The Five Heartbeats Appreciation Thread

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
That broad JT and Duck was doin shy brother on who had a man.:wow:

She was TOO FINE....

I would've been fighting every night too:whew:
Nah breh, if you have to fight to prove your love she's not worth fighting for. She was bad, but to be ready to leave with a strange man she just met when she know her man is in the building is beyond disrespectful. I would've been like ol boy that walked out on his girl when she fainted when JT was riffing. That nikka left her right in her seat

five-heartbeats-faint.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nah breh, if you have to fight to prove your love she's not worth fighting for. She was bad, but to be ready to leave with a strange man she just met when she know her man is in the building is beyond disrespectful. I would've been like ol boy that walked out on his girl when she fainted when JT was riffing. That nikka left her right in her seat

five-heartbeats-faint.gif

True true.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Choir Boy with that slick shyt again...

"No word on Eddie:ohhh:"

I can sing his parts:sas1: I know ALL his parts:sas2:

fukk Choir Boy:pacspit:

That was just what u did back then..You rehearsed all the songs and did the gigs the same way night after night, u could sing any range after awhile if somebody didn't show or got sick..that's why a lot of cats were or became producers/arrangers later on in the game

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Dresser's character always had a problem with Eddie.

in the beginning he was like "Look Bobby isn't here yet..........Eddie ain't here either, but we don't really need him"

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ok I just saw the engagement announcement...

JT is still a scumbag but I don't think he realized how DEEP Duck had fallen for ole girl. When he takes Duck out of the room he seems surprised when Duck says he loves her and she loves him. The look on his face is like :wtf: "really nikka. I thought this was community Heartbeat p*ssy!!??!!?"

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I think Dresser's character always had a problem with Eddie.

in the beginning he was like "Look Bobby isn't here yet..........Eddie ain't here either, but we don't really need him"

shyt, we 1st met Eddie and his boy fukkin up a gig, tryna to hustle some nikkas lol Eddie was like a loveable fukk up, but that shyt ain't cool when u got people dependin on ya ass gettin some money playin a gig...But he turnt it out...Awww Ohh ohhh ain't got no money...ain't got no fancy caar...Doon't live the life of a millionare or a moovie staar :blessed:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Love this part of the movie and watched this clip just now about 3 times. When Choir boy comes back that part always has me :wow:
Choir Boy came from the back like :ahh:

Mannnnnn. I came back from FLA to visit my folks in PA. This was about 8 years ago. Go to my brothers house and he threw a lil party. We get DRUNNKKKKK.:drunk: All the party people eventually leave and his wife goes to bed. Its me and my brother in the kitchen doing shots of Grey Goose. :cheers:

We somehow get to talking about the 5 Heartbeats.

Brother - man I still love that movie!!! :lolbron:

Me - Me too! Its crazy Leon played in the Heartbeats and the Temptations movie! :ohhh:

Brother - No he didnt! :dwillhuh:

Me - Nah for reals. He was in both bro! You didnt know that?? :ohhh:

Brother - NOOOOO HE DIDNT!! :birdman:

Me - :dahell: You trying me lil brother?? :shaq2:

We almost came or fisticuffs over this in his kitchen at 4am. :snoop:

In out drunken haze it did not occur to us that we could just Google the answer. . Nah. . We called our parents house at 4 in the morning drunk and slurring and yelling over each other trying to ask my mom the question.

The next morning she straight cussed us both smooth out. :why: