‘The Flash’ official movie thread

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I understand Shazam 2 flopping but this one really surprised me

1. WB aka James Gunn and Zaslav thought people would forget about Ezra's foolishness. But nope. They stayed home because of him.

2. Even if he wasn't a lunatic, Ezra just isn't a big box office draw. And never has been.

3. Keaton hasn't been Batman in 30 years.

4. No one cares about Supergirl.

5. The movie itself is mediocre.

So if they had focused on Ben Affleck as Batman, brought in Cavill as Superman, possibly Grant Gustin as the Flash, and possibly Aquaman the movie would have done 90-100 Million for its opening weekend.

Instead of 55 Million :scust:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. WB aka James Gunn and Zaslav thought people would forget about Ezra's foolishness. But nope. They stayed home because of him.

2. Even if he wasn't a lunatic, Ezra just isn't a big box office draw. And never has been.

So if they had focused on Ben Affleck as Batman, brought in Cavill as Superman, possibly Grant Gustin as the Flash, and possibly Aquaman the movie would have done 90-100 Million for its opening weekend.

Nah, this movie was going to tank regardless. Doing all that would've just increased the budget. There's no reason for anyone outside of DC loyalists to be invested in a story that's not going anywhere. The casual audience checked out a long time ago.

If Blue Beetle flops and Aquaman doesn't do big numbers they might as well just stick to Batman for a while to get away from the stench of the DCEU.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Nah, this movie was going to tank regardless. Doing all that would've just increased the budget. There's no reason for anyone outside of DC loyalists to be invested in a story that's not going anywhere. The casual audience checked out a long time ago.

If Blue Beetle flops and Aquaman doesn't do big numbers they might as well just stick to Batman for a while to get away from the stench of the DCEU.
Nobody would be invested in no damn beetle over the god damn flash :dead:

Being worried about aqua man when you think of the first? :mjlol:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm pretty sure it's because of Ezra's crazy shyt and that they publicly said that Gunn is going to reboot the universe, and that killed any momentum for the DC Snyderverse movies afterwards

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Star power doesn't matter with superhero movies. People go for the characters. Now if the actor has been in a lot of negative press that could negatively affect the box office.
shyt this mf grooming girls and going full charles manson:damn:
Abusing indigenous women even

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
This thread became toxic and got overrun and ruined by the Marvel fans coming in, celebrating, causing arguments, and acting like children but now it seems to have calmed down. I enjoyed the movie, but I guess I'm easier to please. I particularly liked the scene where Flash saw other universes like Christopher Reeve's Superman and Adam West's Batman. Keaton was great as always and I liked the actress who played Supergirl. It's a shame that it flopped, because that put the kibosh on the Batman Beyond movie. As I was telling a Snyder-verse troll, who still believes this cinematic universe can be saved, on social media today; I would’ve loved to have seen what the Snyder verse had to offer in the future, especially when it came to Darkseid (who would’ve made Thanos look like a saint) and the Knightmare universe, but this series has had more misses than hits recently and there’s too much of a mess to be undone. The reboot is for the best and I wish them all the best.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

I think you're overstating number one. The average person isn't is as online as us or follows the industry like we do and probably doesn't even know about that shyt.

And people go for the character and not the actor. I guess I thought Flash was a bigger deal.

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Most recent example is Tom Holland. No one is seeing his non-Spider-Man movies. Also most people never seen him in anything before he appeared in the MCU
Screenshot-20230625-214550-Brave.jpg

Surely made more than the flash will :heh: