The Fighting Game Scene No Longer Needs 'Street Fighter' to Thrive

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Just because it wasn't the most watch (time sloting had more to do with that) doesn't mean that it's not relevant.

SF and Tekken must ALWAYS have a presence in the genre because they are the vanguard of the entire community. DBZ has momentum because its new, its different and most of all it fills the void that was left by trash ass Infinite. Of course it would be most watched and most hyped...Marvel was too at one point.

BUT

SFIV literally SAVED the scene. In the same way where there must always be a Stark in Winterfell...there must always be a SF at EVO.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
SFV is better than the original SF4 but its not seeing any of the upgraded versions of SF4

Grateful that it brought back the series but SFIV was ass. FADC cancel into everything to make it safe, long ass matches, vortex redundacy, Seth:hhh: .

People suck off SFIV like it was the holy grail of fighthing games when actuality it was KoF with Shotos.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll always appreciate SF4 for what it's done for the scene and there are things I enjoy about it but that game is a wasteland of option selects and helplessness. Really high level Sf4 is miserable

That game got some atrocious matchups

SFV is better than the original SF4 but its not seeing any of the upgraded versions of SF4
Nah breh

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
Grateful that it brought back the series but SFIV was ass. FADC cancel into everything to make it safe, long ass matches, vortex redundacy, Seth:hhh: .

People suck off SFIV like it was the holy grail of fighthing games when actuality it was KoF with Shotos.
How was it anything like KoF when it isnt team based, slow as fukk, no cd, no hops, no rolls...like...how did you land this conclusion? You are obviously drunk my g.

Only good thing about SFIV is Ibuki's hair animation.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
How was it anything like KoF when it isnt team based, slow as fukk, no cd, no hops, no rolls...like...how did you land this conclusion? You are obviously drunk my g.

Only good thing about SFIV is Ibuki's hair animation.

Cancels = FADC
Super Desperation = Ultras
Over extended combos
And SFIV was slow as fukk.

A lot of KoF developers went back to Capcom around that time.

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
Cancels = FADC
Super Desperation = Ultras
Over extended combos
And SFIV was slow as fukk.

A lot of KoF developers went back to Capcom around that time.
You right. I just...was offended you'd degrade KoF like that broski. Lol

Sfiv...only thing that weak ass shyt did right was tha characters. Adon was that nikka.