The Fighting Game Scene No Longer Needs 'Street Fighter' to Thrive

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Along with selling characters instead of cosmetics.
I think the slow trickle of characters is better. People are feed up with the "super/arcade/ultra/super ultra editions" The slow drop of characters and updates every year (although pretty much the same thing really) is more acceptable to the masses now.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think the slow trickle of characters is better. People are feed up with the "super/arcade/ultra/super ultra editions" The slow drop of characters and updates every year (although pretty much the same thing really) is more acceptable to the masses now.
I'm cool with that, my problem is that characters are not free. Their excuse is Fight Money, but you have to play it religiously to have enough to buy any characters after you do trials and survival. Charge for all the cosmetic shyt, sure, but the actual characters not being free segments the fans, and turns some people off to the game.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nonsensical, reactionary garbage. Yes, Street Fighter V isn't as popular as past interactions, but it is the king of fighters; there is no fighting game community without it.
This.

I'm all about shytting on Capcom when they fukk up, and they definitely fukk up, but nikkas so eager to get Street Fighter out the paint like it's not the reason all this fgc shyt is poppin in the first place

That said, Namco/Bandai/Harada ain't playing with nikkas and Nrs always has a large base so Capcom def needs to level up their whole shyt

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I called this narrative popping up in the EVO thread and nikkas thought I was crazy:francis:

Dbfz being a long game fukked Sfs slot up.

Sf ended at 2am :francis: that shyt fukked off the entire mood
then get rid of smash lol

dbfz sets records but somehow ruined evo? what sense does that make

throw smash on saturday as the finale and there's no issue
they did that anyway :dead: and the trickle of characters doesn't mean anything when those characters consist of abigail and falke

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Records were gonna break in that time slot regardless. It's been trending that way for years now
sucks for street fighter then :yeshrug:
SF will always be king until someone else comes along. Tekken will never grow. NR games usually die within a year. DBZ still going but will it last as long between cycles like SF?
no one has really tried to take the crown from SF in decades - definitely not in the way that FPS games are *constantly* trying to pry the top spot away from whoever is holding it

fighting game devs just want a good game and the community just wants diverse options. which is cool and beneficial to everyone in my mind. at the same time, the way capcom's complacency when it comes to fighting games is only becoming more obvious

you can only show weakness for long before someone comes at your neck

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
SF will always be king until someone else comes along. Tekken will never grow. NR games usually die within a year. DBZ still going but will it last as long between cycles like SF?

A completely new fighting game series would have to come a long and take the throne.

Fighting EX Layer could've been big if ONLY Gougi didnt exist and the game had meteor combos or excel instead.

Skill means nothing in that game lol

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Street fighter move set is weak as are their supers.

Add more moves and more/better supers game will restore it's glory.

May as well let that sf tekken game drop asap to save Street fighter. It's a good way for the series to evolve.

Moveset after so many years still hot ass makes no sense

parallax

Superstar
Daps
A completely new fighting game series would have to come a long and take the throne.

Fighting EX Layer could've been big if ONLY Gougi didnt exist and the game had meteor combos or excel instead.

Skill means nothing in that game lol

to kill street fighter a new fanbase would have to be pulled in. dragonball is a nice try, but most of dragonballs fans are anime/manga based.

so the best ones to do would be like mentioned above, blizzard.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
to kill street fighter a new fanbase would have to be pulled in. dragonball is a nice try, but most of dragonballs fans are anime/manga based.

so the best ones to do would be like mentioned above, blizzard.

im saying that something that doesn't exist yet is going to take over.