‘The Flash’ official movie thread

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
This thread became toxic and got overrun and ruined by the Marvel fans coming in, celebrating, causing arguments, and acting like children but now it seems to have calmed down. I enjoyed the movie, but I guess I'm easier to please. I particularly liked the scene where Flash saw other universes like Christopher Reeve's Superman and Adam West's Batman. Keaton was great as always and I liked the actress who played Supergirl. It's a shame that it flopped, because that put the kibosh on the Batman Beyond movie. As I was telling a Snyder-verse troll, who still believes this cinematic universe can be saved, on social media today; I would’ve loved to have seen what the Snyder verse had to offer in the future, especially when it came to Darkseid (who would’ve made Thanos look like a saint) and the Knightmare universe, but this series has had more misses than hits recently and there’s too much of a mess to be undone. The reboot is for the best and I wish them all the best.
For me personally, I grew up with Marvel AND DC, and like both properties equally. My older brother was an avid comic collector and so I read lots of his DC and Marvel books before going on to collect a bit myself. Loved Batman, TAS, Batman Beyond on to Justice League, Young Justice, the animated movies (which I still watch), etc. Watched the first few seasons of The Flash, before it lost my interest, few seasons of Supergirl, the Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy, and on and on. I WANTED (and still want) DC to produce a cinematic universe on par with what Marvel has done.

Obviously, this is all subjective and people are free to enjoy what they like. If they liked the Snyderverse, then that's their prerogative as much as it is for people who didn't enjoy it. Personally, I felt that Snyer was all wrong from the start and I had bad feeling that his "vision" would end up being a disaster. I was sadly correct. Snyder has a misunderstanding/outright disdain for a lot of what makes DC special, and his commentary and decisions on various matters concerning it illustrated this (Batman would be raped in jail in my movie, killing off dikk Grayson before he even became Robin to start that universe, killing Jimmy Olsen as an afterthought, etc.). A lot of his casting choices were baffling - Ezra Miller, Eisenberg at the top. Momoa gets by on charisma, but is a far cry from the source material, Gadot can't act and even if some people enjoy her in the role (I never did), there were other much more charismatic actors that would have done far better. I did enjoy Cavill, but he was saddled with a mopey, depressed Superman for most of his tenure. Affleck was serviceable, but don't get having a Batman that age to START your cinematic universe.

At the end of the day, regardless of one's personal feelings for the Snyderverse, the GA checked out. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were anomalies, but there never was a sense of a brand loyalty, rather people decided those movies were good but it didn't translate to wanting to support other movies in that universe. It's had like 6 flops in a row now.

It should have been clear a long time ago, but most certainly now that this universe is dead. There is a big difference between those that enjoy the Snyderverse and DC fans in general. I'm no less a fan of DC because I feel the same way most have - it didn't work and hope that Gunn, against a rather large tide, is able to right the ship and put together movies that are not only good, but have wide appeal. DC's characters deserve that.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope DC sees this universe is not salvageable. Once they lose a ton of money on Blue Beetle they need to do a hard reset.

But still make Peacemaker season 2 please. :whoa:

For as much as I love Peacemaker, I think they’ll come to the conclusion that everything needs to be wiped clean.
Flash is the reset, Gunn has said this.

He’s stated that Peacemaker 2 is still a go and will fit with the new stuff he’s doing.

Kal-El

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This thread became toxic and got overrun and ruined by the Marvel fans coming in, celebrating, causing arguments, and acting like children but now it seems to have calmed down. I enjoyed the movie, but I guess I'm easier to please. I particularly liked the scene where Flash saw other universes like Christopher Reeve's Superman and Adam West's Batman. Keaton was great as always and I liked the actress who played Supergirl. It's a shame that it flopped, because that put the kibosh on the Batman Beyond movie. As I was telling a Snyder-verse troll, who still believes this cinematic universe can be saved, on social media today; I would’ve loved to have seen what the Snyder verse had to offer in the future, especially when it came to Darkseid (who would’ve made Thanos look like a saint) and the Knightmare universe, but this series has had more misses than hits recently and there’s too much of a mess to be undone. The reboot is for the best and I wish them all the best.

This!

They fukked that shyt up and now they going nowhere fast.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Flash is the reset, Gunn has said this.

He’s stated that Peacemaker 2 is still a go and will fit with the new stuff he’s doing.

