The Fighting Game Scene No Longer Needs 'Street Fighter' to Thrive

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
EVO is watched worldwide.The fact that SFV got significantly less viewers than SF4 in 2015 is telling, especially since twitch has grown a ton since.

The game is the biggest flop of this gen IMO. Incredibly disappointing
Hell no lol. MVCI is possibly the biggest flop of all time in the FGC.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
it doesn't NEED Streetfighter but SF is the reason the FGC exists today. plus Capcom revitalized that shyt when it was dying by dropping SFIV. Capcom infused growth again with MvC3.

now I dunno wtf Capcom is doing now tho since MvCI has been a dud and pros are complaining about SF5​

Fighting EX Layer couldve been the game to take that spot if the game didnt have bullshyt Call Of Duty Perks lol

llt23

All Star
Daps
Hell no lol. MVCI is possibly the biggest flop of all time in the FGC.

:russ: Yeah you're right.

Thing is after SFV people lost faith in Capcoms fighting game division and expected MVCI to be bad.

But honestly yeah. I loved the VS. series so much growing up, its definitely way worse off than SF. Street Fighter will have its chance to redeem itself next gen. Marvel VS. seres is likely dead forever now :to:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
.The game is the biggest flop of this gen IMO. Incredibly disappointing
I'm guessing that you've never heard of MVC: Infinite.:mjlol:
I accept no SFV slander. While they might have fukked up the launch, and some may not like it as much as IV, it’s not a terrible game by any measure.
The biggest reason the SFV slander is that this game is ridiculously expensive. Making fight money hard to come by and charging for every basic thing turned people away. Not to mention the fact that SF IV has better characters to choose from.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
SF 4 turned me off fighting games. I own multiple Capcom Fighting games on the PS2 but after buying SF4 after Capcom saying that there will not be another version then coming out with SSF4, SSF4 AE & Ultra I was done.

Then my nephew gave me SF5. Not a bad game but if he didn't give me it I wouldn't have bought it.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Well....yeah.

SF will always have a place and always be featured and respected in the community, but it's no longer THE game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
that dragon ball had only a few more hundred entries than street fighter v and the games is new with a big brand attached to it that attracts casuals
street fighter v already been out for years and still going strong, all the other anime fighters are irrelevant, Dragon Ball is big because Dragon Ball is the star wars of anime, any game with dragon ball attached to it well be popular.
All the top players and biggest names in FGC play street fighter V, that is the sport period, there's a reason sonic fox can dominate every other game but Street fighter V, because all the best players play Street Fighter V there's a lot of competition
The finals true more attention with Dragon Ball because Sonicfox was in the final, if he had been eliminated they wouldn't have been viewed as high
Street Fighter V was still the main event and will always be the case it is THE fighting game
If Daigo and Tokido were in the Finals, it would beat Dragon Ball Z in the ratings, if Punk was back against Tokido or any other name it would've been the same, Problem X is a solid veteran but he ain't got the clout like many other names, so it didn't generate as much hype