the film room being SHOCKINGLY Quiet about FURIOUS 7 being a bigger hit than AVENGERS 2

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
the coli already stated that Paul Walker was never a draw. :mjpls:
tumblr_inline_mhw3zl39fY1qz4rgp.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Avengers 2 dropped the same weekend as the biggest fight in decades and still is pulling in over a billion in a month :mjlol:

all this talk and its still one of the highest grossing films in history :dead:

lets see if nikkas are still fawning over FF7 when Batman and Friends drops, i mean there is no excuse for Batman and his friends to make less than B tier Marvel characters and a random action movie, right :sas2:

How?! :mindblown:

And lol @ making this thread when you know damn well that FF7 got a month's worth of advantage (yet Avengers 2 has already passed its domestic gross) and it's only just begun making waves in some foreign territories.

So maybe we're being 'shockingly' quiet because this comparison makes no sense yet.
:mjlol: the film room loves to talk about marvel stans but it seems like the haters are more obsessed than the fans :wow:

I mean....there's a correlation there though. Those are comic movies....in some cases "rival" comic movies. Not even saying I agree, but I can kinda understand the logic.

This shyt here....is like....the most random comparison in the world, solely for the sake of trying to undermine Marvel's success. It's like saying Jay ain't hot no more because Adele outsold him. You'd have to have a vendetta against Jay to even entertain the comparison.

Fred.
:pachaha: at that analogy

but :ohhh: at it being true tho

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
@Ed MOTHEREFFING G I think Age of Ultron will probably end up passing Furious 7 in the long run but it's important to note (as you did) that Furious 7 is not available in IMAX/3D in North America and I respect that they didn't because all 3D is pretty much a bullshyt cash grab. Only specific films are filmed in 3D.

If anyone wants to take a look at a list of movies that MIGHT be worth watching in 3D, here you go.

http://www.realorfake3d.com/
Wow, I did not know that X-Men DOFP was real 3D, outside of a few scenes, the 3D wasn't all that impressive. Even tho GOTG was fake, the 3D in it looked real good in theaters.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@Ed MOTHEREFFING G I think Age of Ultron will probably end up passing Furious 7 in the long run but it's important to note (as you did) that Furious 7 is not available in IMAX/3D in North America and I respect that they didn't because all 3D is pretty much a bullshyt cash grab. Only specific films are filmed in 3D.

If anyone wants to take a look at a list of movies that MIGHT be worth watching in 3D, here you go.

http://www.realorfake3d.com/
jurassic world is post production 3D??? From the 3D trailer it looked pretty fukking crazy in 3D.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This shyt here....is like....the most random comparison in the world, solely for the sake of trying to undermine Marvel's success.

Nah, it's a perfectly fine comparison. Both are action/adventure blockbuster movies. Both are PG-13. The demographics overlap some though Furious 7 has a more diverse audience. Jay-Z and Adele have nothing in common. Different genre altogether. The demos don't overlap at all.

death in any big franchise is a draw

see how Batman went from 300mil to a billion with the next movie with the dark knight, word of mouth also helped with that as it did with fast 7

Nope. The coli already said that nobody cared about Paul Walker. As for your point about Batman, that was an origin flick that needed to wipe the stink away of the previous two Batman flicks. Ledger's death was a big factor but the movie was going to do big numbers regardless. Batman Begins was very well received and Joker is the most infamous rival.

jurassic world is post production 3D??? From the 3D trailer it looked pretty fukking crazy in 3D.

I could see Jurassic World looking pretty crazy though the trailers haven't done too much for me. The CGI doesn't quite stack up to the practical effects of the original. Post-production 3D doesn't automatically make it a bullshyt cash grab but more often than not you aren't missing much if you watch it in 2D. :manny:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I could see Jurassic World looking pretty crazy though the trailers haven't done too much for me. The CGI doesn't quite stack up to the practical effects of the original. Post-production 3D doesn't automatically make it a bullshyt cash grab but more often than not you aren't missing much if you watch it in 2D. :manny:
To clarify, I think the new jurassic movie looks like shyt. The dinosaurs look fake as fukk, but when I saw the trailer in 3D the 3D was pretty fukking crazy looking, figured it was natively filmed in 3D.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Furious 7:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $345,426,000 23.2%
+ Foreign: $1,145,000,000 76.8%
= Worldwide: $1,490,426,000 (2D ONLY)
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $147,187,040
(#1 rank, 4,004 theaters, $36,760 average)
% of Total Gross: 42.6%

Avengers 2:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $383,170,479 33.2%
+ Foreign: $770,500,000 66.8%
= Worldwide: $1,153,670,479 (INCLUDES IMAX AND 3D PRICES)
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $191,271,109
(#1 rank, 4,276 theaters, $44,731 average)
% of Total Gross: 49.9%

I think its fair to say that in the country that we all live in..... well... yea.... Avengers is bigger.... and it hasnt even been out as long or dropped in all them other countries yet

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The failure of people to grasp the difference between what a 3D ticket costs and a regular ticket is mind numbing. Either nikkas are dumb af or they never seen a movie in 3D :ehh:
It doesn't matter, the studio chose to leave that money on the table and since there is no way of knowing how many people would have paid for 3D bringing it up is pointless.

You can't give a movie bonus points for a hypothetical number that can't be estimated.