the film room being SHOCKINGLY Quiet about FURIOUS 7 being a bigger hit than AVENGERS 2

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You can't give a movie bonus points for a hypothetical number that can't be estimated.

Either way a thrown together "make shyt up as you go" franchise is making the same money worldwide as a studio with 70 years of source material to play with. The producers of the Fast franchise are geniuses so no need to minimize that. :manny:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Either way a thrown together "make shyt up as you go" franchise is making the same money worldwide as a studio with 70 years of source material to play with. The producers of the Fast franchise are geniuses so no need to minimize that. :manny:
Let me state, I love the fast franchise but the way people are trying to use their success to act like Marvel is some how failing by making a billion dollars in less than a month is ridiculous.

I hope both franchises keep going and making cash.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

:deadmanny: @ that bullshyt ass logic.

Cool cars and fine women have been around longer than Marvel comics, so the F&F franchise has way more source material to play with. :troll:

And nobody is minimizing the success of the F&F franchise, stop acting like they're not getting their due or whatever.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So will this thread be made again if batman and friends doesn't crush FF7?

It made over a billion in under a month and already out grossed it domestically. Yall need to get back to the drawing board.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What one could say to that is why aren't all these cool guys/cars situations with Brad Pitt or with Tatum types don't ever make this kind of money..

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Avengers 2 was boring anyways.

Was basically just the first one with a different enemy.

Same ol script, enemy emerges,everyone doing their own thing,enemy seems unbeatable, speech from the heart is given and everyone comes together and realize they need each other to win.

Include some corny jokes, in house fighting like their on big brother, flashbacks big explosions and voila.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: the film room loves to talk about marvel stans but it seems like the haters are more obsessed than the fans :wow:

:pachaha: at that analogy

but :ohhh: at it being true tho

It's Nas (DC) vs. Jay-Z (Marvel) circa 2002 all over again

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
kinda off topic but its funny peepin the highest grossest movie since 1980.. it's all popcorn movies and then you see Rain Man and Forrest Gump :mindblown:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/

The two most surprising movies on that list are Three Men and A Baby and The Grinch. Those were dark years, man.

"three men and a baby" :dwillhuh: never heard of it

It is literally about three guys who have a baby dropped off at their doorstep and they take care of it. Think Big Daddy with twice the Sandler.

It did star 3 of the biggest names of that time though so I guess that's understandable. I'm only aware of it because it's one of my mom's favorite movies. And they even got a sequel.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Speaking of...

kinda off topic but its funny peepin the highest grossest movie since 1980.. it's all popcorn movies and then you see Rain Man and Forrest Gump :mindblown:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/

This my brehs, is part of the biggest lesson in movie history.

tumblr_m9vtc8Eq8q1rwhmdho1_250.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Avengers 2 was boring anyways.

Was basically just the first one with a different enemy.

Same ol script, enemy emerges,everyone doing their own thing,enemy seems unbeatable, speech from the heart is given and everyone comes together and realize they need each other to win.

Include some corny jokes, in house fighting like their on big brother, flashbacks big explosions and voila.

That middling formula :ohlawd:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:deadmanny: @ that bullshyt ass logic.

Cool cars and fine women have been around longer than Marvel comics, so the F&F franchise has way more source material to play with. :troll:

And nobody is minimizing the success of the F&F franchise, stop acting like they're not getting their due or whatever.

His logic can be turned on him..... FF cinematically been out longer than the MCU and they have more source material too (every star could literally get they own spin off if they wanted) :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
His logic can be turned on him..... FF cinematically been out longer than the MCU and they have more source material too (every star could literally get they own spin off if they wanted) :sas2:

:pachaha: @ comparing a few two hour films to 70 years of comics. FF7 has been out longer, where did I say anything about that? All I said was FF7 didn't bother with 3D in North America and for whatever reason that got these Marvel stans in a frenzy :mjlol: :manny:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:pachaha: @ comparing a few two hour films to 70 years of comics. FF7 has been out longer, where did I say anything about that? All I said was FF7 didn't bother with 3D in North America and for whatever reason that got these Marvel stans in a frenzy :mjlol: :manny:

Cant speak for no one else but "I" cant be a Marvel stan when I liked Green Lantern and tooth and nail defended Man of Steel when EVERYONE was in here shytting on it (solid proof is in that official MOS thread should anyone want to dig it up :sas1: )

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Cant speak for no one else but "I" cant be a Marvel stan when I liked Green Lantern and tooth and nail defended Man of Steel when EVERYONE was in here shytting on it (solid proof is in that official MOS thread should anyone want to dig it up :sas1: )

I made a long thread defending Man of Steel that most people agree with but I never defended Green Lantern nor would I ever. :ld: