‘The Flash’ official movie thread

Daps
I feel like they're putting Flash in a weird position for any other movies going forward.

Considering you started with "Big multiversal chaos with two Flashes, three Batmen and a Supergirl," how are they gonna do another Flash movie where he fights Captain Cold or some shyt? General audiences are gonna look at that and be like, "That's some CW shyt. :camby:"

I wonder the same about Miles since his first box office movie was Spider-Verse.

Fact of the matter is... Captain Cold was always a dumb villain for the Flash.

Most of his villains are dumb. The only thing he should be fighting are kryptonians (or folks stronger or faster than kryptonians), reality warpers and other speedsters. That's the only thing that would make a character like Flash believable.

Edit: Telepaths too as thought travels at the speed of light.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I feel like they're putting Flash in a weird position for any other movies going forward.

Considering you started with "Big multiversal chaos with two Flashes, three Batmen and a Supergirl," how are they gonna do another Flash movie where he fights Captain Cold or some shyt? General audiences are gonna look at that and be like, "That's some CW shyt. :camby:"

I wonder the same about Miles since his first box office movie was Spider-Verse.
It’ll probably be a new version of him just starting out but we’ll see I doubt they’ll do something like reverse flash it’ll have to be like gorilla grod or something

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did we all watch the same movie?

I don’t know where all the complaining is coming from, this shyt was good as fukk. I enjoyed the movie.

If this had marvel written upfront, you all would be raving.

Solid 8.5/10.

Nah we clearly did not watch the same movie. You must've watched the 2013 animated Flashpoint Paradox or something.

Daps
@Deltron @MischievousMonkey , let’s not act like we remember everything from our life. I can’t recall what I did last week. I look at old pictures and don’t remember taking them. :skip:

There's this really nice pic of me when I was like 16, and after some years, somebody sent it to me and I legit don't remember taking it. I dont even remember who snapped the pic. I remember seeing the pic in the past, but I have no recollection anymore of the actual day that I took it.

Daps

They bet the farm on that clown Ezra and the film still flopped :mjlol:

They should have brought in Grant Gustin instead.

Wow!!! I didn't know it was going to be this bad. Wow!!!

I kinda wanted to see DC finally get a W, but all pedos and groomers and abusers should go to hell, so eff em :manny:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Nah its the same for marvel but marvel has been doing it since day one hence the marvel formula.

But DC hasnt, problem is they dont know what to do go more serious like man of steel or action comedy like this. Pick one thats all im saying.

I know super hero movies have to be for everyone but then you have the batman which restores the feeling of finally seeing a super hero movie for grown ups

And im like DC this is you lane just keep doing this.

Also the trailer made it look like it was going to be a more serious movie which threw me off.

Anyway it is what it is. Wasted money tbh
They can do both, it depends on the character. A Batman movie should be serious. A Flash, Shazam, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, etc movie should have jokes and be more light-hearted but also be serious when appropriate. A Superman movie should be serious but still have some lighthearted moments because even though Superman is a serious hero, he's still supposed to inspire hope.

Daps
They may have overestimated the Keaton stimulus. I was born in 86 and I BARELY care about Batman ‘89 and Returns. The animated series is what really locked me into the character. I seriously doubt later millennials and gen z’ers were clamoring to see Keaton put the cowl on again.

This is how I feel. Batman 89 was good back in those days but it's unwatchable now. Back then, all those Batman movies seemed incredible cause we had nothing to compare them to. Since then we've had Thanos on screen, Spiderman (3 different iterations), and so much other stuff.

Ain't nobody going crazy over 70 year old Keaton in the batsuit.

Not in 2023.

Daps
They have several financial successes. You starting to sound like the MCU stan that got called out on the last page :lolbron:

Anyway who cares the reboot is finally coming

I'm not talking about financial success.

Thor love and thunder was a "financial success" and so was Iron Man 3 and we pretty much universally accept that they're trash.

When I was going to theaters, I would go see every single comic book movie. Why? Cause I love the genre. Even if I thought it was gonna be trash, I would still go see them.

People like me are what makes these movies financial successes. Doesn't mean we like them.

I watched all the D+ shows but I can tell you right now they were mostly trash. There were a few good moments here and there but they didn't have MCU quality that I'm used to.

But I still watched.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
You talk to me about babbling when that’s exactly what you’re doing. Another mu fukka on this site who doesnt have self-awareness.

I’m not even gonna try to go on about this since there’s no point arguing with a brick wall. You can’t even comprehend being locked up for years with lack of nutrition and exercise And understand what that does to the anatomy of a person. :snoop:
I pointed out how flash movie can turn back time in one movie, but then suddenly can't in the next movie. You then tag me saying "its inevitable"...we get that, but why wasn't it inevitable in justice league? you can't even explain that....just accept its BAD WRITING!

Lack of nutrition, exercise and the anatomy of a person? ....we talking about a super person dawg :mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
They may have overestimated the Keaton stimulus. I was born in 86 and I BARELY care about Batman ‘89 and Returns. The animated series is what really locked me into the character. I seriously doubt later millennials and gen z’ers were clamoring to see Keaton put the cowl on again.
Keaton is the GOAT Batman. Period.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I pointed out how flash movie can turn back time in one movie, but then suddenly can't in the next movie. You then tag me saying "its inevitable"...we get that, but why wasn't it inevitable in justice league? you can't even explain that....just accept its BAD WRITING!

Lack of nutrition, exercise and the anatomy of a person? ....we talking about a super person dawg :mjlol:

I’m not even talking about the JL movie. :childplease:

You wanna compare Superman with years of exposure to the sun to Supergirl 2 days outta the pen. Sit the fukk down. :dead:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Lmao. People were really thinking that Keaton nostalgia would push this into 800m+ territory.

They decided to keep doubling down on the failed Snyderverse despite the general public despising it plus decided to put out a movie with the degenerate Ezra and so this is what they get.

I hope Gunn can save things but he needs to really make sure the general public understands that the new movies will have nothing to do with the shytty Snyder films.
Snyder wasn’t the issue at DC. The execs were. The worst DC movies of the last few years Snyder had zero to do with. The best ones were some of the ones he did.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I explained in an earlier post, the issue is that VFX artists are overworked and many of the best VFX houses don't fukk with comic book movies anymore.

Expect to see more shytty CGI from DC and Marvel
Yup. I heard they HATE dealing with Marvel. Marvel treated them like shyt.