‘The Flash’ official movie thread

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
was the slo mo/cgi supposed to look like that for real though?

the opening scenes at the hospital looked pretty bad, especially the babies

and when he goes through time...why did it look like PS3 cut scenes?

Nic Cage as Supes looked pretty bad.

That was supposed to be reeves too right?

I kinda liked how there really wasn't a "Bad guy" beyond flash being an idiot and creating his own bad guy....but I think we all kinda saw that coming

and all the BttF references w/ etic stolz had me :dead:

makes me wonder how foot loose w/ MJF would be...or Top gun w/ Bacon would be...:russ:

if Val was in better health, I'm sure he would've made a cameo too.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
It was like a less swaggy spider-verse but i enjoyed it, mostly the second half. I actually found the first half of the movie extremely bad, bad cgi, bad acting, bad plot, etc. this movie was a good way to dead snyderverse and start fresh 6/10

Movie is only worth it for batman and the Spanish chick playing super girl is hot :yeshrug:

Chick that plays iris is kind of goofy looking

Both Ezra’s annoyed me, he sucks. Glad he’s done in hollywood
think she gained weight since JL movie

there's another cuter light skin shorty tho :troll:

Black Adam star Quintessa Swindell talks playing Cyclone | EW.com

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I didn’t like this. But I do think it had a lot to do with the time travel premise. I really hate time manipulation as a plot device and I thought that the treatment of it here was ridiculous to the point of incredulity. I agree with those who said Ezra is annoying. Dude is borderline histrionic with all his yelling. He chews up his scenes with melodrama. That’s not good acting. The only thing I enjoyed was Batman and it wasn’t enough to make the movie more palatable. 5/10.

Yeah I'm not buying this "best DC movie ever" hype. It's not even the best DCEU movie, and that's not a very high bar to clear. I'd place The Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and both Shazam movies ahead of this.
Hard agree. All of those movies were much more entertaining and solid from a writing standpoint.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I didn’t like this. But I do think it had a lot to do with the time travel premise. I really hate time manipulation as a plot device and I thought that the treatment of it here was ridiculous to the point of incredulity. I agree with those who said Ezra is annoying. Dude is borderline histrionic with all his yelling. He chews up his scenes with melodrama. That’s not good acting. The only thing I enjoyed was Batman and it wasn’t enough to make the movie more palatable. 5/10.

Hard agree. All of those movies were much more entertaining and solid from a writing standpoint.
one thing I don't get is with how "established" he was by this film why he only figured out he could time travel now...seemed like a random occurrence just for this movie to exist.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Saw it tonight. I liked it, but the 2nd half was way better than the first.

The Nicolas Cage cameo was a DEEP pull. It made me feel make a total dork because I was the only one marking out when I saw his face.

At first I though it was gonna be the Brandon Routh Superman, but when I saw the giant spider I instantly though about the Kevin Smith story and I'm like, "naw it can't be" then they showed Cage's face I couldn't believe it.

The CGI on those falling babies was ridiculously bad.

i honestly dont know how that baby scene went through post without no one giving it another pass through. Like it just looked unfinished and there was a point where i was wondering if they were just fake babies for some reason. Weird to have such a high budget movie like this with such glaringly bad cgi, I’d expect to see something like that on network tv in the 2000’s
What if it was bad on purpose to not cause any groups to go into an uproar... and i'm referring to ONLY the
babies

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
What if it was bad on purpose to not cause any groups to go into an uproar... and i'm referring to ONLY the
babies

It wasn't bad on purpose. It was bad because Muschietti had no idea what he was doing as a director. And even Marvel admits they screwed up with their cgi they don't lie and say it was deliberately bad :mjlol:

And Snyder's Justice League for example was miles better than this disaster because he actually cared to get the script and cgi right.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Its bad when the only parts of the movie that are highly enjoyable are literally things that are from other movies or not tied to the main character or plot

The movie just felt like a Keaton batman send off
And who really needed that tbh. I thought Keaton was the best part but it was just nostalgia purposes