the film room being SHOCKINGLY Quiet about FURIOUS 7 being a bigger hit than AVENGERS 2

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah, it's a perfectly fine comparison. Both are action/adventure blockbuster movies. Both are PG-13. The demographics overlap some though Furious 7 has a more diverse audience. Jay-Z and Adele have nothing in common. Different genre altogether. The demos don't overlap at all.

Oh ok.

So if a Marvel stan makes a thread listing the hundreds of action movies the MCU made more money than since 2008....you'll be in there talking about it's a great thread right? Because that's the kind of doors being opened with the faulty ass logic on display here.

Marvel stans at their worst generally stick to comic movie comparisons.....Marvel vs DC, occasionally they'll branch out to a non-MCU movie. But that's their formula.

We can sit here and pretend "action" is a monolithic genre, with no sub-genres or diversity if you want to....but you're fukking DC in the ass, because now not only does "Batman V Superman" have to outperform the entire MCU, it also has to do more than "Furious 7".

You guys sure you don't want this thread to die quietly?

Fred.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
but you're fukking DC in the ass, because now not only does "Batman V Superman" have to outperform the entire MCU, it also has to do more than "Furious 7".

Fred.
they keep ignoring that though :sas1:

i mean if a random action movie is shytting on the avengers then Batman and Friends next year should top FF7 and Avengers 1....by alot:sas2:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
although I thought AoU would be doing better (i'm talking smashing records, said so in many threads), it's still making money and in the end will gross more than F7 (yea I know 3d helps, but so what).....but fukk all that, i'm glad I came in this thread, it's provided a great laugh for me...that one cat said star wars appeals to a certain crowd lol.....man *wipes tears from eyes* that shyt is priceless.....'certain crowd' lmao......

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I'm not sure why you are directing this towards me. I'm a fan of DC and Marvel. Imagine that, someone being able to enjoy both and criticize both. :laugh:

Marvel stans are the types of people who constantly celebrate Disney's monetary gains while seeing none of the profit for themselves. That's embarrassing if you ask me :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure why you are directing this towards me. I'm a fan of DC and Marvel. Imagine that, someone being able to enjoy both and criticize both. :laugh:

Marvel stans are the types of people who constantly celebrate Disney's monetary gains while seeing none of the profit for themselves. That's embarrassing if you ask me :manny:

You can't criticize Marvel stans for getting hyped off how much money the MCU is generating....then do the exact same thing in here, for "Furious 7".

If you're truly a fan of both you have no reason to co-sign this thread, because in the long run it's going to fukk DC. I don't get why that's so hard to understand. Ed is usually a good poster but he didn't think this thread through, at all.

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You can't criticize Marvel stans for getting hyped off how much money the MCU is generating....then do the exact same thing in here, for "Furious 7".

If you're truly a fan of both you have no reason to co-sign this thread, because in the long run it's going to fukk DC. I don't get why that's so hard to understand. Ed is usually a good poster but he didn't think this thread through, at all.

Fred.

And if co-signing this thread won't, them upcoming wack-ass DC movies surely will. :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Fred.

Fam, I've been a huge fan of the Furious franchise since I was a teenager. I spoke about this in the Furious 7 thread but we all went to The Fast and the Furious and have been big fans ever since. We can quote all the lines, etc. It's just a thing we do, a new joint drops and we are there. I've talked about this many times. Of course I'm going to praise what they've done. They turned a solid hit street racing franchise into Ocean's 11 with fast cars and beautiful women. It was a stroke of genius.

I'm not too concerned about what Batman v. Superman does. It should be a huge hit, if it isn't.. I can live. I'm not going to be praising it unless I really enjoy the film itself. It could make well over a billion and if it's not good I won't care..

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Of course I'm going to praise what they've done, while simultaneously trying to shyt on Marvel and dismiss their accomplishments (in a shorter time frame) by bringing up 3D sales.

:ohhh:

I'm not too concerned about what Batman v. Superman does. It should be a huge hit, if it isn't.. I can live.
:troll: we'll remember that if it doesnt outsell Avengers 1 or random action movie part 7

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
EDIT: I can't read for shyt. Thought this was about Mad Max

Fury Road was entertaining, but it was a disappointment too. They turned it into a big "girl power" message and shyt all over Mad Max's character. He was like a supporting character. Plus, it's a reboot so they F up the timeline.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fury Road was entertaining, but it was a disappointment too. They turned it into a big "girl power" message and shyt all over Mad Max's character. He was like a supporting character. Plus, it's a reboot so they F up the timeline.

I don't remember miller saying it was a reboot breh