The Equalizer 2 (Official Thread)

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
He's right.
The critics gave it 39%....
The audience gave it 89%.....

Man on Fire

I think that was his point with these critics and their ratings.

I saw EQ2 last night and I thought it was okay. It was slow at times, as they built the plot, but it was okay. I'll watch again when it hits HBO or Netflix or wherever.

FYI, RT critics rated it 51%, the audience gave it 76% so far. I agree with the audience once again.

Equalizer 2

I know he's serious. I was being facetious seeing as I enjoyed the movie.

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219
:jbhmm:I thought it was slightly behind the first one in terms of a rating, but I felt like the action/kill scenes were much better this time around, especially the finale. in the hurricane. Also, the villain is much more formidable in this film than the first. Overall, I'd agree with the notion that however you felt about the first film is how you'll feel about this. Hopefully this holds as #1 in the actuals so I can take in the tears on the boxoffice forums.

I agree that there's no way that gang doesn't try to retaliate on McCall, but its not like they'd succeed anyway.

The "slow pace" is about the same as the first, but I'd wish some of the after school special stuff were toned down and hopefully that happens in the third one...if there's one.

I hate trailers as they give away way too much these days and I try to avoid them as best I can. I would of enjoyed this much better if I hadn't been spoiled of everything.

Its nice to see the villain actually make a stand for himself in this one. I wish that last fight between him and Denzel was a bit longer.

The last action piece in the middle of a hurricane is now one of my favorite finales in a film. I don't recall seeing something like that before and seeing as I love to observe the beach during a windy rainstorm, the cinematography on this was captivating to me.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I quite enjoyed this :ehh: It had more meat on its bones than many other action films, the subplots within the film, namely with Denzel taking Miles under his wing I thought were great, especially when he had to guide him in the apartment scene. And I liked how the quirks the character had within the first movie carried over, those mixed with his natural charisma made this a fun time. Low key hoping for a John Wick crossover even though it wouldn’t happen. shyt would be :ohlawd:

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Bout to go see this with boobi.
This bytch rockin my Infamous Mobb Deep bandana
:deadmanny:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
this shyt was good....he was more vulgar than John Wick if we keepin it a buck......they can do a prequel based off the information they revealed....

Those close quarter combat scenes were really good....I wouldnt mind seeing a featurette on the choreography

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I would love to do the prequel to this series, even if it’s titled a different name than “Equalizer”. The thing is I’m shorter than Denzel but I think I could kill the role, being a 30 year old Denzel whipping ass.