"The Earth is flat" - Kyrie Irving

Antiquity

All Star
Daps
Why do we create simulations right now?

Scientists currently use supercomputer to simulate things like the universe after the big bang. So scientific inquiry is definitely a reason to create a realistic simulation of the world. We also have games like the sims that simulate small worlds for fun. So just making simulated words for fun is another reason our world was made.

The main reason I believe our world was created is because whoever did it could do so. Same reason why we'll probably make real world simulations in the future. Because we can. Scientific inquiry into the origins of humanity will be the stated reason. But we'll mostly do it cause we can do it and for the fun of it.

Yes but Scientist, being that they are human, have a limited knowledge of the world and the universe, thus we apply technology and physics to try to branch out our understanding of the world around us. We create simulations to help us have a better understanding of life. We are in a constant state of learning.

If this is a simulated reality, then the creator of this reality would have to be on the same intelligence spectrum as human beings. A highly intelligent and advanced being wouldn't create a simulated reality to discover, observe, or entertain itself. These are all very Human traits that indicate a mind that is still in the process of learning.

Also, the phrase "simulated reality" is a misnomer. To be simulated means to be manufactured. Reality is "real" and thus cannot be artificial.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes but Scientist, being that they are human, have a limited knowledge of the world and the universe, thus we apply technology and physics to try to branch out our understanding of the world around us. We create simulations to help us have a better understanding of life. We are in a constant state of learning.

If this is a simulated reality, then the creator of this reality would have to be on the same intelligence spectrum as human beings. A highly intelligent and advanced being wouldn't create a simulated reality to discover, observe, or entertain itself. These are all very Human traits that indicate a mind that is still in the process of learning.

Also, the phrase "simulated reality" is a misnomer. To be simulated means to be manufactured. Reality is "real" and thus cannot be artificial.

You don't know that. No one has ever met an advanced intelligence, so we have no idea how they would behave.

And FYI it doesn't take an advanced intelligence to create a simulation of our world. If current trends of hold when it comes to the exponential advancement of computer technology, such feat should be possible by the 2050s.

We already create video games that are getting more and more realistic every year. Why do you find it hard to believe that in the year 2070 a video game won't come out that is a realistic simulation of our world?

If it's possible, someone will do it. That is why Elon Musk said a few months ago that he believes there is a 99.9% certainty that we currently live in a computer simulated reality. His argument is that since we know this is possible and since we know that humans will make billions of these simulated worlds. The likelihood that we reside in the one original universe rather than the billions of simulations is highly unlikely.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mandela effect :dead: :deadrose: :deadmanny:

I have memories of the Berenstein Bears not the Berenstain Bears. I have memories of Australia being located thousands of miles south of Papua New Guinea not less than one hundred miles south.

The reality I remember is different than the reality that currently exists. Only way something like this is possible is if the simulation has glitched and changed stuff in the past without changing all of our memories as well.

We live in the Matrix. The proof already exists. You just need to look for it.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don't know that. No one has ever met an advanced intelligence, so we have no idea how they would behave.

And FYI it doesn't take an advanced intelligence to create a simulation of our world. If current trends of hold when it comes to the exponential advancement of computer technology, such feat should be possible by the 2050s.

We already create video games that are getting more and more realistic every year. Why do you find it hard to believe that in the year 2070 a video game won't come out that is a realistic simulation of our world?

If it's possible, someone will do it. That is why Elon Musk said a few months ago that he believes there is a 99.9% certainty that we currently live in a computer simulated reality. His argument is that since we know this is possible and since we know that humans will make billions of these simulated worlds. The likelihood that we reside in the one original universe rather than the billions of simulations is highly unlikely.
:wtb: Video game characters don't have sentience. You are earning that woat banner the search this year is over.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
this 'simulation' talk is stupid too. Surely if we all lived in a simulation, a simulation that has rules e.g. like the rules of nature and physics etc, surely one of the rules would be to 'not talk about the universe being a simulation'. Keeping the illusion of reality would be the most important law of the simulation.

:Jamarnah: Surely these 'woke folks' would be ejected from the sim?

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
1. Quantum Mechanics - if you study the double slit experiment and the delayed choice quantum eraser experiment, the only way to explain the phenomena that results from those experiments is to assume we live in a computer generated reality.

Superposition of subatomic particles means we don't really exist? :deadrose:

2. Mandela Effect - I along with millions of other people have memories of a reality that no longer exists in this reality and presumably never existed. From the Berenstein/Berenstain phenomena to the changes in the location of continents like Australia on the world map, I have memories of a reality that has now been changed. Only way to explain this phenomena is if we live in a computer simulated reality that has been modified.

Please give a specific instance of something you distinctly remembered that no longer exists. This should be good :ohhh:

I used to believe we lived in a computer simulated reality because of quantum mechanics alone. But since December 2016 when I discovered the Mandela Effect, I now know we live in a computer simulation because I have experienced a change to the Matrix.

If you @Swagnificent are a computer generated being, how do you explain free will and self awareness? Why does one human being love rap music and the other rock n roll? Why does one being comb his hair every morning, and the other one once a week? How do you create unique, self-aware, and self-maintaining instances in this object oriented simulation we are currently experiencing? And why do said instances seek to explore, to invent, to reproduce, to conquer, to kill?

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

Genesis 1
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

:sas2: :umad:

firmament.jpg

You are quoting verses you don't even understand according to your own ascribed theory :deadrose:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
The reason things fall is because of density. If you are heavier than air you fall. Same reason things sink in the water versus float. A lead ball doesn't sink in water because of gravity. It sinks because its more dense.

The reason we can't see China from a tall building is because there is air, fog, haze, smog, rain, etc. in between us and China that obscures our vision. Its the same way that when there is fog you can't see a few feet in front of you on the highway. There is alot of moisture in our atmosphere that obscures our vision over long distances.

If we live on a flat plane that doesn't move and if instead its the Sun and moon that move around the earth, you would still see the same phenomenon.

The ancients had no problem believing the earth was flat and stationary and it was the Sun and stars that moved. That is what our senses tell us when we look at the world.

The ancients also killed/burnt people and animals to the gods to have a good harvest and to protect them.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I have memories of the Berenstein Bears not the Berenstain Bears. I have memories of Australia being located thousands of miles south of Papua New Guinea not less than one hundred miles south.

The reality I remember is different than the reality that currently exists. Only way something like this is possible is if the simulation has glitched and changed stuff in the past without changing all of our memories as well.

:heh:

What do you think happens when you misplace your car keys?

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
firmament.jpg

You are quoting verses you don't even understand according to your own ascribed theory :deadrose:

Lets not sidestep brethren. What did that guy (who mysteriously died soon after his discovery :mjpls: ) find?

In the video he said he saw water under water that he could not penetrate. Do you have an explanation? Then we can get to your incorrect view of what the Hebrews did or did not believe...

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Lets not sidestep brethren. What did that guy (who mysteriously died soon after his discovery :mjpls: ) find?

In the video he said he saw water under water that he could not penetrate. Do you have an explanation? Then we can get to your incorrect view of what the Hebrews did or did not believe...

He really died after this discovery? :ohhh: And to keep it 100 no I don't have an explanation, typically water you can't penetrate is ice, but the breh said he saw ripples. I could explain it away as the impact of hitting ice causing ripples above it, but that's not scientific enough by my standards, it seems you have stumped me here breh :mjcry: