The Fighting Game Scene No Longer Needs 'Street Fighter' to Thrive

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I mean, Injustice 1 and 2 bodied everything on set....

Capcom's desperate attempt to put their game on evo without a story was laughable, season 2 aka the nerf season, was probably the biggest fail in FGC history.
Tbh I can argue that the AE patch was worse for this game than season 2. If we talking nerfs that patch a few months back was :camby:

Season 2 wasn't as bad as nikkas made it out to be during. Nikkas was bytching way too hard during season 2

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Tbh I can argue that the AE patch was worse for this game than season 2. If we talking nerfs that patch a few months back was :camby:

Season 2 wasn't as bad as nikkas made it out to be during. Nikkas was bytching way too hard during season 2

It was the blatant fukkery wherein they nerfed everyone with reach. Nash was made ineffectual, R.Mika literally lost a bread and butter combo for no reason, and Ryu became obsolete. I've never seen Ryu actually hit the low tier list in all of my years of playing SF. They never stooped that low before. And all that to have a Shoto and Guile claim the top tier ranks....:hhh:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was the blatant fukkery wherein they nerfed everyone with reach. Nash was made ineffectual, R.Mika literally lost a bread and butter combo for no reason, and Ryu became obsolete. I've never seen Ryu actually hit the low tier list in all of my years of playing SF. They never stooped that low before. And all that to have a Shoto and Guile claim the top tier ranks....:hhh:
I feel you bruh trust me I do but this last patch buffing the best characters and nerfing characters nobody even plays anymore was :scust:

Then nikkas nerfed VEGA. Nikkas forgot Vega was even in the game he's so bad and they still nerfed that nikka:mjlol:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Street Fighter's brand and legacy is way too big to be overthrown at this point. Only way another game takes over is if it revolutionizes the genre again

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Street Fighter's brand and legacy is way too big to be overthrown at this point. Only way another game takes over is if it revolutionizes the genre again
don't think it'd even be that hard

smash bros literally forced its way into the FGC and its a party game :dead: imagine if nintendo actually tried

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
don't think it'd even be that hard

smash bros literally forced its way into the FGC and its a party game :dead: imagine if nintendo actually tried

Well smash bros, specifically melee is there because of the overwhelming support from the fans. The cannons would be dumb to ignore melee when its stupidly popular

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Well smash bros, specifically melee is there because of the overwhelming support from the fans. The cannons would be dumb to ignore melee when its stupidly popular
That's what I'm saying.

Smash is a jank as fukk party game that people determined was a fighting game by essentially speaking it into existence. Now its basically immovable. If Nintendo decided to shoot out a real fighting game, SF's pitiful, aging fanbase would capsize overnight. Same if Blizzard or any of the bigger MOBA games decided to make a crossover.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I'm saying.

Smash is a jank as fukk party game that people determined was a fighting game by essentially speaking it into existence. Now its basically immovable. If Nintendo decided to shoot out a real fighting game, SF's pitiful, aging fanbase would capsize overnight. Same if Blizzard or any of the bigger MOBA games decided to make a crossover.

Arc Sys put out a good fighting game using the most iconic anime/manga brand there is, and SF is just fine :ehh:

And SF has a sizeable fanbase as well, with young and old nikkas. Nintendo doesn't really have it in them to put out a straight up fighting game, it's not really their style. SF can only really kill itself

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nintendo does ignore Melee tho. They DESPISE that game and thus they don't support it at all. Melee pot money comes directly from the community

They've tried to replace it with 2 sequels and them nikkas still play melee religiously

On top of that Nintendo hardware is famously durable so they can't even get extra controllers or GameCube sales outta them nikkas so it's even more cause for them to hate the game

Timmy buys a GameCube controller every 5 years playing on an 18 year old GameCube like :umad:

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I'm saying.

Smash is definitely a fighting game.

Those games, notably Melee have all the complex fg situations you'd have in Sf or Tekken. There's legitimate Oki and footsies. There's also a ridiculous amount of spacing knowledge required

The only thing that keeps it from being a fg in the sense we perceive it is the lack of a life bar and the structure of the stages

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Smash is definitely a fighting game.

Those games, notably Melee have all the complex fg situations you'd have in Sf or Tekken. There's legitimate Oki and footsies
Nintendo been on both sides of the fence when it came to defining Smash for years now and even during the big debut direct Sakurai says straight up its not ever been about competitive style play. Off the top of the head, I remember this bit: Masahiro Sakurai Isn't Concerned About Competitive Aspect Of Super Smash Bros.

its a fighting game by the loosest definitions but its not what Nintendo set out to make. The community ran with it and Nintendo still couldn't be bothered to jump into fighting games wholeheartedly.

If Nintendo was serious about making something happen, they'd do it. Just like making Metroid one of the best FPS games of its time and changing Fire Emblem from a niche title to one of the last big SRPGs in the business.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I accept no SFV slander. While they might have fukked up the launch, and some may not like it as much as IV, it’s not a terrible game by any measure.
It's better than SF IV.

People just can't get over the rushed launch