually ceased to exists taking the speed force with him.

RIGHT! And remember that date when he disappeared said 2020 which is also the date Thawne said needed to be sooner than that which could possibly occur this season... maybe the finale.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
RIGHT! And remember that date when he disappeared said 2020 which is also the date Thawne said needed to be sooner than that which could possibly occur this season... maybe the finale.

it was April 2024 .....

2020 was when wells made the original machine .. now thanks to Eobard it was 2014 .. so its 6 years earlier..

damaddwebba

Lurker
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I wouldn't think a 10 year old mind would completely understand what just done happened, and when Barry at age 10 tried to explain it, people thought he was crazy. It's different from modern day Barry who was aware of who he is, and already had knowledge of the possibility of time travel and only going back a day. Those things are still fresh in his mind, but trying to do that as a 10 year old., I doubt it.

Also it was only a day in which he went back in time, we don't know if going back centuries in this case would allow the conciseness to remain intact for a merge.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What if this ..

In Eobard original timeline Nora was Alive and BArry became the flash in 2020...
When Eobard went back in time and Barry saved Barry and Nora Died .. the older Flash ceased to exist because with Nora dying he didnt become flash. With Barry ceasing to exist Eobard speed ceased to exist which is why he's stuck.

Dr. Wells knew where BArry would be becasue he wanted Barry to get struck during the acelerator explosion. When Barry became the Streak/Flash Eobard started getting some power back

ralph lauren

Banned
Daps
this show is piff..

i wonder if they will introduce us to wally in the later seasons maybe as a side kick or something..

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My thoughts -

Original timeline
  • Nora Allen does not die during Barry's childhood
  • Barry is still involved in an accelerator accident that causes him to become the Flash. However, this doesn't occur until 2020 and it was completely accidental on Wells' part
  • After becoming the Flash, Barry and his allies eventually develop the "cosmic treadmill", which, for anybody who doesn't know, is basically a time travel device that only the Flash can use. He uses it to prevent evil speedsters/speedsters from the future from altering the timeline
  • There is a Red Sky crisis that happens in 2024, it ends with the Flash disappearing/dying. Possibly something Flash accidentally caused and had to sacrifice himself to stop.
  • Centuries later, Eobard Thawne is born.
  • At some point, he's able to give himself superpowers in a similar way that the Flash got his (though less stable) and decides to travel back in time and prevent the Red Skies crisis by killing Barry Allen, so he travels back to the days of Barry-as-the-Flash and tries to kill him
  • He tries for years, but Barry always wins in the end and prevents him from changing the timeline
  • After years of losing to the Flash, Thawne decides to stop bothering with adult Barry and just kill him as a child, and goes back further to when Barry was 10.
  • Flash in the normal timeline gets wind of this and chases him to the past

New Timeline
  • Flash/Reverse flash arrive in the past and fight it out
  • Reverse Flash (Thawne) tries to kill kid Barry but Nora gets in the way and gets killed instead
  • Due to this happening, the Flash that was fighting Thawne ceases to exist since his timeline was erased. Thawne is immune to this, probably because of his time travel device.
  • Unfortuantely (for Thawne), jumping that far back in time and then getting into a long fight with Barry drained his powers, so he's stuck in the past
  • Since he drained his own speed, Thawne's only hope of getting back to the future is to wait for Barry to grow up (and become the Flash) and then drain Flash's powers and use them to go back to his own time
  • Obviously he doesn't want to wait 20+ years for Wells' accident to happen, so he body switches with him and speeds things up as much as he can, and eventually causes the accident to happen five or six years sooner than it did originally

That's all I got. :manny:

I probably got some of the details wrong about why Thawne traveled back in time in the first place, but I bet it's something like that.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Episode 19 description (The next crossover epi)
JOE AND CISCO TRAVEL TO STARLING CITY FOR ANSWERS ABOUT DR. WELLS — Joe(Jesse L. Martin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head to Starling City to continue their investigation ofDr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). While in town, the duo enlists the help of Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and Cisco meets the Black Canary (Katie Cassidy), who asks him for afavor. Meanwhile, back in Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) races to catch a meta-human named Hannibal Bates (guest star Martin Novotny) who can transform himself into every person hetouches – which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker)and even The Flash.

Explains that scene of him shooting those cops.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Episode 19 description (The next crossover epi)
JOE AND CISCO TRAVEL TO STARLING CITY FOR ANSWERS ABOUT DR. WELLS — Joe(Jesse L. Martin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head to Starling City to continue their investigation ofDr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). While in town, the duo enlists the help of Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and Cisco meets the Black Canary (Katie Cassidy), who asks him for afavor. Meanwhile, back in Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) races to catch a meta-human named Hannibal Bates (guest star Martin Novotny) who can transform himself into every person hetouches – which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker)and even The Flash.

Explains that scene of him shooting those cops.
the bolded makes so much sense now :ohlawd: