"The Earth is flat" - Kyrie Irving

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
If the earth is flat how come there is always light at any given time on one part of the earth? More importantly how can it ever be dark if the eath is flat? Technically it should be dusk not pitch black. You can't have one part of the earth be dark and the other part have light in a flat earth scenario, unless of course you are assuming the sun is smaller than the earth. Do you believe it can be argued the sun is smaller than the earth? :mjpls:
i think this is their weakest explanation. They basically assume the sun's light is like a table lamp with a narrow aperture :lolbron:. What is the sun and moon are orbiting around? Some invisible tether 3000miles above the north pole?
They also think the Sun is tiny i think like 300 miles diameter, and only 3000 miles above Earth :dwillhuh:. Which then makes you question where the suns light comes from, as there isn't enough gravity for nuclear fusion if the sun is that small. :yeshrug:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
What shape do all antient religions and cultures think the earth is. Whether supended in a vacum, on an animal or othee seat, or between heaven above and hell below they all claim its flat, fixed and enclosed.
i mentioned hindus before so:
tortuga03.jpg

i didn't know what your point was for the rest of the post. I'm atheist by the way not a "good believing christian"

Last edited:

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
There actually is a theory about the real size of the sun.

The flat earth model.has an explanation about night/day and movement on the sun.

If the earth is flat how come there is always light at any given time on one part of the earth? More importantly how can it ever be dark if the eath is flat? Technically it should be dusk not pitch black. You can't have one part of the earth be dark and the other part have light in a flat earth scenario, unless of course you are assuming the sun is smaller than the earth. Do you believe it can be argued the sun is smaller than the earth? :mjpls:

Yo Mama

Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Hinduism more or less describes the earth as round. Whats the point if this pic?

i mentioned hindus before so:
tortuga03.jpg

i didn't know what your point was for the rest of the post. I'm atheist by the way not a "good believing christian"

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
How to measure the size of the sun

When the Moon passes perfectly in line with the Sun it blocks it out completely. This means they have the same angular size in the sky. This geometric relationship allows us to apply the properties of similar triangles.

c9889b0d3d4eb613131b8ee2c8f78fd4542036a0.jpg

10th century CE Greek copy of Aristarchus of Samos's 2nd century BCE calculations of the relative sizes of the Sun, Moon and the Earth.
Thanks to similar triangles we know the ratio of distances from earth to sun and earth to moon must equal the ratio of sun’s diameter to moon’s diameter.

b671e7cedc032da2a9ce00dcb28a88c4c99beb59.png

Setting up the proportions between width and distance
distance to sun / distance to moon = sun diameter / moon diameter
We’ve already determined these values so we can simply plug them in!
149 600 000 / 384 400 = sun diameter / 3474
sun diameter = 1 352 004 km

This is very close to the actual value! The actual diameter is closer to 1 391 000 km
How cool is that? We measured the size of the sun (about 1.3 million kilometers) using some basic observations and a little geometry! This illustration shows the approximate size of Earth compared to the Sun if they were put directly beside each other.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Hinduism more or less describes the earth as round. Whats the point if this pic?
by round do you mean 'sphere'? if so, no it doesn't. The picture is what they think the cosmos is. A round domeish shape on a turtles back.

No ancient religions thought the earth was a sphere because occam's razor. Just like no ancient religions thought matter was made up of atoms and empty space. IT DEOSNT LOOK THAT WAY. this doesnt mean the earth isn't spherical or matter isn't made of atoms.

Yo Mama

Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Would you describe a turtle shell as round or flat? C'mon man smarten up :deadrose:

Lol. You do know there is more than one hindu creation story right? The wild gods and demons versions. Creation and destruction cycles.

Hinduism also describes the earth being round. Even goes on to describle the solar system...A more "scientific" version.

Last edited:

Yo Mama

Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
...although the Bhagavatam doesn’t explicitly describe the Earth as a globe, it does so indirectly. For example, it points out that night prevails diametrically opposite to a point where it is day. Likewise, the sun sets at a point opposite where it rises. Therefore, the Bhagavatam does not present the naive view that the Earth is flat...

...the Bhagavatam similarly presents the orbits of the sun, the moon, planets, and important stars on a series of planes parallel to Bhu-mandala. Seeing Bhu-mandala as a polar projection is one example of how it doesn’t represent a flat Earth.

by round do you mean 'sphere'? if so, no it doesn't. The picture is what they think the cosmos is. A round domeish shape on a turtles back.

No ancient religions thought the earth was a sphere because occam's razor. Just like no ancient religions thought matter was made up of atoms and empty space. IT DEOSNT LOOK THAT WAY. this doesnt mean the earth isn't spherical or matter isn't made of atoms.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
...although the Bhagavatam doesn’t explicitly describe the Earth as a globe, it does so indirectly. For example, it points out that night prevails diametrically opposite to a point where it is day. Likewise, the sun sets at a point opposite where it rises. Therefore, the Bhagavatam does not present the naive view that the Earth is flat...

...the Bhagavatam similarly presents the orbits of the sun, the moon, planets, and important stars on a series of planes parallel to Bhu-mandala. Seeing Bhu-mandala as a polar projection is one example of how it doesn’t represent a flat Earth.
a) i have studied this all before and it doesn't say anywhere that it is a globe, anywhere. it talks about heliocentricty but not being a sphere. FE'ers incorrectly think there is night and day with a FE.

Other religions and cultures all have similar creation stories and ideas about the nature of a flat earth. Logical coincidence? Maybe.

Their descriptions of a flat earth are similar
b) I really don't know what your whole point is. you start off by saying all religions think the earth is flat now you're arguing that Hinduism says its a sphere :hula:.

Get your mind right.
you don't even know what you are arguing for, you are getting negged for FE but you believe the earth is a sphere. hustling backwards.

Yo Mama

Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
I never said all religions dear.

Brush up on your hinduism?

Read posts in their entirety and think of what that poster is saying to you. Don't ignore everything else except what you want to rant about only.

Hustling backwards? Seriously? I couldn't care less about daps or negs. Unless they translate into real life dollars.

Won't post what I think will be a popular opinin so I can be repped or dapped.

Also are you posting from more than one account???

a) i have studied this all before and it doesn't say anywhere that it is a globe, anywhere. it talks about heliocentricty but not being a sphere. FE'ers incorrectly think there is night and day with a FE.

b) I really don't know what your whole point is. you start off by saying all religions think the earth is flat now you're arguing that Hinduism says its a sphere :hula:.

Get your mind right.
you don't even know what you are arguing for, you are getting negged for FE but you believe the earth is a sphere. hustling backwards.

Last edited:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
I said other, not all.

Brush up in your hinduism.

Read posts in the entirety and think of what that poster is saying to you.

Don't ignore everything else except what you want to rant about only.

Also are you posting from more than one account???
you're not even making sense now. whenever you're ready to quote where in the hindu text it says earth is a sphere feel free.
as i said you don't even know what you are arguing for or against. And no I only have 1 account.

I'm done unless you have anything of note to bring to the table.