The End Is Near: The Leftovers season 3 thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I didn't get the opening scene. What were they waiting/looking for?
The flash back scene? like breh said they're waiting for the rapture, that pastor kept trying to predict the date and he was wrong every time, but, and I'd have to re-watch the episode but I swear April 14th was one of the dates the pastor predicted. I'm also curious to know if the white robe thing they wore has anything to due with the guilty remnant wearing white

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
The flash back scene? like breh said they're waiting for the rapture, that pastor kept trying to predict the date and he was wrong every time, but, and I'd have to re-watch the episode but I swear April 14th was one of the dates the pastor predicted. I'm also curious to know if the white robe thing they wore has anything to due with the guilty remnant wearing white
April 16th was the date.

They used the day of the inaguration and the day the show premiered this year as dates. That third one i dont think correlates with anything.

I wonder why Nora doesnt wanna hear about Kevin at all.

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
This might be a reach, but in The Book of Revelation the period between the rapture (similar to the departure) and the end of the world (when the antichrist emerges) is 7 years.

Is it possible that Kevin isn't actually the 2nd coming of Jesus but is the antichrist? :lupe: That would explain why future Norah would want to forget him at the end of the episode.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
That nikka was a fraud and a pedophile

Eddie Winslow and Michael's granfather were the real deal

Nora testified to his gift in the first season....

He wished ro have his family back

He was real breh....the show just moved on in sesson 2 with no explanation...

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

The show didn't need to explain anything because the guy was obviously a fraud.. Just another cult leader brainwashing people

Kevin and Lori's son was doing the same thing.. hugging nikkas and and they all of a sudden would "feel" better too:mjlol:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
The show didn't need to explain anything because the guy was obviously a fraud..

Kevin and Lori's son was doing the same thing.. huggin nikkas and and they all of a sudden would "feel" better :mjlol:

Dont know what else to tell you breh....get checked for add I guess.......:yeshrug:......moving on.....

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

naaah, he was both real and fake. it works if you want it to work, similar to how religion really works for people who believe in it. it's essentially placebo effect.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
naaah, he was both real and fake. it works if you want it to work, similar to how religion really works for people who believe in it. it's essentially placebo effect.

Dont buy it...the wish he granted Kevin confirmed it for me...as well as the phrophecys he gave to Kevins son..but perhaps that was always up for interpretation and maybe thats why his character hasnt been mentioned since....he did abandon Kevin's son in the end....and the baby doesnt seem to be of importance....none the less my interpretation from Noras story was he was real...:yeshrug:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Dont buy it...the wish he granted Kevin confirmed it for me...as well as the phrophecys he gave to Kevins son..but perhaps that was always up for interpretation and maybe thats why his character hasnt been mentioned since....he did abandon Kevin's son in the end....and the baby doesnt seem to be of importance....none the less my interpretation from Noras story was he was real...:yeshrug:
i mean you can easily be right, the show really doesn't give concrete evidence either way. I always just thought he was a fraud cult leader but that his methods did work on people who were susceptible to that type of manipulation. I feel like the characters in season 1 were ridiculously emotionally vulnerable and susceptible to anything.