"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whew...finally calmed down a bit lol. Now that time travel is in play, I wonder just how much of a factor it will be as time progresses. Barry for certain will go back to the past to save his mom but...I'm pretty sure that he'll probably go the future to depending upon the consequences with him doing that. I'm wondering just how much can he affect the time continuum with him traveling back and forth between the past and the future. This is about to get really crazy.:banderas: What would be even more scarier is that if this spills on over to Arrow, which won't happen but man if did, all kinds of fcukery would be in play. Wow...so many angles can be used here, it's ridiculous. I wonder if the future Barry would come to the present Barry to warn him of the....nevermind, I don't even want to think about that now, lol!:mindblown::dead: This show is amazing!
You make a good point. What if the events tonight in Arrow are effected by Barry going back in time somehow? Lol

Kd35brah

All Star
Daps
Same color in the glasses too. Surprised no one talked about it.

2878843-vibe_cv1_ds.jpeg

Z2Z4Sai.jpg

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Pause it at 1:19. Is that Cisco as "Vibe"? That means we will have a "Vibe" reveal this season??!??!?

Wonder when Caitlin gets her change too:patrice:

Yo!!! I just saw two Flash in that trailer. Two Barry Allens!!!:mindblown: I'm guessing that we will have the Vibe reveal. And...the Arrow/Flash crossover before the season end! Sweeet!!

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Whew...finally calmed down a bit lol. Now that time travel is in play, I wonder just how much of a factor it will be as time progresses. Barry for certain will go back to the past to save his mom but...I'm pretty sure that he'll probably go the future to depending upon the consequences with him doing that. I'm wondering just how much can he affect the time continuum with him traveling back and forth between the past and the future. This is about to get really crazy.:banderas: What would be even more scarier is that if this spills on over to Arrow, which won't happen but man if did, all kinds of fcukery would be in play. Wow...so many angles can be used here, it's ridiculous. I wonder if the future Barry would come to the present Barry to warn him of the....nevermind, I don't even want to think about that now, lol!:mindblown::dead: This show is amazing!

He time travelled by accident.. he wont knowingly go that fast again (he will .. but not on purpose) ...
he went that fast because the city was gonna be destroyed and wanted to save Iris and be in love with her... So thats his motivation ..

they also stated the treadmill will become the Cosmic Treadmill

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
He time travelled by accident.. he wont knowingly go that fast again (he will .. but not on purpose) ...
he went that fast because the city was gonna be destroyed and wanted to save Iris and be in love with her... So thats his motivation ..

they also stated the treadmill will become the Cosmic Treadmill

That makes sense. I got a little too ahead of myself there. I forgot that Barry didn't know how to travel to begin with. Once he does master that ability, that is when the story will really pick up serious steam. I can't help but wonder how the Arrow universe can't/won't be affected by Barry's time travel. I mean it has to be but I think the challenge would be trying to figure out just how much things would change in Arrow.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I just had a thought, how far do you think they're gonna with the time-continuum? So far, we know that there are "two" adult Barry Allens...does Barry going back in time like this now mean that there are three? As in, the events of what we saw are going to take place and "current" Barry is just going to intercept events? Or are they gonna go down the route of only one Barry being able to exist in one timeline?

I think the Barry we know now, is gonna go back and be the one that takes young Barry outside, while other Barry fights reverse flash.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That makes sense. I got a little too ahead of myself there. I forgot that Barry didn't know how to travel to begin with. Once he does master that ability, that is when the story will really pick up serious steam. I can't help but wonder how the Arrow universe can't/won't be affected by Barry's time travel. I mean it has to be but I think the challenge would be trying to figure out just how much things would change in Arrow.

He wont knowingly travel til late season 2 / early season 3..

Arrow shouldnt be a problem... the only problem with Arrow is since it airs a day after we already know the days events arent gonna stick... they can sort of fool us because there's no timestamps on teh episodes ... Technically next weeks arrow should start the same a tonight since next weeks flash starts the same as this weeks..

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I think the Barry we know now, is gonna go back and be the one that takes young Barry outside, while other Barry fights reverse flash.

I mean if that were the case, would that seriously mess up the time continuum for Barry? I mean, having three Barry Allens in one spot would do some serious damage. What would be even worse is that the Reverse Flash kills all three Barry Allens, which I don't think would happen. I think he would probably kill the fastest one so that he would be able to return to his time.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I mean if that were the case, would that seriously mess up the time continuum for Barry? I mean, having three Barry Allens in one spot would do some serious damage. What would be even worse is that the Reverse Flash kills all three Barry Allens, which I don't think would happen. I think he would probably kill the fastest one so that he would be able to return to his time.

I think the Barry we know, knows he can't chanche anything. And goes back to make sure everything stays the same actually. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one that kills his mother....

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I think the Barry we know, knows he can't chanche anything. And goes back to make sure everything stays the same actually. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one that kills his mother....

Oh...wowl:patrice:That would be a serious twist on things. I think if he was to do that, I think it would be by accident though. I feel that Barry would want to chance it so that both of his parents could be alive, living together. Now I wonder, if the does manage to save his mom and defeat the Reverse Flash, then would he cease to exist as the Flash as Wells would've been the one to cause the Generator to explode in Star City to give Barry his powers? But with Wells gone, there would be no cause of that and he could have a normal life...on a different time plane which would mean that with the current Barry Allen being the Flash, he would still have to go back to his own timeline to see if anything were to change....damn this is confusing as it go in so many different directions with multiple consequences.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Oh...wowl:patrice:That would be a serious twist on things. I think if he was to do that, I think it would be by accident though. I feel that Barry would want to chance it so that both of his parents could be alive, living together. Now I wonder, if the does manage to save his mom and defeat the Reverse Flash, then would he cease to exist as the Flash as Wells would've been the one to cause the Generator to explode in Star City to give Barry his powers? But with Wells gone, there would be no cause of that and he could have a normal life...on a different time plane which would mean that with the current Barry Allen being the Flash, he would still have to go back to his own timeline to see if anything were to change....damn this is confusing as it go in so many different directions with multiple consequences.

Throught out every timeline Barry remembers. So even if the acelator never happened he would do the experiment on himself ala Flashpoint to get the powers and fix the timeline...
And he pretty much cant go back to the original timeline... it doesnt exist... he can go back to events that are basically common amongst them but the original is gone...

I thing thats the best way for the show to handle it... just show 1 timeline ...

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Throught out every timeline Barry remembers. So even if the acelator never happened he would do the experiment on himself ala Flashpoint to get the powers and fix the timeline...
And he pretty much cant go back to the original timeline... it doesnt exist... he can go back to events that are basically common amongst them but the original is gone...

I thing thats the best way for the show to handle it... just show 1 timeline ...

Dang...there is levels to this time travel. I'm not too familiar with The Flash comic book storylines so I'm literally just going off the cuff and taking guesses here. I think that 1 timeline would be best as things could get pretty messy if multiple timelines were to happen. Still...I'm wondering if what you said is the case, will they stick to the storyline script in the comic books or re-route the whole thing entirely. We are a long way from the true End Game so it could be possible that multiple timelines would be in play.