They doing a poor job of resetting because the same Aquaman is there. When people think of reset they think of new everything. They need a new young Batman along with everything else.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
For me personally, I grew up with Marvel AND DC, and like both properties equally. My older brother was an avid comic collector and so I read lots of his DC and Marvel books before going on to collect a bit myself. Loved Batman, TAS, Batman Beyond on to Justice League, Young Justice, the animated movies (which I still watch), etc. Watched the first few seasons of The Flash, before it lost my interest, few seasons of Supergirl, the Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy, and on and on. I WANTED (and still want) DC to produce a cinematic universe on par with what Marvel has done.

Obviously, this is all subjective and people are free to enjoy what they like. If they liked the Snyderverse, then that's their prerogative as much as it is for people who didn't enjoy it. Personally, I felt that Snyer was all wrong from the start and I had bad feeling that his "vision" would end up being a disaster. I was sadly correct. Snyder has a misunderstanding/outright disdain for a lot of what makes DC special, and his commentary and decisions on various matters concerning it illustrated this (Batman would be raped in jail in my movie, killing off dikk Grayson before he even became Robin to start that universe, killing Jimmy Olsen as an afterthought, etc.). A lot of his casting choices were baffling - Ezra Miller, Eisenberg at the top. Momoa gets by on charisma, but is a far cry from the source material, Gadot can't act and even if some people enjoy her in the role (I never did), there were other much more charismatic actors that would have done far better. I did enjoy Cavill, but he was saddled with a mopey, depressed Superman for most of his tenure. Affleck was serviceable, but don't get having a Batman that age to START your cinematic universe.

At the end of the day, regardless of one's personal feelings for the Snyderverse, the GA checked out. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were anomalies, but there never was a sense of a brand loyalty, rather people decided those movies were good but it didn't translate to wanting to support other movies in that universe. It's had like 6 flops in a row now.

It should have been clear a long time ago, but most certainly now that this universe is dead. There is a big difference between those that enjoy the Snyderverse and DC fans in general. I'm no less a fan of DC because I feel the same way most have - it didn't work and hope that Gunn, against a rather large tide, is able to right the ship and put together movies that are not only good, but have wide appeal. DC's characters deserve that.
Outside of Spider-Man DC easily had the more famous and popular superheroes, at least to the casual superhero fan. Hardcore comic nerds know way more than the general movie audience. Several Marvel characters became famous because of their MCU adaptation. Ironman, Captain Marvel, Captain America...in the grand scheme of things, no one cared about them...compare that to the name recognition of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc.

DC fumbled their movie process majorly. The good news is the name recognition of the heroes is strong enough for them to succeed. I think the DCEU screwed up trying to emulate Avengers...which was an extremely ambitious movie at the time. It would be better off starting with an already formed/semi-formed Justice League than building up solo movies over years to get to a point we already know is coming. Since we've seen it done with Avengers already, it would be less impressive anyway.

That way they can focus less on blending their storylines, and more on developing the specific heroes and more importantly their villains...which is important. These characters are so overpowered, it's essential you display how much of a threat Bane, Captain Cold, Circe, Zod, Darksied are....otherwise

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
1. WB aka James Gunn and Zaslav thought people would forget about Ezra's foolishness. But nope. They stayed home because of him.

2. Even if he wasn't a lunatic, Ezra just isn't a big box office draw. And never has been.

3. Keaton hasn't been Batman in 30 years.

4. No one cares about Supergirl.

5. The movie itself is mediocre.

So if they had focused on Ben Affleck as Batman, brought in Cavill as Superman, possibly Grant Gustin as the Flash, and possibly Aquaman the movie would have done 90-100 Million for its opening weekend.

Instead of 55 Million :scust:
shyt you do all of this might as well stop calling it a flash movie and call it a justice league movie

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of Spider-Man DC easily had the more famous and popular superheroes, at least to the casual superhero fan. Hardcore comic nerds know way more than the general movie audience. Several Marvel characters became famous because of their MCU adaptation. Ironman, Captain Marvel, Captain America...in the grand scheme of things, no one cared about them...compare that to the name recognition of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc.

DC fumbled their movie process majorly. The good news is the name recognition of the heroes is strong enough for them to succeed. I think the DCEU screwed up trying to emulate Avengers...which was an extremely ambitious movie at the time. It would be better off starting with an already formed/semi-formed Justice League than building up solo movies over years to get to a point we already know is coming. Since we've seen it done with Avengers already, it would be less impressive anyway.

That way they can focus less on blending their storylines, and more on developing the specific heroes and more importantly their villains...which is important. These characters are so overpowered, it's essential you display how much of a threat Bane, Captain Cold, Circe, Zod, Darksied are....otherwise
Studio interference is the biggest problem. ZS was forming something different but the studio wanted something like the MCU.