Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It was good
Watching tonight
How many credit scenes?
One all the way at the end

But it's only useful in the sense that it simply makes it so that everything is going to be fine by the time the 2nd Aquaman movie happens

If he can be telling Arthur about this entire ordeal where he spaghetti'd the multiverse then that means everything has been fixed "good enough" by then

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first act of this movie was not good. That scene of Barry saving the babies in the hospital is not only stupid AF, but also dangerous and irresponsible. Who knows what kind of defects those babies have now. :smh:

It made Barry look like a total jackass too, since he should have just ran up there as soon as Alfred said the foundation was about to fall apart. The rest of the scene could have played out the similarly. The CGI looked like shyt too.

Both DCEU movies this year had Gal Gadot cameos, but they scrapped her solo movie. :dead: If she shows up in Blue Beetle or Aquaman 2 I'm gonna be :beli:.

Why they keep trying to make Iris black? First the CW show, now the movie. Trying to turn Iris West into Iris Wench. :mjpls:

Once Barry goes back into the past and meets his younger self and his parents is when the movie really starts going. I hate to say it because Ezra Miller is persona non grata, but they were actually really good in those scenes. The scenes where Barry plays off his younger self actually work really well, and Ezra does a good job distinguishing the two in their performance. In the first act Barry acts like Rain Man, but as the movie goes on he actually acts normal.

Of course once Michael Keaton comes in the movie goes into full gear. Interesting that they ignored the Scumacher films. Obviously Keaton wasn't in those, but I was surprised they didn't imply that he ever had a Robin in this universe.

Sasha Calle :noah: ShewassohotIjustwanthertosteponmeandsitonmyfacewhilewearingtheSupergirlsuit.

That final battle did not look good. As much as we shyt on the green screen and bad CGI of the Marvel movies, the DC ones aren't any better. That shyt looked janky as hell, like those weird "Sell the Snyderverse to Netflix" videos people were doing a while back. :hhh:

I did really like the climax. Interesting to compare and contrast the "Inevitable intersection" of this movie and the "Canon event" in Across the Spyderverse.

That scene of adult Barry meeting his mom the last time was really sweet, but I feel like 99% of women would be like :wtf: if some grown ass man starts crying to them in the middle of the supermarket. I get that there's an implication that she knew it was him and there's some "motherly intuition" that mothers have in fiction when they meet their adult children from the future, but Barry was lucky he didn't get pepper sprayed or some shyt.

I was :beli: at the Nicolas Cage cameo, but I was :russ: at the George Clooney one. I was confused at first because it was clearly not Ben Affleck's voice on the phone, but when George Clooney popped out the car I was :mjlol:

Post-credits scene was stupid, and just leaves you with more questions than answers.

For this to be the DCEU's version of Flashpoint it really doesn't make clear what the state of the universe is. Obviously, Affleck, Cavill, Ray Fisher and Gal Gadot are all out. But is Jason Mamoa staying on as Aquaman? It would make more sense than making him Lobo. I know damn well they're not keeping Ezra Miller around after all the shyt they pulled. They're lucky if this movie doesn't flop or get review bombed because of Ezra.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The first act of this movie was not good. That scene of Barry saving the babies in the hospital is not only stupid AF, but also dangerous and irresponsible. Who knows what kind of defects those babies have now. :smh:

It made Barry look like a total jackass too, since he should have just ran up there as soon as Alfred said the foundation was about to fall apart. The rest of the scene could have played out the similarly. The CGI looked like shyt too.

Both DCEU movies this year had Gal Gadot cameos, but they scrapped her solo movie. :dead: If she shows up in Blue Beetle or Aquaman 2 I'm gonna be :beli:.

Why they keep trying to make Iris black? First the CW show, now the movie. Trying to turn Iris West into Iris Wench. :mjpls:

Once Barry goes back into the past and meets his younger self and his parents is when the movie really starts going. I hate to say it because Ezra Miller is persona non grata, but they were actually really good in those scenes. The scenes where Barry plays off his younger self actually work really well, and Ezra does a good job distinguishing the two in their performance. In the first act Barry acts like Rain Man, but as the movie goes on he actually acts normal.

Of course once Michael Keaton comes in the movie goes into full gear. Interesting that they ignored the Scumacher films. Obviously Keaton wasn't in those, but I was surprised they didn't imply that he ever had a Robin in this universe.

Sasha Calle :noah: ShewassohotIjustwanthertosteponmeandsitonmyfacewhilewearingtheSupergirlsuit.

That final battle did not look good. As much as we shyt on the green screen and bad CGI of the Marvel movies, the DC ones aren't any better. That shyt looked janky as hell, like those weird "Sell the Snyderverse to Netflix" videos people were doing a while back. :hhh:

I did really like the climax. Interesting to compare and contrast the "Inevitable intersection" of this movie and the "Canon event" in Across the Spyderverse.

That scene of adult Barry meeting his mom the last time was really sweet, but I feel like 99% of women would be like :wtf: if some grown ass man starts crying to them in the middle of the supermarket. I get that there's an implication that she knew it was him and there's some "motherly intuition" that mothers have in fiction when they meet their adult children from the future, but Barry was lucky he didn't get pepper sprayed or some shyt.

I was :beli: at the Nicolas Cage cameo, but I was :russ: at the George Clooney one. I was confused at first because it was clearly not Ben Affleck's voice on the phone, but when George Clooney popped out the car I was :mjlol:

Post-credits scene was stupid, and just leaves you with more questions than answers.

For this to be the DCEU's version of Flashpoint it really doesn't make clear what the state of the universe is. Obviously, Affleck, Cavill, Ray Fisher and Gal Gadot are all out. But is Jason Mamoa staying on as Aquaman? It would make more sense than making him Lobo. I know damn well they're not keeping Ezra Miller around after all the shyt they pulled. They're lucky if this movie doesn't flop or get review bombed because of Ezra.
Only reason I think they left Mamoa's scene in was because Aquaman 2 comes out in December. If they announce that he's no longer going to be Aquaman in the Gunn DCU, people aren't going to see Aquaman 2 since there won't be any purpose. It's kind of like how Gunn kind of hinted that Ezra Miller will continue as Barry even though we know damn well WB is getting rid of him but they're holding off announcing it until The Flash has It's theater run.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Non-Binary or whatever. He refers to himself as they/them.
yeah, i just looked it up, and i was think Barry as a little kid was a girl. But apparently it's a little boy. I swear i thought he was a girl and it was tripping me out when he was dancing with the mom.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry the movie was trash. The CGI was CW The Flash bad and at least CW had a valid excuse of not ever having a budget. There's no excuse for a 300M budget film to have this embarrassingly horrible CGI. And speaking of the CW, when they did the Crisis of Infinite Earths, all of those cameo appearances to include the Ezra Miller cameo with done right, this felt rag-tagged in and mostly pointless. And you can tell this went through so many different screenwriters, editors, and directors' hands. The story narratively was all over the place. That's the biggest thing I cannot understand, you have a solid BLUEPRINT laid out for you from both the source material and animated Flashpoint movie. Even the CW's The Flash did flashpoint a big better than this. Zod was a COMPLETE WASTE. I get what the actor was talking about when he said his role was more or less mid. Most of the jokes were forced and ham-fisted. I was more annoyed by this movie.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I knew they shoulda brought in John Wesley Shipp. Kids wanted to see the original Flash

132481.jpg