‘The Flash’ official movie thread

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They never should have gone the 'goofy' route with Flash. They played Wally like that, but Barry is supposed to be cool
Barry should've never came back. Wally had actual growth as a character and personality that garnered fans. Same thing with Kyle but then Geoff Johns brought Hal and Barry back because that's who he grew up up on and Wally and Kyle have been thrown to the back burner ever since. Went from main-eventers to midcard :francis:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Barry should've never came back. Wally had actual growth as a character and personality that garnered fans. Same thing with Kyle but then Geoff Johns brought Hal and Barry back because that's who he grew up up on and Wally and Kyle have been thrown to the back burner ever since. Went from main-eventers to midcard :francis:
Yea. When I first started reading comics, Barry was dead and Hal destroyed Coast City

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea. When I first started reading comics, Barry was dead and Hal destroyed Coast City
And the only ones that missed Barry and Hal were the old heads. Old heads have stunted growth in comics for decades because they are scared of change.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
And the only ones that missed Barry and Hal were the old heads. Old heads have stunted growth in comics for decades because they are scared of change.
DC characters in general are old fashioned. They’re too perfect and idealistic in our world. We like our characters with edge and limits and issues.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
They were on some sh!t for a minute. If fans didn't rage at the idea I think Didio tried to kill Nightwing around Infinite Crisis. Wally just started getting his mojo back in the last couple years. Kyle tho....:to:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yeah someone should have told Geoff no on that shyt..

Hal was one thing... but Wally had been THE main Flash since right after COIE. Barry should have stayed dead.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC characters in general are old fashioned. They’re too perfect and idealistic in our world. We like our characters with edge and limits and issues.
Growing up reading comics through the 90s, I don't think they were old fashion. In other media, I noticed their portrayal gave off that aura. I'm out of mainstream comics now but I think in recent years they have been trying to bring that vibe to comics.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
They never should have gone the 'goofy' route with Flash. They played Wally like that, but Barry is supposed to be cool

This as well. Because even Barry from the The Flash TV Show wasn't goofy. So for the film it just made more sense to put a serious Barry on screen.

And I think this is partly why Holland's Spiderman is lame and doesn't work well.

Because his character acts goofy. Whereas Garfield and Maguire have serious acting Spiderman characters and are taken more seriously by fans.

Last edited:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Growing up reading comics through the 90s, I don't think they were old fashion. In other media, I noticed their portrayal gave off that aura. I'm out of mainstream comics now but I think in recent years they have been trying to bring that vibe to comics.
They reflected the era they were created in. Those guys back in the day were pretty serious people. All very buttoned up. Everyone wore suits, fedoras. Look at the old photos of people during the time these characters were created. That's the vibe. I didn't read too much Flash but when I was a kid there was Flash TV show where he was a pretty serious dude. They all were. Actually, the goofiest hero was Batman (Adam West). Funny how things change.

I don't know about now. I know the comics changed out some characters. I'm betting that Gunn will add a lot of humor and goofiness into the new DCU. I bet he'll hire some goofy directors too like Taika Waititi. They love each other.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They reflected the era they were created in. Those guys back in the day were pretty serious people. All very buttoned up. Everyone wore suits, fedoras. Look at the old photos of people during the time these characters were created. That's the vibe. I didn't read too much Flash but when I was a kid there was Flash TV show where he was a pretty serious dude. They all were. Actually, the goofiest hero was Batman (Adam West). Funny how things change.

I don't know about now. I know the comics changed out some characters. I'm betting that Gunn will add a lot of humor and goofiness into the new DCU. I bet he'll hire some goofy directors too like Taika Waititi. They love each other.
I don't believe that was reflected in the comics by the time I was reading.
Wally was already The Flash by the time that show came out. I don't know why they chose Barry because Wally was way more popular which is why they killed him off during CoIE. The Flash portrayed in JLU was basically Wally West

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjtf: how did it go so wrong

How strange

After Batgirl got axed and people were asking why Flash wasn't getting canned in spite of low hype and Erza fukkery, all these DC clowns were swearing up and down that this is different and they had to release it to salvage the budget. This was before any marketing for the movie started too :mjpls:

They also claimed it was just to fire to be cancelled :mjlol: These mfs are absolutely full of shyt hypocrites and the studio showed their hand when they were talking about bringing Erza back for a sequel as this drew near opening weekend.

Dude is getting favorable treatment for sure and everyone in this thread who was juelzing should be tarred & feathered

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I don't believe that was reflected in the comics by the time I was reading.
Wally was already The Flash by the time that show came out. I don't know why they chose Barry because Wally was way more popular which is why they killed him off during CoIE. The Flash portrayed in JLU was basically Wally West
I'm mad old. I only know Barry.

Daps

Kyle ain't Green Lantern no more? :what: